The Staff Selection Commision would be conducting the SSC JE 2019 exam to recruit Junior Engineers for various government departments. The official notification for the exam would be released in September 2018. The SSC JE Paper I would be conducted in November – December 2018. The SSC JE Paper II exam would be conducted after the results of Paper I are declared. Let us check out the important dates and all the other vital information that you should know about the SSC JE notification and the SSC JE exam in general. You can check the official website for SSC JE Recruitment 2018. You can also get the information you need, right here at Topprnotes.
About the SSC JE Recruitment 2018
The SSC conducts the SSC JE exam for recruiting Junior Engineers for various State and Central government departments like the Defense Forces, Postal Department, CPWD, NTRO and more. As said before, the official SSC JE Recruitment 2018 – 2019 would be out in September 2018. The exams would start in November/December 2018 (tentatively). The exam is conducted in two stages – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I would be an objective type and computer-based exam. Once you qualify the Paper I, you would be able to sit for Paper II. Let’s see how much seats SSC JE 2018 exam offering this time.
Vacancy Details – The number of vacancies changes from year to year. In JE 2017, it was 362. You can expect SSC JE Recruitment 2018 posts to remain in the 350-400 range.
SSC JE Exam Dates
The below provided is the schedule of the SSC JE exam. Please be noted that we are not certain with all the dates for SSC JE Recruitment 2018. Once the SSC JE official notification will be released the dates will be updated accordingly. The applicants can read a detailed article here.
|Release of Official Notification||September 2018|
|Registration Starts||September 2018|
|Registration Closes||23 September 2018 (Tentative)|
|Paper I Exam Date||November/December 2018 (Tentative)|
|Paper I Result in Declaration||To be notified later|
|Paper II Exam Date||To be notified later|
|Final Results||To be notified later|
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria – Nationality, Education, Age relaxation
The SSC JE Eligibility Criteria differs from post to post and from branch to branch as well. Given below are details for eligibility for different posts to be filled by the SSC JE Recruitment 2018.
General Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must be a graduate in Electrical Engineering/ Civil and Structural Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering
- The minimum age and maximum age eligibility are given below-
- For Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical) in CPWD and Central Water Commission, the candidate’s age must be more than 18 years and less than 32 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and contract), the candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical) MES, candidate’s age should exceed 30 years.
SC/ST and other reserved candidates would get age relaxation. For which you can refer the official notification once it will be released here.
Technical Eligibility Criteria
- Junior Engineer (Civil): CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil): Department of Posts – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): Department of Posts- B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical): MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in electrical/mechanical engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (QS&C): MES – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute OR Passed an Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India).
- Junior Engineer (Civil): MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in civil engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical): Central Water Commission – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
Applicants can read a detailed article about the SSC JE 2019 eligibility criteria on the given below button.
SSC JE Apply Online 2018 – 2019 – Important Notes
SSC JE 2019 Application form can only be filled online. So the all the desired documents, photos and signature must be present in digital form. Let us take a look at the SSC JE application process. Applicants can also read a detailed step by step process to SSC JE 2018 apply online, here.
- Aspiring candidates should register themselves on the official website of SSC
- Mode of filling SSC JE 2018 exam Application Form is online only
- You need to upload a recent colour photograph with light (preferably white) background. At least 80% of the photograph should have your face.
- Carefully enter all details asked in the application form for SSC JE Exam. Data once entered cannot be changed.
SSC JE 2018 application form will be released on September 2018. It is necessary to submit the application form before the last date, i.e. late September 2018. The application fee is Rs. 100. However, if you are a female applicant, or if you belong to categories such as SC/ ST/PH/Ex’s, then you are exempted from fee payment. Applicants can read the details in below link.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
For brief about the SSC JE Exam Pattern, we would like to remind you that the exam consists of two stages – Paper I and Paper II. In the below provided table. Let’s look at the summary of Exam pattern for SSC JE in the below table. The Applicants can read a detailed article on exam pattern of SSC Recruitment 2018 here.
|Paper||Mode of the Exam||Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum||Duration|
|Paper 1||Online||General Intelligence||50||50||2 hours|
|Paper 2||Written||Part A: Civil Engineering
Part B: Electrical Engineering.
Part C: Mechanical Engineering
SSC JE Syllabus
In SSC JE Recruitment 2018 the Paper would comprise of General Awareness and Logical Reasoning. Along with that, there would be questions from general engineering as well. And the SSC JE Paper 2 would be more of the technical exam for Civil, Electrical and mechanical. Applicants can refer the SSC JE Syllabus in the below links. The applicants can also download the SSC JE syllabus pdf from these links.
Hopefully, we were able to give most of the information that you were looking for. You can find more details about SSC JE 2019 preparation here on Topprnotes. With the right preparation, you would be able to crack SSC JE with ease.
SSC JE Cutoff
To plan around the SSC JE preparation, aspirants should be well aware of SSC JE Cut off for previous years such that, while the score card is out, you would be able to see if you are eligible for next round or not. To know about last year cutoff for SSC JE, visit the below link.
SSC JE Result
The date of release of the SSC JE Result is not out yet. It is expected to be released along with the SSC JE notification, somewhere around in April end or so. Along with that we have provided you with a direct button to check the result of the SSC JE 2018 Exam.