IPU CET stands for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test. Basically, this entrance test is mandatory to get admission in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for courses like B.tech, MCA etc. This exam stands as a backbone for the students who want to pursue engineering but couldn’t score well in JEE Mains or didn’t get their dream branch through JEE Mains. Here are some tips for IPU CET to score better marks.
Various Exams in Engineering Field.
Engineering field is a really very competitive field and the level of competition is rising exponentially. Such a level of competition among students makes it impossible to offer their dream branch and college on the basis of their CBSE class 12 percentage. That’s why entrance tests are conducted. Among all the entrances, the top ones are as follows:
- JEE Advanced(for colleges like IITs, IIScs).
- JEE Mains(for colleges like NITs, IIITs, DTU, NSIT and other GFTIs).
- IPUCET(for GGSIPU colleges).
- VITEEE(for VIT).
Making up your mind for IPU CET(B.Tech: CET Code-131).
If you couldn’t perform well in the first two entrance tests, there is no need to worry about it as the third one is going to serve as a backbone for you. Through IPU CET, if you manage to get good rank in it, then you can get colleges like USICT, MAIT under GGSIPU which stands rank fifth and sixth respectively in NCT of Delhi.
Now, it’s the time to stop looking back and think about the failures and mishaps you have gone through. The time has arrived to learn from the mistakes committed while appearing for the other entrances. IPU CET is conducted after JEE Mains but before JEE Advanced. The day of JEE Mains tells the student whether to go for JEE Advanced or go for IPU CET.
Preparation for IPU CET doesn’t require any additional knowledge for the ones appearing for JEE Mains. The syllabus of IPU CET is the same as that of JEE Mains. However, the pattern of the exam is a bit different.
Exam Pattern of IPU CET.
The paper of IPU CET is conducted in offline mode. Students are given 150 questions to be done in 2:30 hours. The questions belong to three subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics where each subject is given equal weightage. The IPU CET paper is an objective type paper in which every correct answer is awarded +4 marks and every incorrect answer is awarded -1 mark. No marks to an unattempted question.
Tips for IPU CET
- Out of PCM, It is very strongly advised to attempt the subject and the questions which you have mastered in order to devote more time to the topics which you are comparatively weaker.
- As the exam pattern itself says, one question per minute, so the exam is all about speed along with accuracy. The secret to getting over this is more and more practice of sample papers in time limit so as to get familiar with the exam pattern.
- Books like GGSIPU Engineering Entrance Exam by Arihant will help to minimize the workload of searching samples and model test papers over the internet and even help you to ace in this exam.
- If you are not sure about the answer which you are about to circle in the OMR sheet, it’s better to leave it blank as a wrong answer would give to -1 where an unattempted answer brings no harm to your marks.
- It is often seen that some questions of IPU CET belong to those already asked in JEE Mains. So, it’s recommended to go through the paper of JEE Mains once again and clear all your doubts and answers. Even the questions you left or went wrong in that paper must be clarified before appearing for IPU CET.
Hope this article gives a fair idea about IPU CET and how to go through the exam, perform well and get the rank you have always deserved.