Are you a graduate with an affinity towards social science willing to get exposed to the perfect environment to share and develop your passion? Then, the Tata Institute of Social Science National Eligibility Test- TISSNET 2019 opens the door to a multi-campus public funded research institute and the oldest institute for professional social work education, the Tata Institute of Social Science.
TISS National Eligibility Test – TISSNET 2019
Tata Institute of Social Science National Eligibility Test, popular by the acronym TISSNET, is a national-level standardized computer-based online test organized and conducted once every year in various centers across the country by the Tata Institute of Social Science to determine admissions to the various postgraduate programs offered by the various branches of the institute in Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, and Guwahati.
Important Dates for TISSNET 2019
|The application form will be made available online by the||Fourth week of October 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application form and via post||Second week of December 2018|
|The Admit Cards will be issued the||Third week of December 2018|
|TISS National Eligibility Test||First week of January 2019|
|Results will be declared by||Last week of January 2019|
|PI and PIT Admission Rounds from||Last week of February 2019-Last week of March 2019|
|Selected candidates will be declared by||Last week of April 2019|
The following general conditions must be met with to be eligible for application to the various postgraduate programs offered by TISS:
- The candidate must be a graduate in any of the disciplines from any recognized University. Final year graduates can also apply provided they have secured a pass percentage in all subjects for 1st to 4th semesters for 3-year duration course and for 1st to 6th semesters for 4-year duration course.
- Scanned image of the candidate’s recent photograph
- Digital copy of the candidate’s signature
- Category Certificates if applicable
How to Apply
The application forms will be made available online on the official website tentatively by the fourth week of October 2018. You can also request a print copy of the same from the institute via speed post sent with the application fees to the following address:
Assistant Registrar (Academic),
Tata Institute of Social Sciences,
Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
Fill in the required details. You can apply for three programs across two campuses. Upload the necessary documents and proceed to pay the application fee the details of which are given in the following table:
(I) Online Payment for applying to one program:
(II) Payment using Challan for applying to one program:
|1000INR + bank charge||250INR +bank charge|
The Admit Cards for the successfully registered candidates can be downloaded from the official website from the third week of December 2018 by entering your user ID, password, and security code.
TISSNET 2019 is a computer-based online test spanning 1 hour and 40 minutes conducted in 39 centers across the country consisting of objective-type questions with a total of 100 marks to evaluate the candidate’s general awareness, analytical ability, logical reasoning, and English proficiency. There will be no penalty for incorrect answers. The pattern and mark distribution of the exam is as given in the following table:
|General Awareness||40 marks|
|English Proficiency||30 marks|
|Maths and Logical Reasoning||30 marks|
The detailed syllabus for TISSNET is as given below:
- Data Interpretation: This section has questions pertaining to such areas as Bar graph, Pie chart, Case lets, Line graphs, Tables, Double pie chart, Multiple graphs & Data comparison and related topics.
- General Awareness: This section has questions pertaining to such areas as Environment & ecology, Economy/ Policy, Gender/Health/Education, Media/ICTs/Literature/Art/Culture, Politics/History/Governance/Law, International politics/ current events, Labour, Sports, and related topics.
- Logical Reasoning: This section has questions pertaining to such areas as Number Series, Eye for detail, Logical Connectivity, Venn Diagram, Cubes, Alphabet Series, Statement Conclusion/Assumption/ Arguments, Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement, Puzzles, and related topics.
- Mathematics: This section has questions pertaining to such areas as Profit and Loss, Basic Geometry, Percentages, Averages, Ratio and Proportion and related topics.
- Reading Comprehension: This section has questions pertaining to such areas as Purpose of the passage, Assumption and Supporting Statement, Inference, e and Conclusion Drawn, Author’s Point of View, Strengthen and Weaken, Flaw and Discrepancy, and related fields.
- Verbal Aptitude: This section has questions pertaining to such areas as Antonyms, Odd word out, Right usage of words, Fill in the Blanks – Homophones, Idioms – Match the following, Sentence Correction, Analogies, and related fields.
Exam Results and Cut-off
Results of TISSNET will be published on the official website by the last week of January 2019. You can download the results using your login credentials.
The cut-off marks for General Category is 45% and it is 35% for SC/ST candidates.
Pre-Interview Test (PTI) and Personal Interview(PI)
Candidates shortlisted after the entrance exam for the next rounds including a Pre-Interview test and personal interview.
For further information and updated notifications, visit the official website:
Crack TISSNET and get exposed to the academic expertise and cutting-edge research of a reputed institute that has tailored mavens of this field. Good luck with your attempts!