The SSC MTS 2019 is an exam that would be conducted to recruit candidates for various posts like peon, daftary, mali, jamadar etc. If you have passed your class 10 examination and you are of employable age, then SSC MTS is one of the best options for you. If you are looking to prepare the SSC MTS 2019, then you must know about the SSC MTS Syllabus. In the following article, we would be taking a look at the subjects that are in the SSC MTS syllabus 2019. and the topics that you need to study.
SSC MTS Syllabus 2019 – Knowing the Exam Pattern
Before we know the MTS exam syllabus 2019, we must know about the exam pattern. The exam pattern consists of the topics in the syllabus, the total marks, the duration of the exam and other such details.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern for Paper I
|Reasoning||25||A cumulative Time of 90 minutes|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern for Paper II
After you pass SSC MTS Paper I, you would have to appear for SSC MTS Paper II. The exam pattern for paper II is as follows:
|Subject||Max Marks||Total Time|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any Language included in 8th Schedule of the Constitution||50||30 Minutes|
To know more about the SSC MTS syllabus, click on the button below:
SSC MTS Syllabus 2019 – Paper I
Now, let us take a look at the SSC MTS Syllabus. As we have seen above, the MTS exam is a two-tiered one. The first stage is Paper I, where you would be asked questions on Reasoning, English Language, Numerical Ability, and General Awareness. Let us take a look at the MTS exam syllabus for each of the subjects:
MTS Exam Syllabus for Reasoning
The following topics are included SSC MTS syllabus for Reasoning
- Classification – You need to pick the odd one out
- Analogy – You would be given a pair of words and you need to choose another pair that is similar to them.
- Coding-Decoding – You would be asked to decode a code word using logic
- Word Formation
- Venn Diagram
- Blood Relation – Questions would tell you the various relationships between the members of a family. You would have to find the relation between the people whose relationships are not given
- Missing Numbers – You would be given a sequence of numbers with one or two numbers missing. You need to find the missing number
- Direction – You would be given the path of a person which would have various turns. You would have to find the final direction 0f travel
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
SSC MTS Exam Syllabus for English
Questions in the English language in the MTS exam is generally asked from the following topics
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Phrases and Idioms
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One Word Substitution – You would have to substitute the given phrase in a sentence with the list of the given words.
- Sentence Correction – You would be given a sentence that would have errors. You would have to correct the sentence.
- Error Spotting – Just like sentence correction, you would have correct the errors in a given paragraph.
SSC MTS Exam Syllabus for Numerical Ability
Numerical ability questions are all about mathematics. The questions are usually asked from the following topics
- Ratio and Proportion
- Problems on Ages
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Profit and Loss
- Number System
- Number Series
- Time and Work
- Data Interpretation
- Mixture Problem
Syllabus for General Awareness
- Static GK – Includes topics like states and their capitals, important figures in Indian and world history etc.
- Award and Honors
- Current Affairs
- Dates, Portfolios
SSC MTS Syllabus 2019 – Paper II
In paper II, you need to write either an essay or a letter in English or any other recognized regional languages of India. The topics for the essay and the letter would be general in nature.
So, this was all the details that you should know about the SSC MTS syllabus 2019. For more information on SSC MTS 2019, keep browsing Topprnotes.