The SSC CPO exam is an exam conducted by the SSC to recruit confident young men and women for Delhi Police and various other CAPFs. The SSC CPO 2018 notification is released. In the following article, we would be discussing all the details about SSC CPO recruitment like Application form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Cutoff, Result.
SSC CPO Recruitment – List of Posts
According to the SSC CPO notification, the following posts would be recruited through the SSC CPO 2018
- SI in Delhi Police
- Sub-Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)
- SI in CISF (Central Industrial Security Force)
- SI in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBPF)
- SI in SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
SSC CPO Recruitment 2018 – The Number of Vacancies
According to the official notification released for SSC CPO 2018, the total number of CPO Vacancy 2018 is 1223. Let us now take a look at the post wise SSC CPO 2018 vacancy
SSC CPO SI Vacancy 2018 for Male
SSC CPO Recruitment: Vacancy for Sub-Inspector In Delhi Police (Female)
CPO Recruitment 2018 for Sub-Inspector (GD) In CAPFs
|Name of the Force||Category||UR||OBC||SC||ST||Total||Ex-Ser.|
|CISF||Male||Vacancies will be intimated later|
|Female||–||Vacancies will be intimated later|
SSC CPO Recruitment for ASI (Executive) In CISFs
|ASI/Exe||Male||Vacancies will be intimated later|
|Female||Vacancies will be intimated later|
For more information on the vacancies, click on the link below:
SSC CPO Recruitment – Exam Dates
You need to know the important dates when you are applying for SSC CPO recruiment. The following tables give the complete list of SSC CPO exam date for the important events. Please note that this is only the list of tentative dates, as available with Topprnotes.
|SSC CPO 2018 Notification Release Date||3rd March 2018|
|SSC CPO 2018 Application Form Starting Date||3rd March 2018|
|SSC CPO Application Form 2018 Last Date to Apply||13th April 2018|
|SSC CPO 2018 Tier-I Exam Date||Update Soon|
|PET/ PST & Medical Exam||Update Soon|
|SSC CPO 2018 Tier-II Exam Date||1st December 2018|
As you can see, a lot of dates like the SSC CPO physical date or the SSC CPO PET date or even the dates for the Tier I exam is not known yet. We would keep updating this page with as soon as we get any reliable news. We request you to bookmark this page. You can subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest update delivered right to your email.
To know more about the latest updates on dates as per the SSC CPO notification click on the link below:
SSC CPO Recruitment – Eligibility Details
You need to fulfill certain criteria to apply for the SSC CPO recruitment. Given below are some of the main criteria according to the SSC CPO 2018 notification
Nationality for SSC CPO
As per the norms set by SSC, you need to be any one of the following to be eligible:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee came over to India before 1st Jan 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person from Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC CPO Age Limit
Let us talk about the CPO Age Limit. Your age needs to be within the prescribed limit mentioned in the SSC CPO age limit. The following table gives the SSC CPO Exam Age Limit
|Category||Minimum age limit||Maximum age limit|
|General Candidates||20 Years||25 Years|
|OBC Candidates||20 Years||28 Years|
|SC/ST Candidates||20 Years||30 Years|
|General Candidates (Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 1st January 1980 – 31st December 1989)||20 Years||30 Years|
|OBC Candidates (Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 1st January 1980 – 31st December 1989)||20 Years||33 Years|
|SC/ST Candidates (Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 1st January 1980 – 31st December 1989)||20 Years||35 Years|
|For Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Posts:(i) General Candidates (Ex-Servicemen)||20 Years||28 Years|
|(ii) OBC Candidates (Ex-Servicemen)||20 Years||31 Years|
|(iii) SC/ST Candidates (Ex-Servicemen)||20 Years||33 Years|
|For Group ‘C’ Posts Only:(i) General Candidates (Widows/Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried)||20 Years||35 Years|
|(ii) OBC Candidates (Widows/Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried)||20 Years||38 Years|
|(iii) SC/ST Candidates (Widows/Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried)||20 Years||40 Years|
SSC CPO Physical Eligibility
Now, that we know the CPO age limit, let us know about the SSC CPO physical eligibility. Since you would be joining the armed police forces, you need to fulfill certain physical standards.
