SSC GD exam is one of the most popular exams in the country today. Like every year, lakhs of candidates are expected to appear for SSC GD 2019. Now, there are a lot of questions that come to the mind of a candidate who is looking to appear for SSC GD 2019. One of the most common things that most men and women think about is the salary that they would be getting after you get selected for the exam. In the following article, we would be talking about the SSC GD Salary and all the details that you should know about it.
SSC GD Salary
The SSC GD Salary consists of many components. You have the basic pay scale, the grade pay and certain other allowances. As you might now, after the 7th Pay Commission, the salary of all Central Government employees have increased a lot. GD Constables and Riflemen who are recruited through the SSC GD Exam will also get the benefits.
The pay scale of an SSC GD Constable is in the pay band of 21700- 69100. This is the recommended payscale under the 7th Pay Commision. The salary would increase when subsequent Pay Commissions come into being.
The following table gives you the details of the SSC GD Constable Salary:
|Designation at CAPF Departments||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|GD Constable/ Rifleman GD||21700- 69100 (PB – 1)||Rs. 2000|
The In-hand SSC GD Constable Salary
So, what is the salary that you would get after getting freshly recruited as a SSC GD Constable/Rifleman in one of the Central Armed Police Forces? Well, in your starting in-hand salary would be around Rs. 23,527. The SSC GD Constable Salary would depend on the force that you join and certain other factors.
SSC GD Salary Pay Slip
Given below is an example of the SSC GD Salary Slip of a Constable at the start of his/her career.
|Salary of GD Constable under Grade Pay Rs.2000 (PB-1)|
|Earnings||Amount (Rs.)||Deductions||Amount (Rs.)|
(City – A1)
(1200 + 24)
|House Rent Allowance
(City – X)
|Total Earnings||25896||Total Deductions||2369|
As said before, the salary might differ a little depending on the force that you serving. It would also depend on the city that you are posted in. For example, if you are posted a metro city, then you would get more House Rent Allowance compared to what you would get when you are posted in a Rural Town. Needless to say, the salary would change when you get promoted!
To know more about the promotions for a SSC GD Constable, click on the link below:
SSC GD Job Profile
The SSC GD exam is used to recruit to the following services
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Rifleman in Assam Rifles
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
The Job Responsibilities of an SSC GD Constable
- You will have to obey the duties handed over by the SHO to him. GD Constables come directly under the supervision of SHO. So, any other task or duties assigned by the SHO will have to be performed by the GD Constables.
- GD Constables are responsible for the overall activities in absence of Assistant Sub-Inspector and Sub-inspectors.
- You will have the authority to inquire and investigate any case if Sub-Inspector asks him/her to do so.
- He/ she will be appointed as an in-charge of guard or escort at the time of deputation.
- Apart from that, if you are promoted to Head Constable, then you will be mainly employed to be in charge of police stations.
The job profile would also change depending on the force you are recruited. To know more details about the SSC GD Job Profile, click on the link below:
These were some of the most important details of the SSC GD Salary. We hope that this article would motivate you to prepare better for SSC GD 2019. To apply for SSC GD 2019 exam, click on the link below: