The Staff Selection Commision (SSC) recruits aspiring engineers in several government departments through a series of written exams and training before one actually gets to work as a permanent employee of the government. The first phase of the SSC JE 2019 written exam is going to be conducted during November/December, although the official dates of all the events have not been revealed yet. Candidates are advised to wait for the official notification so that the online application process may begin which is basically the first step to the SSC JE Selection Procedure.
SSC JE Selection Procedure 2018 – 2019 Complete Details
The following points give the step-wise SSC JE selection procedure 2019
- STEP 1 – Filling Up the Application Form -The applications are filled online for registering as an SSC JE candidate which initiate the selection process for SSC JE 2017-18. After the applications are screened as per the eligibility of candidates, an exam in the form of Paper-I is conducted.
- STEP 2 – Appearing for Paper I – The SSC JE Paper I is an objective type test. You would be asked questions on General Intelligence (GI) and Reasoning, General Awareness and the field of Engineering that you choose. The total marks are 200. Out of that, the GI and Reasoning section is worth 50 marks and the General Awareness section is also worth 50 marks. The Engineering section, on the other hand, is worth 100 marks.
- STEP 3 – Appearing for Paper II – After you qualify through Paper I, you would need to appear for SSC JE 2019 Paper II. Paper II would be a conventional test with descriptive answers. After you have written that, you must wait for the results. This is the hardest part right? Well, yes, we know!
- STEP 4 – Documentation – If you are amongst the very best and you find your name in the results, you would have to proceed to document verification. For document verification in SSC JE selection procedure, the candidates need to report at authorized centres with the certificates uploaded at the time of online registration.
- STEP 5 – Probation – After successful verification, candidates will be appointed as probationary non-gazetted engineers for a training-based period of 2 years based on the merit list of marks obtained in both Paper-I and II.
- STEP 6 – Final Allotment – Allotment will be carried out on the basis of the ranks in the official merit list prepared by the SSC. Final allotment for various posts is the last step in SSC JE Selection procedure.
The entire process of selection should be thoroughly set in the minds of aspirants, as it is crucial for the recruitment of a large number of engineering graduate degree holders in the public sector agencies. SSC JE 2019 is a pathway for the ones looking to working as engineers in the field of civil/mechanical/electrical engineering at departments under the control of the government.