SSC PO Eligibility for PST test
|Category||Height||Chest (Normal in cms)||Chest (Expanded in cms)|
|Male (General)||170 cms (5’7”)||80 cms||85 cms|
|Male (Hill area)||165 cms (5’5”)||80 cms||85 cms|
|Male (ST)||162.5 cms (5’4”)||77 cms||82 cms|
|Female (General)||157 cms (5’2”)||–||–|
|Female (Hill Area)||155 cms (5’1”)||–||–|
|Female (ST)||154 cms (5’0”)||–||–|
Important Things to Note
- Hill Area includes Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.
- There are no “Chest Criteria” for female candidates.
Apart from these, there are other eligibility criteria for CPO recruitment 2018. Click on the link below to know more:
SSC CPO Recruitment – Applying Online
You need to fulfill the following process to apply for SSC CPO Online. This is the only way of applying for SSC CPO recruitment:
You need to fill up the SSC CPO Application Form online. No other way of filling the form is accepted. You can click on the link below to fill up the online application form
You just need to follow these simple steps to fill your CPO online form:
- Step 1: Click on the link given above.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Apply’ Link given on the official page.
- Step 3: You would get an SSC CPO 2018 application window. Click on the register button in the window.
- Step 4: In the CPO online application, candidates need to provide basic details like name, parents’ name, date of birth, email id, mobile number etc.
- Step 5: You should verify your details before submitting the form. Click on ‘submit’ button to submit your online registration form of SSC CPO 2018. You will be issued your Registration ID after you submit your SSC CPO Application form.
- Step 6: In the next step, candidates would have to upload photograph and signature following the requisites mentioned by SSC.
- Step 7: Login with registered ID and password to complete the Part-II of the application form of CPO.
- Step 8: After filling up the application form, candidates must preview the entire application form of SSC CPO 2018 once to look for any glitches in the form. You also need to pay the application fee online as well.
- Step 9: Click on Final Submit button after previewing the complete online SSC CPO application form.
SSC CPO Application Fee
The following table gives the details of the application fee that you need to pay for SSC CPO Registration.
|General Category (Male)||Rs. 100|
|Female, SC/ST/OBC, Physically Handicapped, Ex-service||Exempted|
You can pay your application fee via net-banking, credit/debit card or any other accepted mode of application.
To know more details about the application process for SSC CPO recruitment, click on the link below:
SSC CPO Recruitment – Exam Pattern
The SSC CPO Exam Pattern has the following stages:
- Tier 1
- Physical Test/Medical Test, also known as PET/PST test
- Tier 2
Your selection would be made on the total marks obtained in all the stages combined.
Let us take a look at the different stages in detail.
CPO Exam Pattern – Tier 1
The SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Tier 1 is an MCQ based question paper. This means that there would be questions that have a number of options, and you need to choose the right answer from the given options. You would get 1 mark for every right answer. On the other hand, 0.25 marks would be deducted from your score. The following table gives you the complete details about the SSC CPO exam pattern for Tier 1.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
CPO Exam Pattern – PET/PST Test and Medical Test
PST – Physical Standard Test
|Male (General Category)||170||80||85|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||165||80||85|
|Female (General Category)||157||–||–|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||155||–||–|
PET – Physical Endurance Test
In the PET, your physical strength and endurance would be tested. You need to undergo the following tests:
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 metres in 3 chances
- 100 metre race in 18 second
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres or 3 feet in 3 chances
SSC CPO Medical Test
Criteria for the Medical Test is given below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
CPO Exam Pattern – Tier 2
The last stage of the exam is SSC CPO Tier 2. It would be conducted after the Tier 1, PET/PST and Medical Test. The pattern is as follows:
- The total time duration of the exam is of 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
- The total number of questions asked will be around 200 and the maximum marks for Paper-2 will be 200
- The test will be of English Language and Comprehension and it would be conducted online.
To know more about the exam pattern, click below:
SSC CPO Recruitment – Syllabus
As seen from the tables above, the written exam has two stages – Tier 1 and Tier 2. Let us first take a look at the SSC CPO SI syllabus for Tier 1. If you are applying for other posts, then you have the same syllabus as well.
