SBI PO is one of the most coveted banking exams in the country. Now, a lot of candidates think that they have to prepare for years to clear the exam. However, it is not that way. You should really focus on the quality rather than the quantity. If you study in the right way, then 3 months is more than enough. In the following post, we would talk about the strategy for SBI PO Preparation in 3 months. So, without much further ado, let’s begin
SBI PO Preparation in 3 Months – The Basics of Strategy
If we look at the SBI PO Exam Pattern, we can get an idea that you need to prepare the following subjects:
- English Language
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
We suggest that you take a look at the SBI PO Syllabus to get a better idea about what you need to study. To know about the syllabus, click on the link below:
SBI PO Preparation in 3 Months – Subject Wise Approach
- English language: This has been one of the most difficult subjects for all the aspirants in the recent banking examinations. You should start by clearing your basics in this subject, especially the grammar topics. After that, you should practice as much as possible. English language in SBI PO exam is mainly based on your ability to contextualize things rather than your grammatical prowess. You need to go through a standard grammar like Wren and Martin book first and finish it within the first month. In the remaining days, go for mock tests.
1. Read English newspapers and watch news and talk shows on a daily basis.
2. Focus on synonyms and antonyms, prepositions, conjunctions, tenses, etc.
3. Learn new words daily with their meaning & note down in a copy .
- Reasoning Ability: Reasoning is all about practice. This section offers good scope for score maximization . So, practice puzzles, sitting arrangement questions,as much as possible that are the major areas of attention. You can go for any standard reasoning aptitude books in the beginning. Once you have gone through all the relevant chapters, start giving mock tests. In this section, Questions check candidate’s ability . Try to finish the syllabus within two months so that the last month can be used for mock tests and intensive practice in a time bound manner.
1. Start off your preparation with the easier topics and then move on to the tougher ones.
2. Work on your speed and accuracy.
3. Revise regularly.
- Quantitative Aptitude, Data analysis, and Data Interpretation: Quant section has been troublesome for the past few years as there are a lot of changes. You need to be devoted to covering all the topics that are covered in banking examinations such as ratio and proportion, age, average, time and work, time and distance etc from any good and standard book. Clear your concepts within the first one and a half months so that in the remaining time, you can practice questions from each chapter as many as you can. The last month should be devoted to full-length mock tests so that your time management is perfect on the examination day. 1. Learn shortcut formulas to solve longer questions.
- 2. Practice Mathematics from class 9-12 very well, this will help you solve most questions.
- General Awareness / Banking Awareness / Economy: This is going to be the most scoring section in the examination if you prepare well and revise properly First thing is to go through the current affairs on a daily basis. Along with that, read a chapter of banking awareness till the end of the first month. In the last month, keep track of current affairs on a daily basis and apart from that, go for full-length mock tests so that you are exam ready.
- 1. Read related books and practice test papers
- 2. Keep an eye on regular banking news
- 3. Stay aware of foreign exchange rates
- Computer Knowledge: Well, this section is also becoming complicated with time. You need to go through a standard computer book till the end of March month and finish all the chapters with may be one chapter per day or per two days as per the time available to you.
SBI PO Preparation in 3 Months – The Month Wise Approach
The First Month
- Read the syllabus and understand the basics that you need to cover.
- 5 hours of study every day is enough.
- Devote one hour of study to each subject
- Ensure that you have covered the entire syllabus by this time.
- In the end, try to give mock tests to know what you have covered
- Focus on the prelims more than the mains.
The Second Month
- If you are getting good marks in the mock tests, take up revision of the mains
- If you are not, focus on solidifying on the preparation for prelims
- Give mock tests as much possible, especially for reasoning and quant
The Third Month
- Give mock tests as much as possible
- Ensure that you are scoring well above the SBI Cutoff to maximize your chances
So, this was the outline for SBI Preparation in 3 Months. You can make changes to the plan as per your needs. For mor such useful articles, keep browing Topprnotes.