Static GK Preparation is one of the most important things that you need to do when you are preparing for government exams. Static GK is one of the important parts of the SBI PO Mains Syllabus and IBPS PO Mains Syllabus. One of the best things about static GK is that is that it is highly scoring if you prepare for it in the right way. In the following post, we would take a look at the steps that you should take for Static GK Preparation for Government Exams. The steps that we use are useful for banking exams as well as SSC Exams.
Starting Your Static GK Preparation
- Read to increase knowledge: You should read magazines, newspapers, weekly GK Blogs online and watch news channels for enhancing your knowledge about current affairs as well as static GK.
- Always create notes and keep them handy: You need to create notes from what you read and keep it handy. You should make updates to it as you go on. It will help you to revise all the topics which you have covered in Static GK. It should contain notes that contain information on Culture, Indian History, Geography (India + World), Environment, Economy and Polity. Instead of cramming, make structured notes and mind map to remember the facts, a chronology of events, cause and effect, etc.
- Revise the notes: Revision plays an important part. Reading once won’t give you benefit. You have to memorize these points by revising as frequently as possible.
- Focus on Important topics – Static GK and General Science: SSC usually has more questions from Static GK than Current Affairs. Therefore, if you are focusing on SSC, you should focus more on static GK and simultaneously stay in touch with Current Affairs.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Try to practice as much previous paper as you can.
Things to keep in mind with Static GK Preparation
Let us take a look at the few things that you must keep in mind when going through Static GK Preparation and during the exam
- Regular Practice: Make a habit practicing previous year paper and mock test every day.
- Practice Important Topics: Students should practice important topics first.
- Focus on your weak areas: Along with the important topics, focus on your weak areas and spend more time improving them.
- Read the complete question first: Read the questions carefully and check what is being asked.
- Rule of Elimination: Use the method of elimination the confusing options if you don’t know the answer right away
- Avoid any guess works: Guesswork may lead you to wrong answers and will increase negative marking. So, don’t waste much time on one question. Move onto the next if you are not sure about the correct answer.
Important Topics for Static GK Preparation
These are the most important for Static GK Preparation. Most of the questions in the exam come from the following sections:
1. CAPITALS of countries
2. CURRENCY of countries
3. IMPORTANT DATES–
4.SPORTS FOOTBALL,HOCKEY etc recent events & SPORTS awards too
5. Important books & authors
6. IMPORTANT hydropower dams, atomic power plant s, important national parks
7. Minster & portfolio & constituency
8. Population census
9. Awards -films, national, BAFTA, GRAMMY, OSCAR, etc
10. Persons in news -DEATH, most famous, popular recent only
11. Recent PM Modi visits other countries
12. Recent Indian deals with other countries
13. Important dances & festivals of Indian states
14. International Head Quartes & organizations
15. Important president & pm elected from various countries
16. Important about banks like payment banks, small banks & licence system
17. Science & technology , like defence & navy , Airforce , missiles
18. Business news — like which company largest , biggest most successfulthe in market, top companies as per fortune
19. Recent central Govt schemes
20. Recent appointments — foreign secretary , financial secretary , RAW, IB , etc..
21. Important stock exchanges & financial institutions
22. Important recent places popular in world
23. Recent summits & places
24. Most influential people , richest , top companies- by times , fortune etc
25. Important Bird sanctuaries
26. Important themes of events like world women day , ebola etc
27. latest invention & discoveries in India & world & places & miss world , miss universe etc..
28. National news, International News
29. The important project started by Modi -digital India, Make in India, PMJDY, etc
30. Recent schemes started by banks — child accounts , pockets , card less ATMs , contact ATMS etc.
So, these were the tips for Static GK Preparation for various government exams. Hopefully, this article would help you in your banking preparation. For more such articles, keep browsing Topprnotes.