When you are applying for a job, one of the first things that you look at is the salary. Same goes for people applying for RBI Grade B 2019. In this article, we would be talking about the RBI Grade B Salary as well as the job profile and other details. All this information would probably motivate you to prepare for RBI grade B 2018 in a better way.
RBI Grade B Perks and Salary
Well, the first thing that you should know about when it comes to the RBI Grade B 2019 Salary is the take-home salary. Right, after joining your in-hand RBI Grade B Salary would be Rs. 35, 150. This is the RBI Grade B Salary after 7th Commission. The Gross monthly RBI Grade B Officer Salary 2019 would be around Rs 75,000. You would get an increment of Rs. 1750 after every year which would added to your RBI Grade-B Salary.
Let us now take a look at the RBI Grade B Pay Scale
RBI Grade B Pay Scale Details
Now let us take a look at the RBI Grade B Officer Pay Scale. The following table gives the details of the RBI Grade B Pay Scale as per the recommendations after 7th Pay Commission
|(i)||Basic Pay||35,150/- p.m.|
|(iii)||Grade Pay||No Grade Pay|
|(iv)||HRA & Other Allowances||As per Company Rules|
Here’s how the pay slip of a fresh RBI Grade B Recruit (who has only worked for a few years in RBI) looks like.
The Pay Scale would differ based on the location of your posting. For example, you would get more HRA and Local Allowance if you are posted in a city like Mumbai or Delhi compared to other non-metro cities
RBI Grade B Salary and Perks
Let us now talk about the ‘Perks’ part of the RBI Grade B allowances, salary and Perks. As a Grade B Officer, you are entitled to the following perks
- You get a 2BHK/3 BHK flat in heart of the city as an official accommodation. Quarters are always available as there are no long waiting lists as in other government services.
- If you have a car on your name, you will get 150 litres worth petrol allowance on mere declaration
- You would also get the following monthly allowances:
- Maid allowance: Rs. 3000
- Mobile allowance: Rs. 1500
- Sodexo Gift Card: Rs. 2000
- You would get the following annual allowances:
- Medical Allowances (For buying medicines, checkups etc.): Rs. 4500
- Book Grant: Rs. 4000
- Biannual allowances (Once every two years):
- Briefcase allowance: Rs.7000
- Spectacles allowances (for either you or your spouse): Rs. 7000
- Educational Expenses (for your child): Rs.3000 per month.
LTC/LFC tour allowance – Rs. 1,00,000 per two years per person of the family (dependent members). Foreign tours are allowed
RBI Grade B Job Profile
Let us now take a look at the kind and the responsibilities that you need to fulfill when you are working as a RBI Grade B officer.
- There are many departments within the RBI where you can be posted. The nature of work of an RBI Grade B officer will depend on the department that you are posted in. Most of the times it would be a desk job, but you would have to communicate with state governments, central government departments, and various RBI Regional Offices.
RBI Grade B Salary – Promotions and Career growth
Your RBI Grade B Salary would depend on the post that you hold. As you gain seniority, you would be promoted to higher ranks. The first designation that you would hold after clearing the RBI Grade B exam would be that of an Assistant Manager in RBI. The hierarchy of the posts are given below:
- Assistant Manager
- Assistant General Manager
- Deputy General Manager
- General Manager
- Chief General Manager
- Principal Chief General Manager
- Executive Director
- Deputy Governor
Almost everyone who get recruited through the RBI Grade B exam would rise to the post of Chief General Manager. Some of the most exceptional candidates would rise up to the position of Deputy Governor. If you are exceptionally brilliant like Mr. Urijit Patel, you can become the Governor of RBI as well.But, no one has become the governor after being recruited as a Grade B officer.
These are some of the details about the RBI Grade B 2019 Salary and Perks. We have also talked about the details of the job profile and promotions. Hope, this article was of help to you. For more information on the RBI Grade B Officer Exam, click on the link below: