SBI PO 2021 is conducted by the State Bank of India to recruit the Probationary Officers for its branches across the country. If you are looking for a promising career at the only Fortune 500 bank in India, then this is the right opportunity for you. Now, needless to say, the exam is quite tough. If you want to crack it, then you need to know about the exam and the things that are asked in the exam. This is the reason why it is important for you to know the SBI PO Syllabus. In this article, we are going to talk about the SBI PO Mains Syllabus.
SBI PO Mains Syllabus – Knowing the Exam Pattern
Before we look into the SBI PO Main Exam Syllabus, we should first look at the SBI PO exam pattern. As you might now, the SBI PO Exam is a three-tiered process. You start off with the Prelims. Then when you pass the prelims, you sit for the mains. After passing the mains, you have to sit for the Interview. To know more about the selection process, click on the link below:
SBI PO 2019 main examination can be divided into two parts – Objective and Descriptive parts. These are some of the most important information about the Mains exam
- The Main examination will be conducted for 250 marks which will be 3 hours. The exam will both be in Objective and subjective in nature.
- The exam will consist of four sections namely – English Language, Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, General Economics and Banking Awareness.
- The examination will be conducted online.
- All the sections will have sectional cut off beside an overall cut off.
- There will also be negative marking which is 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- The descriptive paper will be that of the English Comprehension and Language. The candidates will get 45 minutes to solve all the questions in the English Language.
The following table gives the details of the SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
|S. No.||Section||Maximum Marks allotted||Number of Questions||Duration for Each Section|
|1.||Reasoning and Computer skills||60 Marks||45 Questions||60 Marks|
|2.||Data Analysis and Data Interpretation||60 Marks||35 Questions||45 Minutes|
|3.||General Awareness/Banking Awareness/ Economy||40 Marks||40 Questions||35 Minutes|
|4.||English Language Test||40 Marks||35 Questions||40 Minutes|
|Total||200 Marks||155 Questions||180 Hours|
Descriptive Test for SBI PO 2021
SBI has started a new test in the Main examination which goes by the name of the descriptive Test.
- The descriptive test would be conducted on the same date as of the Main examination.
- It will comprise of 2-3 questions of 50 marks.
- The candidates will get 30 minutes to solve all the questions of the Descriptive test.
- The marks obtained will be added to the final mark sheet for the calculation of the Merit of the candidates.
For more information on the SBI PO exam pattern, click on the button below:
SBI PO Mains Syllabus
Let s now take a look at the SBI PO Mains Syllabus. As seen from the table above SBI PO Main exam consists of 5 sections:
- Reasoning Ability
- Data Analysis
- General Awareness
- Computer Awareness
Here are the topics that are included in each of the subjects of the syllabus
|Data Analysis||Reasoning||English Language||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||Computer Awareness|
|Tabular Graph||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Line Graph||Syllogism||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Pie Chart||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Radar Graph Caselet||Double Lineup||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Missing Case DI||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement||Sports, History, Geography||Computer Hardware|
|Let it Case DI||Input Output||Para Jumbles||Culture, Indian Institution||Computer Software|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Cloze Test||Operating System|
|Probability||Directions and Distances||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Permutation and Combination||Ordering and Ranking||Fill in the blanks||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Course of Action|
|Analytical and Decision Making|
Let us look at the SBI PO Main Exam Syllabus for the descriptive paper.
Syllabus for SBI PO 2021 Descriptive Exam
- Essay Writing
- Letter Writing
- Paragraph Writing
- Precise Writing
- Reading Comprehension
So, these were the details of the SBI PO mains syllabus 2021. Hope this article was of help to you. For more information on SBI PO syllabus 2021, click on the button below: