Every year State Bank of India (SBI) invites young and talented graduates for the recruitment of Probationary Officers (PO). Annually, around 2000 vacancies are announced by SBI. The SBI PO Recruitment Notification ihas been released in the month of April, a bit of late than usual. The selection procedure for SBI PO 2019 has been divided into three stages namely – Preliminary, Mains and the Interview. Read the article to know the complete details about SBI PO.
Overview of the SBI PO 2019
|Name of the Exam||State Bank of India Probationary officer
Exam 2018 or SBI PO/MT 2018
|Name of the Conducting authority||State Bank of India|
|Level of the exam||Minimum Undergraduate (Completed)|
|Type||All India Type|
|Mode||Application – Online Examination – Online|
|Exam Pattern||Preliminary – Objective
Main – Objective and Descriptive
|Post Offered||Probationary Officers and Management Trainee|
|Rs.27,620 – Rs. 42,020|
|Number of Vacancies||Approximately 2000|
SBI PO 2018 Important Dates
The following table of important Dates has all the information about the SBI PO Exam from the date of release of Notification till the Result.
|Events||Dates of their concurrence|
|Commencement of the Application procedure||3rd Week of April 2019|
|Last date to fill the Application form and Pay the application fee online||May 2019|
|Availability of E-Admit card for Preliminary Examination||June 2019|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||July 2019|
|Declaration of Preliminary examination result||July 2019|
|Availability of E-admit card for the Main examination||July 2019|
|Date of Main examination||1st week of August 2019|
|Declaration of Main Examination result||3rd week of August 2019|
|Availability of Call Letter for Personal Interview||September 2019|
|Final Result Declaration and Provisional allotment||November 2019|
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Read to know the Eligibility Criteria as per the educational qualification, age relaxation and others to apply for SBI PO Recruitment.
Educational Qualification for SBI PO
- The candidates must have passed a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university by UGC and AICTE.
- The candidates who are in the final year of their Graduation are NOT eligible to apply under any circumstances.
- They must also have, in their possession, all the relevant documents which prove their domicile and other eligibility criterions at the time of Interview.
The candidates must be aged between 21 years to 30 years of Age. However, the Government of India has given relaxation to the candidates belonging to the reserved category. The candidates should refer to the official brochure to check the relaxed age.
The Bank has also limited the number of attempts for the examination as according to the category. The following table shows the number of attempts provided for various categories:
|Category||Number of Attempts|
|SC/SC (PwD) – ST/ST (PwD)||Unlimited attempts|
SBI PO 2019 Application Fee
|2.||General and other Category||Rs. 600|
SBI PO 2019 Salary, Vacancies and Job Profile
In 2017, State Bank of India has released around 2000 vacancies for the Post of Probationary officers. Given the fact that in 2017, SBI has acquired all the Associate Banks, the number of vacancies for the year 2019 might be increased to even 3000. The Seven associate banks acquired by SBI are:
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ)
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
- State Bank of Mysore (SBM)
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP)
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT) State Bank of Saurashtra (SBS) and State Bank of Indore (SBI – Indore).
SBI PO Salary 2019
The following table shows the salary and other allowances of the Probationary officers at SBI:
|Basic Pay (Monthly Salary) during Probation period||Rs.27,620 with four advanced increments during the training period|
|Dearness Allowances (DA)||The DA is revised all through the quarters in a year based on the CPI (Consumer Price Index). The current CPI stands at 46.9% of the Basic Pay.|
|City Compensatory Allowance (CCA)||This depends on the place of the posting of the PO. This may range from 3% to 4% as per the location.|
|House Accommodation Allowance||The SBI PO is also entitled for a house allowance. If they refuse to take the house, they might receive a compensatory package of Rs.8000 per month in a rural area and Rs.29,500 in the urban area like Mumbai or Delhi.|
|Furniture Allowance||Rs.1,20,000 one-time payment to buy furniture for house|
|Medical Allowance||100% medical fee waiver for the PO and 75% waiver for the Family.|
|Travel Allowance (TA)||For official travels, the PO is entitled for AC II executive fair and is reimbursed the same.|
|Petrol Allowance||50 litres of Petrol for 2 wheeler or 55 litres of Petrol for 4 wheeler. If required conveyance, Rs.1200 – Rs.1500 for conveyance in rural areas and this might raise up to Rs.4000 in the metro cities.|
SBI PO 2019 Selection Procedure
The SBI PO selection procedure has four stages namely
- Preliminary Examination,
- Mains Examination,
- Group Discussion and
The candidates can check the following to understand the selection procedure followed by the SBI –
|Stage||Exam||Type of Exam||Mode of Exam||Marks/Remarks|
|1.||Preliminary Examination||Objective||Online||100 Marks|
|2.||Main Examination||Objective and Descriptive||Online||200 Marks for
Objective and 50 Marks for
|3.||Personal Interview||Group discussion and personal Interview||50 Marks|
SBI PO 2019 Application form
State Bank of India (SBI) released Notification on its official website. Candidates have to visit the official website to fill the application form. Aspirants can also visit the below link for Registration and apply for SBI PO 2019.
