Like every year, the State Bank of India is going to recruit candidates for clerical posts through the SBI clerk exam 2020. If you are looking for a rewarding career in the banking sector, then you must apply for SBI clerk exam. If you are looking to apply for SBI Clerk Exam SBI Clerk 2020, then you must know about the SBI clerk recruitment process. You need to know what are the steps that you need to go through to get selected for the SBI clerk exam 2020. In this article, we are going to talk about the SBI clerk selection process and the various things that you need to know about it. So, without much further ado, let us take a look at the SBI Clerk Exam Process
The exam is conducted in two stages i.e. the preliminary exam and the mains exam. Further, if the applicants have submitted the desired document then he/she can appear for the test of local language. Else there will be a language test anyways to get final appointed.
SBI Clerk Selection Process 2020
Before we talk about the SBI clerk recruitment process 2020, let us first know about the eligibility criteria. We advise the applicants, to go and check the eligibility criteria for the for the SBI Clerk Exam. We have an updated SBI Clerk eligibility criteria article, the applicants can refer to that article on the link below.
Now, that we know the SBI clerk eligibility, let us know the SBI clerk exam process. The entire process involves the following steps
- Submission of Application Forms: The online application form is released by the SBI along with notifications for other important dates. The form is to be filled online and the application fee is to be paid electronically via debit/credit cards or net banking.
- Receiving the Admit Card: Once you have successfully filled in the online form, you would have to wait for the SBI clerk prelims admit card. To appear in the Prelims exam of SBI Clerk, you need to download the admit card. You can refer to this link here.
- The preliminary exam: It is an online examination and is predicted to be conducted somewhere around March. The preliminary exam consists of 30 questions of English language, 35 questions of each Numerical ability and Reasoning. One hour is given to complete these questions, and as per the new norms, there is a specific time allocated for each section. There are few more changes in the exam pattern. You can refer to these changes in the related article mentioned below.
- The Mains Exam: Once you pass the SBI Clerk Prelims, you would have to appear for the SBI clerk mains. This is the second stage of the exam phase. In this exam, there are total 190 questions that need to be attempted in a total time of 3 hour 40 mins. After this, the only thing to wait for is the SBI clerk result 2020.
- The next stage of the SBI clerk selection process is the language proficiency test. The candidates appeared and selected in the mains exam are required to appear for the final selection process of SBI. That is local language test, these are for those applicants who have proficiency in some different language. This is for those applicants who want to join in their own state. Else there is the process of document verification and seat allotment.
The advantage is giving the local language exam is this that, you get a chance to get selected for your state only. For example, if there is a Gujarati applicant who wants to get selected for an SBI Bank in Gujarat. So if he/she qualifies for the Gujarati Language test, there are very high chances that he/she might get selected for SBI Bank in Gujrat only.
So, these were some of the vital pieces of information that you need to know about the SBI clerk selection process. To know more about the SBI clerk recruitment process and the exam as a whole, please feel free to check out the following links.