The State Bank of India would be conducting the SBI Clerk 2020 exam to recruit for a large number clerical posts across the country. As you might now, the SBI clerk 2020 would be a two-stage process. The first stage is SBI clerk preliminary examination or SBI clerk prelims. Now, if you want to get selected in SBI clerk exam, you need to pass the prelims and then move on the mains stage. So, the prelims are the first important stage. So, what do you need to study when you are preparing for SBI clerk prelims. In this article, we would be taking a detailed look at the SBI Clerk prelims syllabus, so that you know what you should study to clear SBI clerk prelims exam,
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus – Knowing the Exam Pattern
Before, we know what is in the SBI clerk pre exam syllabus, let us first know a little bit about the SBI clerk prelims exam pattern. The following table gives you the details
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
To get more details about the SBI clerk prelims exam pattern, click on the button below:
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus – The Subjects
As seen from the table above, there are three subjects in the SBI clerk prelims syllabus
- ENGLISH – Which would test your knowledge of English grammar and your ability to understand the language
- REASONING – Tests your ability to use simple logic to solve questions
- NUMERICAL ABILITY – Contains plain mathematical questions
SBI Clerk English Syllabus
Let us first look at the SBI Clerk English Syllabus. Over the past few years, the questions in SBI clerk exam has been asked from the following topics
- English Comprehension – Where you would be given a passage and would be asked to answer questions from the passage
- Fill in the Blanks – You would be asked to fill in the blanks within a sentence with the right words, prepositions, nouns, verbs, etc.
- Para Jumbles – You would be given a number of sentences and you would have to rearrange them to form a meaningful paragraph
- Error Spotting – These type of questions would ask you to find the errors in a sentence
- Cloze Test – You would have to fill in the blanks within a paragraph
- Phrase Substitution – You would have to substitute a phrase with a new one with the same meaning.
SBI Clerk Reasoning Syllabus
Now, let us take a look at the SBI clerk reasoning syllabus and see what kind of topics are covered there
- Arrangement and Pattern – You would have to identify a pattern from the list of given objects, images, letters, and alphabets.
- Classification and Analogy – You would need to choose the odd one out.
- Mathematical inequalities – The inequalities between numbers and variables are coded with symbols. You would need to decode it and give the actual relation expressed by the code.
- Direction and Distances – The path of a traveling person or object would be given, you would have to find the direction of the travel from the original position and the total distance traveled.
- Coding and decoding – You would be given a set of elements which would be coded according to a particular rule. You would have to decode the code.
- Blood Relations – This type of questions would give you a list of family members and their individual relations would be given. You would have to deduce the relation between two people for whom no relation is given.
- Ordering and Ranking – You would have to arrange the given elements according to a given order.
- Seating arrangement – Both linear and circular. You would be given clues for the seating position of a particular person at a table. You would have to find out the positions of all the people sitting together.
- Double Line Up – You would be given a list of people or objects and you would be given two characteristics of the people. You would have to deduce all the characteristics of all the persons
- Scheduling – There would be a schedule given for a particular event. There would be gaps in the schedule and you would have to fill in the gaps using logic.
- Syllogisms – You would be given a set of statements and you would have to choose the right conclusion from the options that naturally follow the statements
- Machine Input-Output – You would be given the working of a machine and you would have to deduce the input based on the output and vice-versa.
- Data Sufficiency – You would be given a set of information and a list of conclusions as options. You would have to choose the conclusion that could be made based only on the information provided.
- Grouping and Selection – You would have to group the elements based on a common relation or select a particular element from the group
SBI Clerk Numerical Ability Syllabus
The last subject is Numerical Ability, which is almost like another name for mathematics. So, let us look at the topics in the SBI clerk numerical ability syllabus
- Number Series
- Data Interpretation – Which would involve solving of charts, bar and line graphs, etc.
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Speed, distance and time
- Time and Work
- Permutation and Combination
- Mixture Problems
- Number System
To know more about the type of questions on these topics, please check out the previous year question papers. You can do that by clicking on the link below:
So, this was all the information that you need about the SBI clerk prelims syllabus 2020. For more such useful articles, feel free to check out the links below