SBI PO 2019 – How to Apply
Visit the official Website of SBI PO
- First, click on the Home Page to open the link.
- Then, Click on the option CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR SBI PO to open the OnLine SBI Application Form.
- Now, Candidates need to click on CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION to register on the SBI PO Application Form.
- Candidates will get an Email or SMS regarding the temporary registration number and password.
- Candidate needs to re-open the application by login with your temporary id and password.
- Now, fill the application form carefully.
- Read all eligibility criteria, norms and policies carefully.
- Finally, candidates need to upload the photograph and signature wherever needed.
- Pay the application fees.
SBI PO 2019 Exam Centre
The SBI conducts one of the biggest examinations of the country and hence has a large base of examination centres across all parts of the country. While the Preliminary examination was conducted in 212 cities across the country, the Mains examination was conducted in 66 cities of the country. The examination will be conducted in all the states and the candidates need not move out of their own state to appear for the examination.
The candidates will be asked to choose at least 3 exam centres in the application form and they should put utmost care in selecting their examination centres.
SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern – Preliminary and Mains
The exam pattern to be followed by the SBI in Preliminary, Main and Descriptive tests is as follows:
|SL.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Composite Time
of 1 hour
In the year 2017, the SBI brought certain changes in the Main examination, the changes being –
SBI has started a new test in the Main examination which goes by the name of the descriptive Test.
- The descriptive test would be conducted on the same date as of the Main examination.
- It will comprise of 2-3 questions of 50 marks.
- The candidates will get 30 minutes to solve all the questions of the Descriptive test.
- The marks obtained will be added in the final mark sheet for the calculation of the Merit of the candidates.
- The syllabus for the Descriptive Test is as follows: Essay Writing, Letter Writing, Paragraph Writing, Precise Writing, Reading Comprehension
SBI PO 2019 Syllabus
State Bank of India has a set of syllabus which is quite different than other banking examination and hence it is important for the candidates to check out the syllabus of the examination. The syllabus of an Exam gives the guideline to frame the strategy to start the preparation.
SBI PO 2019 Preliminary Admit Card
Candidates have to provide their registration number and roll number to download their admit card. It is to be noted that candidates have to download their Admit Card from the official website of IBPS. The Admit Card will not be sent through Post.
The admit card will have candidate’s name, their roll number/registration number, category, photograph, signature, name and address of the allotted exam centre, etc. Once the Admit Card will be released, we will update it here. Generally, the admit card for the Preliminary examination might get released by the second week of the April 2019.
SBI PO 2019 Preliminary Exam Details
Candidates should keep the following details in mind about the SBI PO 2019 Preliminary examination –
- The examination will be conducted in online format for all shifts in all dates of examination.
- The candidates will be given application number and Password to enter into the system provided to them at the examination centre. ‘
- They must also carry the admit card issued to them by the SBI to the examination centre failing which they will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
- They should take a photocopy of the identity card and a copy of admit card to the exam centre. Barring these two items, they should NOT carry anything else to the examination centre.
SBI PO 2019 Preliminary Result
After the completion of SBI PO Preliminary exam, SBI PO Prelims Result will be updated by the end of May month. The successful candidates will be allowed to appear for Mains Examination. The result of SBI PO 2017 mains exam will be declared in Month of June. The SBI PO result will be declared only for those candidates who will score sectional as well as overall cut off score as per their category.
SBI PO Cut off 2019
The cut off score is the minimum marks which must be secured by candidates to become eligible for next round of selection process. SBI PO cut off 2019 is to select certain number of candidates for the subsequent round of recruitment process. There will be separate SBI PO 2019 cut off for preliminary, mains and interview. At each stage of examination candidates have to secure sectional as well as overall SBI PO cut off 2019. The SBI PO cut off score for preliminary exam will be calculated out of 100 marks. Candidates have to secure overall as well as sectional qualifying marks to become eligible for mains exam. The expected cutoff of SBI PO 2017 is as follow:
Expected Overall SBI PO Cut off 2019
The SBI PO cut off score for mains exam will be calculated out of 200 marks. Candidates have to secure overall as well as sectional qualifying marks to become eligible for mains exam. The SBI PO cut off score of previous year is given below.
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||60||6||9|
|General Awareness/ Marketing/ Computer
|Total Cut Off||200||60||70|
Feel free to ask questions related to SBI Probation officer exam in the comments section.