The Staff Selection Commision is going to conduct the Combined Higher Secondary Examination to recruit promising candidates for various posts in the Central Government of India. If you are looking for a secure government job that has decent pay and promising career growth, then this is the right option for you. The official notification for the SSC CHSL 2019 is not out yet. It would probably be declared in January 2019. In the following post, we would talk about all the details that you should know about the SSC CHSL Recruitment. We would talk about most of the details that you would find in the SSC CHSL 2019 notification. So, let’ start!
SSC CHSL Recruitment – Posts
The SSC CHSL is conducted for recruiting for the following posts:
- Lower Division Clerks (LDCs)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Court Clerk
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
We would look into the job profile of the different posts in SSC CHSL Recruitment a little bit later in this article. Next, we would look at the vacancies that would be filled through SSC CHSL recruitment 2019.
SSC CHSL Recruitment – Expected Vacancies
As said in the beginning, the official SSC CHSL notification for 2019 is not yet. So, we don’t know the exact details about the vacancies. In the following table, we are giving the expected vacancies for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019
|Post||Number of Vacancies (Tentative)||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|LDC||850-890||Pay Band – I (Rs 5,200-20,200)||Rs 1,900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||2200-2500||Pay Band – I (Rs 5,200-20,200)||2,400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||2-3||Pay Band – I (Rs 5,200-20,200)||2,400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO (Grade A)||Nil||Pay Band – I (Rs 5,200-20,200)||2,400 (pre-revised)|
As you can see the total SSC CHSL Vacancy 2019 would be around 3500-4000 posts. We would update the information as soon as the official SSC CHSL notification is declared. For more information click on the button below:
The SSC CHSL Selection Process – An Overview
The SSC CHSL Selection Process has five stages. They are:
- The Application Process
- SSC CHSL Tier I exam
- SSC CHSL Tier II exam
- The skill test, also known as the SSC CHSL Tier III exam.
- The Result
Please note that you the selection process differs for some posts. For example, if you are applying for the post of Court Clerk, you would not have to appear for the skill test.
SSC CHSL Notification 2019 – The Important Dates
Let us look at the important dates for SSC CHSL 2019. Again, we must point out that the SSC CHSL Notification is not out yet. So, the exact SSC CHSL exam date is not known. The below table only gives the tentative SSC CHSL Exam Date 2019.
|Release of SSC CHSL 2019 notification||January 19, 2019|
|SSC CHSL 2019 Application form to be released on||January 19, 2019|
|Last date to apply for SSC CHSL||February 18, 2019|
|SSC CHSL Admit card of Tier I||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL Tier I Exam||To be notified later|
|Declaration of SSC CHSL result of Tier I||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL Admit card of Tier II||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL Tier II Exam||To be notified later|
|The announcement of SSC CHSL Result of Tier II||To be notified later|
|The issue of SSC CHSL admit card for Tier II||To be notified later|
|SSC CHSL Tier III exam||To be notified later|
|Declaration of SSC CHSL 2019 Final Result||To be notified later|
As said before, the official SSC CHSL notification is not yet declared. Hence the dates for a lot of events are not known yet. We would update the information as soon as the official information is released for SSC CHSL Recruitment.
To know more SSC CHSL Exam Date, click on the button below:
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019 – The Eligibility Criteria
So, what makes you eligible to apply for SSC CHSL 2019? Let us take a quick look at the different factors for SSC CHSL Eligibility criteria. You need to fulfill all the criteria to be eligible to appear for SSC CHSL 2019.
- Candidates appearing for the SSC CHSL exam must be a citizen of India
- Candidates from Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibetan refugees are also eligible, subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria as mandated by Government of India.
SSC CHSL Age Limit
- Your age should be between 18 years and 27 years (as on 01.08.2019)
- Candidates belonging to the reserved categories would be allowed relaxation in the upper age limit, depending on the category that they belong to. The following table gives the details of SSC CHSL Age Relaxation:
|Code No.||Category||Permissible age relaxation|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|04||PwD + OBC||13 years|
|05||PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|09||Ex-Servicemen||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.|
- You should have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University. If you have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification, then you would have to produce documentary evidence from the Board/ University in support thereof as on 01.08.2018 will also be eligible.
- If you are applying for the post Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG), then you should have passed your 12th Standard in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or should have an equivalent degree.
For the complete details on SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria, click on the button below:
The Application Process for SSC CHSL 2019
For applying for SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019, you need to click on the following link:
As the official SSC CHSL Online Application Form is not available yet, the link is not active. Once the online form fill up starts, you would be able to click on the link above and complete the process of SSC CHSL Apply. Until then, you can click on the link and get the latest updates on the SSC CHSL Application 2019.
