SBI PO 2018 Vacancies and Job Profile – State Bank of India has released the official notification for the Post of Probationary officers. The examination for the Preliminary stage will be conducted in the month of July 2018. The candidates should there be acquainted with the Profile of the Probationary officers to be recruited by the SBI. The total number of SBI PO 2018 vacancies are 2000 which is less than the previous year SBI PO Vacancies. Candidates can check the SBI PO 2018 Salary for the various posts after clearing the SBI PO examination and interviews.
In the following article, we shall check the Job profile for probationary officers like Salary, Perks and other Growth opportunities. Check out the complete article for details of a job profile like none present in the banking sector of India.
SBI PO 2018 Salary and allowances
The Probationary officers in the State Bank of India get a hefty package as salary and then they are also entitled to other allowances. A probationary officer at SBI might earn a maximum salary of around 12 Lakh and a minimum of not less than 7 Lakh INR.
The following table shows the salary and other allowances of the Probationary officers at SBI:
|Basic Pay (Monthly Salary) during Probation period||Rs.27,620 with four advanced increments during the training period|
|Dearness Allowances (DA)||The DA is revised all through the quarters in a year based on the CPI (Consumer Price Index). The current CPI stands at 46.9% of the Basic Pay.|
|City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)||This depends on the place of the posting of the PO. This may range from 3% to 4% as per the location.|
|House Accommodation Allowance||The SBI PO is also entitled for a house allowance. If they refuse to take the house, they might receive a compensatory package of Rs.8000 per month in a rural area and Rs.29,500 in the urban area like Mumbai or Delhi.|
|Furniture Allowance||Rs.1,20,000 one-time payment to buy furniture for house|
|Medical Allowance||100% medical fee waiver for the PO and 75% waiver for the Family.|
|Travel Allowance (TA)||For official travels, the PO is entitled for AC II executive fair and is reimbursed the same.|
|Petrol Allowance||50 litres of Petrol for 2 wheeler or 55 litres of Petrol for 4 wheeler. If required conveyance, Rs.1200 – Rs.1500 for conveyance in rural areas and this might raise up to Rs.4000 in the metro cities.|
- Apart from these allowances, Rs.4000 is provided to them as office allowance where they can be given all other types of benefits.
- They also receive easy and relaxed home loans, Car loans and educational loans for their wards at easy rates.
About State Bank of India
- State Bank of India is one of the biggest banks of the country which also acts as a corporate financial hub of the country.
- It is a government owned banking system with its headquarter in Mumbai. Currently, Arundhati Bhattacharjee is the CEO and Chairman of SBI.
- The government of India has, on 1st April 2017, merged all the Associate Banks into the Parent SBI. The names of the banks being –
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur(SBBJ)
- State Bank of Hyderabad(SBH)
- State Bank of Mysore(SBM)
- State Bank of Patiala(SBP)
- State Bank of Travancore(SBT)
- State Bank of Saurashtra(SBS) and
- State Bank of Indore(SBI – Indore).
- With the merger, the SBI will feature in the exclusive league of 50 global banks with a balance sheet of the size of 33 trillion rupees, more than 2.78 Lakh employee base, 420 million customers and more than 24000 branches and 59000 ATMs operational by SBI.
- Its market share will also rise to 22 percent from the current valuation of 17 percent. It has 198 branches in 37 countries and 301 correspondents in 72 countries.
- SBI is also ranked 232nd in the Fortune Global 500 list of companies for the year 2016.
It is an honor serving at such a company which has so large user base and corporate value. Let us check out the complete procedure of becoming a Probationary officer from the time of Final recruitment.
SBI PO 2018 Vacancies
As per the notification by SBI PO 2018, there are a total of 2000 vacancies. Out of these, 90 are reserved for the person with disabilities. Below is the number of vacancies for all categories in SBI PO.
|SBI PO 2018 Vacancies||SBI PO 2018 Vacancies(PWD)|
SBI Probationary officers 2018 in making
- After being selected through the final phase of the selection process by SBI, the candidates are sent for a Probation period which ranges from 2 years or 26 months to be precise. At this place, they are imparted with all the training of becoming a probationary officer and act like one. The Training includes –
- Training in Practical knowledge of Banking assets and aspects
- Customer service and relations
- Supervision of the clerical jobs,
- Understanding of the mechanism of Loan Processing
- Basic understanding of crisis management
- Bureaucratic orders handling
- Retail Personal banking
- Rural Banking
- Agricultural Bank handling
- All these pieces of training are provided at the site, which means there is no specific institution which trains them to become a Probationary officer. They are trained at the SBI branches where they report directly after allotment. Sometimes they are also sent to the specialized institutions for specialized training.
- After the Probationary period, the officers need to undergo a screening procedure where they must qualify in order to be confirmed as an officer Middle Management in the Grade II of the Indian Service strata.
Growth prospects and opportunities in SBI PO 2018
The Probationary Officers at SBI has immense opportunities for career growth. They can reach a pinnacle of growth at a young age and have various career options as well.
Promotions in the SBI happen in the following manner:
- Probationary Officer (Assistant Manager, JMGS – I)
- Deputy Manager (MMGS)
- Manager (MMGS)
- Chief Manager (MMGS)
- Assistant General Manager (SMGS)
- Deputy General Manager (TEGS)
- Chief General Manager (TEGS)
- General Manager (TEGS)
All the aspirants should note that these career opportunities and payment are the best in the business. Their career growth is immense and has possibilities of reaching the top of the ladder. Hence this is an excellent job to take.
However, Prepare harder and strive for success. All the Best.
SBI PO 2018 Eligibility Criteria
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus
SBI PO 2018 Exam Pattern
SBI PO 2018 Important Dates
SBI PO 2018 Cutoff – Prelims and Mains
SBI PO 2018 Selection Procedure
SBI PO 2018 Notification