The UPSC CDS 2019 would be conducted to recruit Officer Trainees (OTs) in the Indian Military Academy, Officer Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and the Air Force Academy. If you are looking for a respectable job that gives you the opportunity to serve the country, then you should apply for the UPSC CDS exam. In the following post, we would be looking at all the things that you should know about before you go for UPSC CDS Apply Online. So, keep on reading.
UPSC CDS Apply Online 2018 – The Eligibility Criteria
Before you fill up the UPSC CDS Form, you should know whether you are actually eligible to appear for UPSC CDS. The UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria is the minimum requirements that you would need to fulfil if you want to apply for the job. So, let us take a look at the details of the eligibility criteria
UPSC CDS Age Limit
Let us start by taking a look at the age and marital eligibility for different posts. As you know, the CDS is used to recruit candidates for Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun, Air Force Academy (Dundigul) and Indian Naval Academy (Ezhimala) as well as the Officer’s Training Academy. Let us check the age limit that you need to fulfil before you go for UPSC CDS Apply
(i) For IMA-Unmarried male candidates aged 20 to 24 years as on 01st January 2019, i.e.born not earlier than 02nd January 1995 and not later than 01st January 2000 only are eligible
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates 20 to 24 years as on 01st January 2019, i.e.born not earlier than 02nd January 1995 and not later than 01st January 2000 only are eligible
(iii) For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 01st January 2019 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1995 and not later than 01st January 1999 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born not earlier than 02nd January 1993 and not later than 01st January 1999) only are eligible
(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd January 1994 and not later than 01st January 2000 only are eligible
(v) For Officers’ Training Academy -(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible; they should have been born not earlier than 02nd January 1994 and not later than 01st January 2000
UPSC CDS Educational Requirements
You also need to fulfil certain educational requirements for UPSC CDS Apply Online. Different institutes have different requirements. The details are given below:
i) For Indian Military Academy/Officers’ Training Academy: You must have a Degree in any subject from a recognized university or equivalent
ii) For Indian Naval Academy: You must have a Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution
iii) For Air Force Academy: You must Degree in any subject of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering degree
Important things to note:
- Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of commencement of the SSB interview at the SSB.
- For CDS exam, applicants can be from any stream but if you are applying for Air Force and Navy, candidates should have studied physics and maths up to Class 12.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to subject proof of passing the during the SSB interview.
- If you are an Air Force candidate and you get suspended from Flying Training for failure to learn flying, they would be absorbed in the Navigation Branch of the IAF. This will be subject to availability of vacancies and fulfilling the requirements as laid down by the UPSC (including 60% in graduation).
UPSC CDS Physical Eligibility
You need to fulfil certain physical standards before you fill in the UPSC CDS online form.The details are given below:
- Minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms (157 for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force).
- For females candidates, the minimum acceptable height is 152 cms.
- For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, minimum acceptable height will be 152.5 cms.
- For candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- The above concessions are not applicable for Navy and Air Force
- For individuals with heavy bones and broad build as well as individuals with thin but otherwise healthy, this limit may be further relaxed to some extent on merit. Please refer the height weight chart released by UPSC for exact details.
UPSC CDS Apply Online-Important Dates
When you are looking to appear for UPSC CDS 2019, you should know about the dates for filling up the UPSC CDS Application Form 2019. Let us check out the UPSC CDS Exam Date 2019 for the 1st Session. The written exam would be in February 2019. The interview round (SSB) would be conducted in July 2019. The details of the UPSC CDS Exam Date 2019 are given below in the table:[su_table]
|UPSC CDS 2019 Exam Date for 1st Session|
|Date of notification||31 October 2018|
|Last date of online applications||26 November 2018|
|Date of examination||03 February 2019|
|Result Date||June 2019|
|SSB Date||July 2019|
As you can see the UPSC CDS Last Date for submitting the application is on 26 November. You should also note that the official notification that would contain the UPSC CDS (I) Exam Date 2019 would be released in the latter part of October 2019. There might be changes in these dates after the official notification is released. So, we would suggest that you wait for the official notification for the final confirmation.
For more information on UPSC CDS Exam Date, click on the button below:
How to go for UPSC CDS Apply Online
To apply for UPSC CDS 2019, you can click on the link below:
*Please note that the link is not active now. We would update the link as soon as the UPSC CDS Online Application is officially open.
The Process of Filling the UPSC CDS Online Form
Filling up the UPSC CDS Form can only be online. The process of filling up the UPSC CDS Online Form is really simple. You just need to go through the following steps:
- STEP 1: Click on the link above
- STEP 2: You would get the instructions. Read the instructions carefully and then you need to click on ‘Proceed’.
- STEP 3: Fill in all the credentials mentioned in the form correctly.
- STEP 4: Upload your scanned photograph and signature, in the required column.
- STEP 5: Recheck the information. Once you are satisfied that everything is proper, click on the submit button.
- STEP 6: Make the Application Fee Payment for the UPSC CDS 2019
- STEP 7: After successfully making the payment, you would be redirected to the page where your full application will be displayed.
- STEP 8: Take a printout of that application form for future reference
- STEP 9: Your recruitment form is submitted now. You will get an update in your Email account.
The UPSC CDS Application Fee
When you are filling in the UPSC CDS Online Application, you need to pay an online application fee. The following table gives the details of the application fee that you need to pay for UPSC CDS Apply Online 2019.[su_table]
|Category of Applicant||Fee|
|General Category (Male)||Rs. 200|
|Female, SC/ST Candidates||Exempted|
The UPSC CDS Admit Card
After successfully filling up the USPC CDS online form, you would need to download the admit card. The process of UPSC CDS Admit Card can only be downloaded online. No admit card would be sent by post. To know more about the UPSC CDS Admit Card, click on the link below:
These are some of the most important information that you need to know before you go for UPSC CDS Apply Online. To know more about the UPSC CDS 2019 exam, click on the link below: