When you think about a job, one of the first thing that you think about is the salary. After all, everyone wants to live a decent lifestyle and for that, you need to have a good salary. A lot of candidates apply for SBI clerk exam, but very few of them know anything about the SBI clerk pay scale or even the salary that they would be getting. Here, we are going to tell you all the details that you need to know about the SBI clerk salary. So, let’s take a look, shall we?
What is the in-hand SBI Clerk Salary?
Let’s start with the biggest question directly! As you might know, you would not be getting your entire salary in your hand every month. Nobody does! A part of it would be used would be used to pay towards ESI, insurance and other such benefits that you would be getting. All that would be deducted from your salary and you would be getting the remainder, This would be your in-hand or take home salary, which you would be taking home every month.
The in-hand SBI Clerk Salary would differ based on the location of your job posting. For example, the salary would be a bit higher if you are posted in a metro and would be a little lower if you are being posted in a non-metro city. The total emoluments in a metro city would be around Rs. 23600 per month. It would be slightly lower if you are posted in a non-metro city. Of course, this is just the starting in SBI Clerk.
What are the Components of the SBI Clerk Salary?
The SBI Clerk Pay Scale is made up of several components just like any other government job. Let us take a quick look at the components of the SBI Clerk Salary.
- Basic Salary: The basic salary at the start of the career SBI clerk is the first number of pay band along with the grade pay. In the current scenario, it is around Rs. 11765. You would get an increment every year.
- Dearness Allowance: The Dearness Allowance or DA would be equal to the basic salary. The SBI rate of DA is the same as other Central Government Jobs. The DA also increases from time to time based on the Consumer Price Index.
- House Rent Allowance: The House Rent Allowance or HRA is the allowance given to you to get a place for rent at the location of your posting. It changes based on the location of your posting. For example, if you are posted in a metro city, then you would get more HRA compared to the SBI clerks who are posted in a non-metro city.
So, these were the basic components of the SBI clerk Salary. There are some other benefits apart from the SBI Clerk Pay. Let us take a look at them.
Other Benefits of SBI Clerk Job
Apart from having a great SBI Clerk Pay Scale, you would also be entitled to certain other benefits as well. Some of them are:
- Leave Fare Subsidy: Once every four years, you can go on a vacation along with your family, the cost of which would be borne by SBI.
- Subsidised loan rates: If you take a loan from the SBI, then you would have to pay less interest compared to the general public. The SBI would lend you money for almost anything, from buying a house to funding for your child’s education
- Medical facility – The SBI would cover 100% of your medical expenses and 75% of the medical bills of your family members.
So, hope we were able to give you some useful information on SBI clerk salary. If you are looking for a good package along with good facilities, then this is definitely a career you should aspire for.