RBI Grade B Exam 2019 would be conducted in the early half of 2019 to recruit candidates as assistant managers and other similar posts in the grade B rank. The RBI Grade B notification is not officially declared yet. However, at Topprnotes, we have most of the details that you would find in RBI Grade B Notification. In the following post, we would be taking a look at all the details that you should know to apply for RBI Grade B Recruitment 2019.
RBI Grade B Tentative Dates
Let us first take a look at the RBI Grade B Recruitment dates 2019. As we have said before, the official notification is still not declared yet. Hence, the dates are still not known. However, the tentative dates for RBI Grade B officer recruitment are given below:
|Announcement of Official notification||May 2019|
|RBI Officer Grade B registration form Available||May 2019|
|Application form Last date of submission||May 2019|
|Deadline for the Application fee||May 2019|
|Release of admit card for phase -1||May 2019|
|Phase I exam Date||June 2019|
|Phase I exam result date||June 2019|
|RBI Officer Grade B Phase II admit card Release||June 2019|
|Date of phase II examination||July 2019|
|Phase II Exam Result announcement||July 2019|
|Interview Date of RBI Officer Grade B||August 2019|
|Final result Announcement||August 2019|
As you can see above, the exam is conducted in two phases – Phase I and Phase II. The release of RBI Grade B Hall Ticket for Phase I is probably going to be in May 2019 and for phase II it would be in June 2019.
These are only the probable dates. To get more information on the RBI Grade B dates, click on the button below:
RBI Grade B Eligibility Details
You need to fulfill certain criteria to apply for the job. You need to ensure that you fulfill the criteria before you apply. The following details make up the eligibility criteria for RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment:
RBI Grade B Officer Eligibility – Nationality
Candidates are required to follow the given criteria to be eligible for RBI Grade B 2018 Exam:
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must be a subject of Nepal
- Must be a subject of Bhutan
- Must be a Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 who has the intention of settling permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
RBI Grade B Exam Eligibility – Age Limit
There is a set age limit laid in the RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria. Candidates are required to be aged between 21 years and 30 years (both limits included) to apply for RBI Grade B exam 2019.
Candidates, who belong to the reserved category will be provided relaxation in their upper age as per the rules decided by the Board.
|Physically Handicapped||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
RBI Grade B Qualification – Educational Qualification
You need to fulfil either one of the following RBI Grade B Qualification to appear for RBI Grade B 2019.
- Candidate appearing for the RBI officer examination-2018 must be a graduate from a recognized university or institute.
- He/She must have attained 60% marks in the graduation while the same percentage is reduced to 50% for the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- Candidates having a Doctorate degree with aggregate 50% marks can also apply for the RBI examination.
- In addition to this, candidates having masters’ degree with 55% marks will be allowed to apply for the RBI Exam 2019.
- Candidates having a postgraduate diploma in management or Masters of Business administration can also apply for the RBI Officer Grade B exam 2018. Chartered Accountant (CA), Company Secretary or Cost Accountant can also apply for this examination.
These were the information that you need abut the eligibility details as mentioned in RBI Grade B Notification. To get more details about RBI Grade B Eligibility Details, click on the link below:
RBI Grade B Application Process
Let us take a look at the application process. The application process can only be completed online. No other mode of application is accepted. You need to follow these simple steps to apply online:
Instructions for Filling Up the RBI Grade B Online Application
- Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph, signature, left thumb impression and a handwritten declaration in the online application form as per the specifications are given below.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Photo identity proof / Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo, Signature, left thumb impression and a hand written declaration as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Documents detailed as given.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- After you successfully made the payment, click on ‘Final Submit’.
To get the complete details about the RBI Grade B Application Process, click on the button below:
The RBI Grade B Application Fee
When you are filling in the RBI Grade B Application, you also need to fill in the online application fee. The Application Fee differs depending on the category the candidate belongs to. The following table gives us the details:
|1.||SC/ST/PwBD||Intimation Charges only||Rs.100/-|
|2.||GEN/OBC||Application fee including intimation charges||Rs.850/-|
RBI Grade B Admit Card
Let us take a look at the next part of the information in RBI Grade B Notification and that is the process of downloading your RBI Grade B Admit Card. To download your admit card for each of the phases, you need to go through the following steps:
Instructions to Download Your RBI Grade B Admit Card
Follow the given steps to download the given steps to get your RBI Grade B Hall Ticket:
- STEP 1: Click on the link given on our article for RBI Grade B Admit Card 2019. You would be redirected to the official portal for download the admit card.
