Rhodes Scholarship India is awarded to Indian students who wish to go for postgraduate studies in different fields like Humanities, Law, Science, Agriculture, Engineering or Medicine. The tenure for the scholarship is two years but it can be extended.
Every Year, there is five scholarship available for Indians. The first scholars at Rhodes took up the residence in the Oxford since 1947., more than hundred Indians have been awarded for the Scholarship. The Rhodes Scholarship India is mainly administered by the Rhodes Trust, Oxford. The Rhodes Scholarship is available for 64 countries in the world.
Important Dates for Rhodes Scholarship India
- Applying for Rhodes Scholarship 1-06-2019
- Last Submission for Rhodes Scholarship India 31-07-2019
Rhodes Scholarship India Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be a Citizen of India, having an Indian Passport. The proof of citizenship is a must. PIO or OCI card holders are not eligible for the Rhodes Scholarship.
- The formal study from any Institution in India for the minimum of 4 years out of 10 years.
- Candidates passed or appearing in the final year of Graduation.
- The Candidates should 19 Years old or must have celebrated 25 birthday on 1 October 2019, candidates must have been born on 30 September 1993, before or on 1 October 1999.
- Candidates must have the first class marks in the previous degree or study programme.
How to Apply?
Candidates must visit the official website for filling the application form of the Rhodes Scholarship. The candidates should read all the terms and conditions carefully. The application form for the Rhodes Scholarship will be available in the month of July-October, candidates can check the official website for the application form date. Candidates must fill the online application form from the official website. The first step in the application is to select the region of application. The Deadline for the application form varies from country to country.
- Go to the Official Website
- At the Homepage, go to the scholarship section
- Click on apply
- Read all the information carefully
- After reading click on confirm apply
- Fill the complete details
- Upload the documents asked by scanning them( Age proof, academic qualification & marks proof, passport, and medical statement)
- Take a print for the future reference
It is mandatory for the candidate to write an essay about their interest, course study, achievements, and future plans. It would be mandatory to have some referrals for the application.
Selection Criteria for the Rhodes Scholarship
- The classification of the Rhodes Scholarship India for the aspirants will be totally based on their Qualities of intellect, character, and leadership.
- The interviews will be organized in different regions for scholarship selection.
- There will be two rounds of interviews prelims or the video conferencing round and the final in-person interview rounds.
Candidates applying for the Rhodes Scholarship must check the latest notification from the official website of the Rhodes Scholarship.
Rhodes Scholarship Contact Details
The Rhodes Scholarship India
International Center for Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology, PO Box 10504, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi 110067, India
Phone: 91 1126742316