To deal with CHSL Apply, all you need to do is just follow these simple steps:
- Click on the link above
- New users would have to register themselves on the official website of SSC.
- Click on the link that says ‘apply for CHSL’
- The official SSC CHSL 2019 Application form would open.
- Enter your details carefully.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature
- Once you have re-checked all the information, click on ‘Submit’. Please note that you would not be able to make any changes after this.
- You would be redirected to the application fee page. You would need to pay online to complete your SSC CHSL online registration. You can pay through your credit card/debit card/net banking or by any other mode mentioned in the SSC CHSL official notification.
- Once the payment is accepted, you would get a confirmation along with your registration number which proves that your CHSL registration is successfully completed.
SSC CHSL Application Fee 2019
You would need to pay an application fee along with submitting your SSC CHSL Online Application Form. The application fee for CHSL 2019 is Rs. 100/– for male general category students.
- There is no fee for female candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
- Applications fee should be paid through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
- In case you want to make a cash payment, you should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of SSC CHSL Part 1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part 2 registration.
- The candidates who are paying online can go for part 2 registration immediately after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must enter the registration number and date of birth to continue to Part 2 registration.
How to Download SSC CHSL Admit Card?
If you are looking to apply for SSC CHSL Recruitment, you need to appear for the exam and for that you need your admit card/hall ticket. To download the SSC CHSL Admit Card, click on the link below:
Please note that the link is not active now. You would be able to download the SSC CHSL Admit Card once it is released officially. You would need to follow these steps to get your SSC CHSL Hall Ticket.
- Click on the link above
- Enter your registration number and date of birth
- If you are a new user then you have to register your account at the official website of SSC.
- Download the admit card and take a printout as you would need to carry it to the venue.
For more details on SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019, click on the link below:
SSC CHSL Result 2019
Let us take a look at how you can get your SSC CHSL Result. As you know there are two main stages of the exam – Tier I, Tier II, Tier III. Therefore, you need you check your result after each of the stages. You need to follow the same procedure for checking the result.
How to Check Your SSC CHSL Result
Let us first take the first take a look at how you can check your CHSL Result for 2019.
You need to follow the given steps to check your SSC CHSL Result online
- First, Open the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
- Now, click on the link that says “Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination Result Tier -1 2018″
- After that, enter your Registration Number, Roll Number, Date of Birth Password in a login page.
- Then Press on “login” button and the SSC CHSL Result will appear on your computer screen.
- Click on “Save” button and take a printout of SSC CHSL Result for future use.
To know more about the SSC CHSL Result 2019, you need to click on the link below:
The SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
When you are looking for SSC CHSL recruitment 2019, you need to know about the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern. Let us take a quick look at the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern.
The CHSL Pattern for Tier I
As said before, the CHSL Tier I examination is an MCQ type paper. This means that you have to choose the right answer from the list of available options. The complete details of the CHSL pattern for Tier I is given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
In Tier I, for every right answer, you would get 1 marks. However, for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks would be deducted from your score.
The CHSL Pattern for Tier II
In Tier II, you have to write an essay/paragraph and a letter/application. This would be a traditional pen and paper test where you would have to write the answers by yourself. The following table gives the details of Tier II SSC CHSL paper pattern.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Word Limit||Time Limit||Full Marks|
- You have to score at least 33 percent marks in this examination.
- There is no negative marking in this paper.
- You can write the paper in either English or any other officially recognized regional language.
- Duration of the exam in 80 minutes for candidates with disabilities like Cerebral Palsy.
SSC CHSL Pattern for Tier III
As we have said before, this exam is of a qualifying nature. At the same time, it is also of qualifying nature. This means that you only have to score the qualifying marks. The marks that you score here would not be calculated towards your final score.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Tier III for Data Entry Operator
|Test Type||Test Language||Speed||Test requirement||Test Duration
15 minutes (35 minutes for OH/VH/PH/CP candidates)
|Skill Test of Data Entry on Computer||English||8000 key depressions per hour
(27 words per minute or around 1600 words per hour)
|2000 – 2200 key depression from printed text to be entered on a computer|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Tier III for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs
|Test Type||Test Language||Speed||Test requirement||Test Duration|
|Typing test on Computer||English or Hindi||10500 key depressions per hour (35 words per minutes in English and 9000 KPH)
(30 words per minute for Hindi)
|The accuracy of words within given time with required speed||10 minutes (30minutes for OH/VH/PH/CP candidates)|
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
Let us take a quick look at the SSC CHSL Syllabus. This would help you to understand the topics that would come in the exam.
SSC CHSL Syllabus Tier 1
SSC CHSL Reasoning Syllabus
SSC CHSL Reasoning Syllabus contains the following topics:
- Logical Reasoning
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test
- Data Sufficiency etc.
SSC CHSL Maths Syllabus
Quantitative Aptitude is the same as mathematics. Since this paper only deals with the application of arithmetic and nothing else, this is called quantitative aptitude instead of just ‘maths’. The following topics are included in the SSC CHSL Maths Syllabus:
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance etc.
SSC CHSL English Syllabus
The SSC CHSL English syllabus would contain the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Para jumbles
SSC CHSL GK Syllabus
The General Awareness sections deal with the GK and Current Affairs. The following topics are there in the SSC CHSL GK syllabus:
- Economic Scene etc.
These are only some of the topics that are included in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 syllabus. To get the complete list of topics for each of subjects, click on the button below
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
There is no definite syllabus from where the topics would come. The topics for the essay and letter come from practically anywhere. However, you should know the following facts about the SSC CHSL Tier 2 syllabus
- You would usually be given options for both the Essay and Letter
- The most common topics for essay are – Social issues, Personal experience, Sports and Daily happenings
- There would be at least one official letter, one application, and one personal letter. You need to write on any one topic from the given options.
- The level would be of 10th Standard.
To know more about the SSC CHSL Syllabus, click on the link below:
SSC CHSL Salary 2019
Let us look at the salary SSC CHSL Salary for different posts. The salary differs a bit depending on the post and the location of your posting.
The following table gives you the details of the SSC CHSL Salary Details:
|Post||In-hand salary (in Rupees)|
|Lower Division Clerk||22,000-23,000|
|Data Entry Operator||31,000-33,000|
|Postal and Sorting Assistant||30,000-32,000|
This is the latest SSC CHSL salary after the 7th Pay Commision. Your salary would increase after subsequent Pay Commission and also after your promotions.
The SSC CHSL Job Profile
Let us take a look SSC CHSL Job Profile for each of the posts. This would motivate you to apply for SSC CHSL Recruitment.
Lower Division Clerks
a) Dealing with All the Clerical Work and Maintaining the Work Flow in Office.
b) Registration of Mails.
c) Entering Data on Computer.
d) Receiving Documents and Maintaining the Record of the same.
e) Getting the Important Files and Documents for their Seniors.
f) Preparation of Simple Drafts and Statements.
g) Making Salary Slips of the Staff.
h) Indexing and Recording.
i) Fetching up the Important data from the library of information and bring them for the seniors.
Rs. 22,000-Rs.23000, depending on the place of posting
Data Entry Operators (DEO)
a) Entering customer and account data from source documents within deadlines
b) Updating, researching, verifying, and retrieving data from various systems.
c) Ensuring the accuracy and confidentiality of information recorded.
d) Working with Software like MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
e) Preparation of Notes and Reports. The Data would be provided by the superiors.
f) Entering and Managing the Data.
g) Inputting the Data and Fetching out the Outputs.
h) Scanning and printing the important documents.
i) Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
Rs.31,000-Rs.33,000, depending on the place of posting
a) Maintaining the Court Records
b) Administering Oaths during Court Hearings.
c) Document the Receipt of Legal Documents.
d) Sealing up the Copies of the Courts’ Orders and Judgements.
e) Perform Accounting and Bookkeeping Duties.
f) Preparing Meeting Agendas.
g) Preparation of Draft Agendas or Bylaws for Town or City Councils.
h) Answer Official Correspondence.
i) Research and Document Information on judges.
Postal and Sorting Assistants
a)Disposal of Mails and Maintaining the Data.
b) Customer Support. Handling Customer queries and providing them a feasible solution.
c) Monitoring all the tasks that are related to your work.
d) Locating the correct address of the addressee, if not located, locating the address of the sender.
e) Returning the Mail to Sender in case of not being able to locate the address of the Receiver.
f) Intra-city transmission of mail between Mail Offices and Post Offices.
g) Transmission of Foreign articles through the Post office network.
Rs. 32,000 – Rs. 33,000
To know more about the salary and the pay scale of SSC CHSL posts, click on the link below
These were some of the most important information about the SSC CHSL Recruitment. Hopefully, this article was of help to you. For more information on SSC CHSL 2019, keep browsing Topprnotes.