The Karnataka Government offers the number of scholarships schemes for students studying in Karnataka state. Candidates willing to apply for the Scholarship Karnataka must be a domicile of Karnataka. The government of Karnataka has released the application form for Scholarship Karnataka for the Minority Candidates. The candidates those who get selected will be awarded 2 lakhs as the scholarship amount.
Candidates must check the scholarship dates on the official website for the Pre/Post Matric Karnataka Scholarship 2019. The Candidates satisfying the eligibility criteria will be given Scholarship.
Important Dates for the Scholarship Karnataka
The Reserved Category candidates SC, ST, and OBC can apply for the Scholarships available by filling the online application form before the deadline. Candidates are required to fill the application form for renewal in July 2019 and the freshers can apply for the scholarship by filling the form in August 2019.
Karnataka Pre Matric Scholarship 2019
The Government of Karnataka has announced the Karnataka Scholarship Scheme with the main objective of providing the higher education to the minority and deserving candidates, which will help them financially and mentally to continue or take up the higher studies.
The Karnataka Pre Matric Scholarship 2019 is for those candidates
- Having a minimum of 50% marks in the previous examination
- Should be studying in Class I – Class 10 at school in Karnataka State.
- who are studying and are a resident of Karnataka State.
- The family income of the student must not be more than 1Lac
Candidates studying in Karnataka state but not the residents of the same will not be eligible to apply for the pre-matric Scholarship Karnataka.
Karnataka Post Matric Scholarship 2019
The Post Metric Scholarship Karnataka is for the minority candidates. The scholarship scheme was started by the Karnataka Government to support the minority students and motivate them to take up higher studies. The eligibility requirements for the scholarship are:
- Student studying in 9/11 or students registered in Graduation/postgraduation are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students should have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks in the previous annual exam.
- The candidate must be a resident of Karnataka state
- Only a student belonging to a minority committee are eligible for this scholarship.
- The family income should not be more than 2 lacs.
Eligibility for the Scholarship Karnataka
Applicants who are pursuing in higher education in below stated institutes are eligible to avail Karnataka Minority Scholarship:
- Indian Institute of Technology
- National Law School
- Institute of National Importance
- Indian Institute of Science
- (IIM)Indian Institute of Management
- Indian Institutes of Science Educational and Research
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Institute of National Importance
- Institute under the State Legislature Act
Students must belong to the minority status such as Christian, Muslim, Jain, Buddhist, Sikh, and Parsi and must be a domicile of Karnataka. The annual Income of the student’s family must be less than 6 lakhs.
How to Apply for the Scholarship Karnataka?
Candidates can apply through online and offline mode. Students can fill the form online by submitting the online application form. Candidates filling the offline form must have to submit the form to the postal address. The candidates should fill the form and upload relevant documents.
- Income Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Marksheets of the Previous Examination
- Aadhar Card
- Passport Size Photograph
- Institute Verification Form
- Bank Account/ Proof of the Bank Account by Students Name
Candidates applying for the Shcolarship Karnataka must have these documents. According to which they will be further processed for the Scholarship.
It is advisable to fill the application form correctly as the incorrect information will result in rejection of the scholarship application.