SSC CPO 2018 is going to be conducted in the latter half of 2018. Every year lakhs of young men and women aspire to clear the exam and join the Delhi Police, CISF, ITBP and other Central Armed Police Forces. But, are you eligible to apply for SSC CPO 2018? What is the SSC CPO Age Limit? What the physical standards for SSC CPO qualification? We are here to clear your doubts on SSC CPO eligibility. Here, we would talk about the SSC CPO qualification criteria so that you know what criteria that you need to fulfill in order to be eligible for SSC CPO 2018?
SSC CPO Eligibility – The Posts
Before we know the SSC CPO Eligibility, we should know about the posts that are recruited for by the SSC CPO exam. The following table gives the details of the SSC CPO posts.
|Post Code||Post Name|
|A||Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police|
|B||Sub Inspector in Border Security Force (BSF)|
|C||Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)|
|D||Sub-Inspector in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)|
|E||Sub-Inspector in Indo-Tibetan Border Police forces (ITBPF)|
|F||Sub-Inspector in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)|
|G||Assistant Sub-Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)|
To know more about the SSC CPO posts and vacancies, click on the link below:
SSC CPO Eligibility – Complete Details
Let us take a look at the different criteria for SSC CPO eligibility. There are many factors for SSC CPO qualification. Let us look at them one by one.
Nationality for SSC CPO
As per the norms set by SSC, you need to be any one of the following to be eligible:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee came over to India before 1st Jan 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person from Indian Origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC CPO Age Limit
Let us talk about the CPO Age Limit. Your age needs to be within the prescribed limit mentioned in the SSC CPO age limit. The following table gives the SSC CPO Exam Age Limit
|Category||Minimum age limit||Maximum age limit|
|General Candidates||20 Years||25 Years|
|OBC Candidates||20 Years||28 Years|
|SC/ST Candidates||20 Years||30 Years|
|General Candidates (Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 1st January 1980 – 31st December 1989)||20 Years||30 Years|
|OBC Candidates (Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 1st January 1980 – 31st December 1989)||20 Years||33 Years|
|SC/ST Candidates (Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 1st January 1980 – 31st December 1989)||20 Years||35 Years|
|For Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Posts:(i) General Candidates (Ex-Servicemen)||20 Years||28 Years|
|(ii) OBC Candidates (Ex-Servicemen)||20 Years||31 Years|
|(iii) SC/ST Candidates (Ex-Servicemen)||20 Years||33 Years|
|For Group ‘C’ Posts Only:(i) General Candidates (Widows/Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried)||20 Years||35 Years|
|(ii) OBC Candidates (Widows/Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried)||20 Years||38 Years|
|(iii) SC/ST Candidates (Widows/Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried)||20 Years||40 Years|
SSC CPO Physical Eligibility
Now, that we know the CPO age limit, let us know about the SSC CPO physical eligibility. Since you would be joining the armed police forces, you need to fulfill certain physical standards.
SSC PO Eligibility for PST test
|Category||Height||Chest (Normal in cms)||Chest (Expanded in cms)|
|Male (General)||170 cms (5’7”)||80 cms||85 cms|
|Male (Hill area)||165 cms (5’5”)||80 cms||85 cms|
|Male (ST)||162.5 cms (5’4”)||77 cms||82 cms|
|Female (General)||157 cms (5’2”)||–||–|
|Female (Hill Area)||155 cms (5’1”)||–||–|
|Female (ST)||154 cms (5’0”)||–||–|
Important Things to Note
- Hill Area includes Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.
- There are no “Chest Criteria” for female candidates.
SSC CPO Weight Chart (Male & Female)
|Height||Ideal Weight (Male)||Ideal Weight (Female)|
|4’6||28-35 kg||28-35 kg|
|4’7||30-39 kg||30-37 kg|
|4’8||33-40 kg||32-40 kg|
|4’9||35-44 kg||35-42 kg|
|4’10||38-46 kg||36-45 kg|
|4’11||40-50 kg||39-47 kg|
|5’0||43-53 kg||40-50 kg|
|5’1||45-55 kg||43-52 kg|
|5’2||48-59 kg||45-55 kg|
|5’3||50-61 kg||47-57 kg|
|5’4||53-65 kg||49-60 kg|
|5’5||55-68 kg||51-62 kg|
|5’6||58-70 kg||53-65 kg|
|5’7||60-74 kg||55-67 kg|
|5’8||63-76 kg||57-70 kg|
|5’9||65-80 kg||59-72 kg|
|5’10||67-83 kg||61-75 kg|
|5’11||70-85 kg||63-77 kg|
|6’0||72-89 kg||65-80 kg|
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria for Medical Test
A medical test would be conducted after the PET test by the authorities. You nned to fulfill the following medical standards:
- The candidates should have a minimum distant vision of 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction (without wearing glasses).
- They must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes.
- They should possess high colour vision.
- They must be in good mental and physical condition.
- They should be free from any physical defect.
SSC CPO Qualification – Educational Requirements
The following are the minimum educational requirements for SSC CPO 2018:
- Aspirants must have a Graduation Degree/ Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Degrees obtained by the candidates through Universities/ Distance Education should be recognized by Distance Education Council, IGNOU.
- Candidates will be eligible they are able to prove by documentary evidence that their result was declared on or before the cut-off date and they have passed the exam.
- For the post of Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, the Male candidates must carry their valid driving license for LMV (Motor Cycle and Car) on the day of Physical Endurance and Standard Tests.
- You should have passed your graduation before 1st August 2018.
SSC CPO Selection Procedure
If you fulfill the SSC CPO eligibility criteria, then you can apply for the exam. The entire SSC CPO selection process involves the following steps:
- Filling up the CPO online form.
- SSC CPO Tier 1
- PET/PST test and medical test
- SSC CPO Tier 2
If you want to know about the SSC CPO selection process, click on the link below:
So, these are some of the important things that you should know about the SSC CPO eligibility. We hope that you liked the article. To apply online for SSC CPO and know more about the process: