The SSC CPO 2018 would be conducted in just a few months time. The CPO exam is conducted by the SSC to recruit the Sub-Inspectors for the Delhi Police as well as other posts in various CAPFs. If you are looking for a secure government job that also gives you the opportunity to serve the country, then this is the right job for people like you. So, what are the subjects that are there in the syllabus? What are the total marks? In the following post, we would be looking at things like that so that you get the answers that you might be looking for. So, let us take a look at the details of the SSC CPO exam pattern.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern – The Complete Details
The SSC CPO Exam Pattern has the following stages:
- Tier 1
- Physical Test/Medical Test, also known as PET/PST test
- Tier 2
Your selection would be made on the total marks obtained in all the stages combined.
Let us take a look at the different stages in detail.
CPO Exam Pattern – Tier 1
The SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Tier 1 is an MCQ based question paper. This means that there would be questions that have a number of options, and you need to choose the right answer from the given options. You would get 1 mark for every right answer. On the other hand, 0.25 marks would be deducted from your score. The following table gives you the complete details about the SSC CPO exam pattern for Tier 1.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 hours|
CPO Exam Pattern – PET/PST Test and Medical Test
PST – Physical Standard Test
|Male (General Category)||170||80||85|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||165||80||85|
|Female (General Category)||157||–||–|
|Belonging to Hilly regions & areas of J&K, North East & Sikkim||155||–||–|
PET – Physical Endurance Test
In the PET, your physical strength and endurance would be tested. You need to undergo the following tests:
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Km Race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 5 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Short put 16 LBS: 4.5 metres in 3 chances
- 100 metre race in 18 second
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres or 9 feet in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres or 3 feet in 3 chances
SSC CPO Medical Test
Criteria for the Medical Test is given below:
- Minimum Near Vision: N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye)
- Minimum Distant Vision: 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye)
- Must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes
- Eye standards should be without visual correction of any kind even by glasses.
CPO Exam Pattern – Tier 2
The last stage of the exam is SSC CPO Tier 2. It would be conducted after the Tier 1, PET/PST and Medical Test. The pattern is as follows:
- The total time duration of the exam is of 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours.
- The total number of questions asked will be around 200 and the maximum marks for Paper-2 will be 200
- The test will be of English Language and Comprehension and it would be conducted online.
SSC CPO Syllabus
As we have seen above, there are four subjects included in the SSC CPO syllabus
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude (Maths)
- General Awareness or G.K.
- English (included both in Tier 1 and Tier 2)
To know the details of the syllabus and the topics included under each subject, click on the link below:
These were some of the details that you should know about the SSC CPO Exam Pattern. We hope that you find this article to be useful. For complete details on SSC CPO 2018, click on the button below: