SSC JE 2018 is at the most a few months away from now. Every year a lot of fresh as well as experienced engineering graduates apply for the exam. After all, you can get recruited to some of the best Central Government departments after you crack the exam. Now, one of the first questions that a lot of candidates ask is what should be the order of preference that they should fill up in the SSC JE online application form. Well, your entire career depends on this decision. Therefore, you should always take an informed decision. Here, we are going to take a look at how you should fill in the SSC JE Post Preference for Electrical Engineering. We would take a look at the process of filling up the post preference and the information that you should consider before filling up the SSC JE Preference Order for Electrical 2018.
Few Facts About the SSC JE Post Preference for Electrical Engineering
When do you have to fill in the post preference?
The preference of posts should be filled at the time when you are filling your online application form for SSC JE. Please note that the preference once made, cannot be changed later on. So, choose wisely!
How many posts can you apply to?
Well, you can apply to all the posts that recruit through SSC JE exam. Not every government department that recruits through SSC JE exam, would recruit electrical engineers. So, you have to ensure that the posts you are applying to are open to electrical engineering candidates.
What are the Post Codes?
Each of the posts that you can apply to has a specific code. When you are filling in the online form, you have to fill in the code for the corresponding post. The codes for the different positions are given below
|Post Code||Post Name|
|P||Central Water Power Research Organization (CWPRO)|
|R||Dept of Quality Assurance|
How are the Vacancies on Filled on the Basis of Preferences?
You would be allotted a particular department based on three things – your final rank, your preference and the vacancy in the department. The first thing that would be considered is the vacancy. If there is a vacancy in that department for your category, they would look at your rank. After that, they would look at whether you have indicated preference for that post. They would also look at the number at which you have put that department in your SSC JE electrical preference order. Suppose, there is a vacancy at CPWD and your rank might have made you eligible. But if you put CPWD second on your list of preference, then another person who might have put CPWD as first preference would get the post, even if he/she has a lower rank than you.
This shows the importance of SSC JE Post Preference. We believe that instead of following the crowd, you should make your own decision. Let us take a look at the various services so that you have a better idea about what you need to fill your SSC JE preference order for electrical in 2018.
Analysis of the Posts for SSC JE Post Preference for Electrical
As we can see from the table above, there are 7 departments that recruit electrical engineers through the SSC JE exam. Let us look at their pros and cons so that you could make an informed decision on the form
Military Engineering Services
This is one of the most sought after postings in SSC JE. Mostly, you would be looking at the infrastructure of military establishments.
- Military facilities that are the best in the service.
- Excellent growth opportunities
- High number of vacancies
- All amenities would be provided to you and your family
- Job transfers are more frequent than other departments
- Field visits might be more frequent
This is another great service that you can join. You would be dealing with the building of roads and other infrastructure projects of the central government
- Excellent growth opportunities
- Posting in major cities
- Frequent site visits to possibly remote locations
Central Water Power Research Organization
This Central Government organization is based out of Pune. Most of the job involves research work.
- Almost no transfers. You would be posted in Pune.
- Challenging job.
- Growth opportunities are less
You would be looking at the maintenance and the performance of Farakka Barrage in West Bengal.
- You would be posted in Farakka in most cases. This is a remote town in West Bengal.
- Difficult working conditions
- Less number of Vacancies
Department of Quality Assurance
This department comes under the Ministry of Defence. It mainly deals with the maintenance and supervision work for the Indian Navy.
- You would get all military facilities.
- Ministerial post. Therefore, growth opportunities are higher.
- Would be posted in Naval base towns
- Number of vacancies are less
National Technical Research Organization
It is the technical intelligence wing that directly comes under the NSA. This deals with the world of intelligence gathering and surveillance. This might look attractive to some.
- Challenging job.
- Job transfers are moderately frequent.
- Less Number of Vacancies
- You have to confidential about your job
Border Roads Organization
Border Roads Organization builds roads through the harsh terrains of the border areas. They also build roads in foreign countries like Afghanistan.
- The pride of working for the country without much recognition
- Number of posts are high
- Postings are often in trouble-stricken areas like J&K, the North East and Afghanistan.
- Transfers are frequent
- Job can turn out to be dangerous and even life-threatening.
Our Advice for SSC JE Post Preference for Electrical
- Never follow the herd. Make your own decisions
- Set your priorities right. Jobs in NTRO and BRO might look adventurous but commit yourself only when you know you could live like that for the next 30 years of your life.
- Getting quarters would be tough in most cases in the early stages of your career. Even in some military jobs. So, if you have a family, then try to go for jobs that don’t have frequent postings.
So, these were some of the things that you should know for SSC JE Post Preference for Electrical Engineering. Hopefully, this article was of help to you.