The UCEED Syllabus is prescribed by the governing body – IIT Bombay. Candidates must go through the UCEED Syllabus as it is very crucial and this will help the candidates to understand the nature of the questions in the exam.
The syllabus well in advance will be advantageous for the students who would appear in UCEED entrance exam.
Knowing the UCEED syllabus and the UCEED Exam Pattern will indicate the type of questions that will be asked in different sections of the entrance test.
Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Knowledge of everyday mechanical and scientific concepts
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions
- Understanding of transformation and/ or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships
Observation & Design Sensitivity
- Test Takers appearing for the exam should have the ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events. They should also be able to think critically about them.
- It is also essential for the candidates to have the ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
- UCEED test takers should also have an eye for details. They should also have abilities such as analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting
Language and Creativity
Reading comprehension, verb patterns, knowledge of English grammar such as sentence structure, articles, active and passive constructions, vocabulary skills, usage and use of tenses.
Design thinking and problem solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols.
- Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select options.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, the ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Environmental and Social Awareness
- History of art, literature and sculptures.
- Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, water, population, pollution, vegetation, natural resources, weather, etc., and their impact on the design of products, infrastructure, images, and the environment.
The analytical and logical reasoning
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to the question and data interpretation, brain teasers and patterns.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criterias.
- Ability to look at the information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or assumptions and whether evidence or argument support the conclusions.
UCEED Exam Pattern
As per the UCEED Exam Pattern, the questions asked in the examination will be objective type. The exam is for three hours and with a maximum of 300 total marks. The question paper is divided among three sections, namely –
- Section A – Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
- Section B – Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
- Section C – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
With the knowledge of the syllabus along with the Exam Pattern, candidates can draw a clear-cut timetable for UCEED 2019 and decide how much time they will allocate to each of the sections depending on their strength and weakness.