SSC CPO SI Syllabus for Tier 1
|General Reasoning||General Knowledge||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Verbal Reasoning||Current Affairs||Percentage||Reading Comprehension|
|Syllogism||Awards and Honours||Ratio and Percentage||Grammar|
|Circular Seating Arrangement||Books and Authors||Data Interpretation||Vocabulary|
|Linear Seating Arrangement||Sports||Mensuration and Geometry||Verbal Ability|
|Double Lineup||Entertainment||Quadratic Equation||Synonyms-Antonyms|
|Scheduling||Obituaries||Interest||Active and Passive Voice|
|Input Output||Important Dates||Problems of Ages||Para Jumbles|
|Blood Relations||Scientific Research||Profit and Loss||Fill in the Blanks|
|Directions and Distances||Number Series||Error Correction|
|Ordering and Ranking||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Data Sufficiency||Time and Work|
|Coding and Decoding||Number System|
|Code Inequalities||Data Sufficiency|
CPO SI Syllabus for Tier 2
After Tier 1 and the physical test, you would have to appear for Tier 2. Tier 2 would only have questions on English Comprehension and Grammar. There would be around 200 questions and the marks would 200. The syllabus would be as follows:
|English Language and Comprehension||· Error Recognition
· Fill in the Blanks
· Sentence Structure
· Sentence Completion
· Phrases and Idiomatic Use of Words
To get more details about the syllabus, click on the button below:
SSC CPO Recruitment – Job Responsibility
The following tables give the job responsibilities of the different posts recruited through SSC CPO Vacancy
|Border Security Force||1. Protects the border between India & Pakistan.
2. Promotes the sense of security among the citizens.
3. Prevents trans-border crimes and assists in the control of refugees
|Central Reserved Police Force||1. CRPF is responsible for controlling riots & Naxalites.|
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police||1. Protects the border between India & China (from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)
2. Promotes the sense of security among citizens by providing security at northern borders.
3. Prevents the violation of border.
4. Prevents trans-border smuggling, anti-national activities and illegal immigration.
|Seema Suraksha Bal||1. Protects Indo – Nepal and Indo – Bhutan borders.
2. Prevents cross-border crimes, smuggling and anti-national activities.
|Central Industrial Security Force||1. Provide security to various PSU’s and other important infrastructures.
2. Protects the Government infrastructure projects and industrial units.
To know more about the SSC CPO posts as detailed in SSC CPO notification 2018, click on the link below:
SSC CPO Recruitment -Downloading Your SSC CPO Result?
Let us take a look at the process for getting the Tier 1 Result as well as the SSC CPO Final Result 2018. You can download the CPO result by clicking on the link below:
Please note that the link is not active, as the result is not declared. We would update the link as soon as the official SSC CPO 2018 result is declared.
To download your SSC CPO Result 2018, click on the link below:
- Click on the link above
- Check the “Latest News” Section
- Click on the “SSC CPO Result 2018”
- Open the PDF and Find your Roll number and name
- Download the PDF and Save for future use
SSC CPO Recruitment – Knowing the cut off
For SSC CPO recruitment, you need to know the SSC CPO cutoff. The cut off marks tell you what you need to score to get selected. If you clear the cut off, then you would be selected. Let us take a look at the previous year cut off and the expected cutoff for 2018.
As said before the official SSC CPO Cut Off 2018 is still not known. However, we have the SSC CPO expected cut off 2018. The following tables give you the details:
Expected SSC CPO Cut Off 2018
Please note that this is the expected CPO cut off based on the past trends. We would upload the actual SSC CPO cutoff as soon as we get them. So. stay tuned on this page to get the latest updates.
SSC CPO 2017 Paper-I Cut Off:
The following tables give the details of the SSC CPO cutoff for 2017
For Male Candidates
|Number of Candidates||7383||3605||21284||3135||11457||46864|
For Female Candidates
|Number of Candidates||932||376||2411||1722||5441|
To know more about the SSC CPO cut off, click on the button below:
So, these were some of the details about the SSC CPO recruitment, if you have any questions feel free to leave an answer in the comment section below. Keep browsing Topprnotes and get more details about SSC CPO 2018.