- STEP 2: Enter your registration number which you got when you filled in the application form. You would need to enter your date of birth as well.
- STEP 3: Click on submit
- STEP 4: You would get your RBI Grade B Admit Card. Take a print out of it and carry it to the venue.
To get complete details about RBI Grade B Admit Card, click on the link below:
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
Let us now turn our attention to the exam itself. The first thing that we look at is the exam pattern. The exam has two stages – Phase I and Phase II. Phase I is of qualifying in nature and the marks you get would decide whether you qualify for RBI Grade B 2019 Phase 2 or not. Your final selection for RBI Grade B Recruitment would only be made on the marks you get in phase 2 and the interview. We have given the details of all the stages below:
RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern for Phase I
|S.No||Subjects||No. of questions||Time Duration||Maximum Marks|
|1||General Awareness||80||120 minutes||200 Marks|
The RBI Grade B Phase I exam is an MCQ based question paper. This means that you would be given options for every question. This stage is only qualifying in nature. This means that the marks you get would not count towards the final selection. The marks would only count for your qualification to the second round – Phase II.
RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern for Phase II
Phase II is one of the crucial stages of the exam as the marks you get in the exam would count towards your final results. The RBI Grade B Exam Pattern for Phase II would be of MCQ type. Only one paper would be of the descriptive type. The details of the exam pattern are given below:
|Papers||Name of Paper||Type of Paper||Time Duration||Max. Marks|
|I||Economic and social issue||Objective||90 minute||100|
|II||English (Writing skill)||Descriptive||90 minute||100|
|III||Finance and Management||Objective||90 minute||100|
The marks you get in this stage would count towards your final selection. So, you need to be careful with how you approach this stage.
The Final Round -Interview
The final round is the Interview round. The personal round would be of 200 marks. You would be selected based on the total marks in the interview and phase II. However, you have to be in the top in the phase II exam to get an interview call. The interview would be conducted by panellists from the RBI itself.
To know more about the RBI Grade B Exam Pattern as mentioned in the RBI Grade B Notification, you need to click on the button below:
To know more about the syllabus for RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment, click on the button below:
We also have recommendations for RBI Grade B Books. To know more about them, click on the button below:
RBI Grade B Notification – Checking Your Result
To check your RBI Grade B result, you just need to follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Click on the link on our RBI Grade B Result Page.
- Step 2: Click on “Recruitment Related Announcements” at the bottom of the page.
- Step 3: Under “Current Vacancies”, click on “Results”
- Step 4: Click on “Result of Phase-II examination for Direct Recruitment of Officers in Grade ‘B’ (General)”.
- Step 5: Click on “Roll Numbers of candidates shortlisted for Interview”.
- Step 6: A PDF page consisting of Roll Numbers will be displayed.
- Step 7: Look up your Roll number. Press Ctrl+F key, type in your “Roll Number” and press Enter to search for it in the list. If it is there, you have cleared the particular stage and are eligible to appear for the next round of the exam.
- Step 8: Take a print out of the Result for future reference.
To get more details about the RBI Grade B Result, click on the link below:
RBI Grade B Cut Off
You also need to know about the RBI Grade B Cut Off to know the minimum marks that you need to score to get selected. Let us take a look at the expected cutoff and the previous year cut off for RBI Grade B Exam
Expected RBI Grade B Cut Off 2019
Let us first talk about the expected RBI Grade B Cut Off 2019. As you know, the official notification is not out yet. So, we don’t know about the total vacancies or the total number of candidates. However, taking a closer look at the previous year trends we think that RBI Grade B marks would look something like this.
|Section Name (Maximum Marks)||Category|
|General/UR||OBC||SC||ST||PWD (OH/ HI/ VH)|
|Quantitative Aptitude (30)||6.00||3.00||3.00||2.00||2.00|
|English Language (30)||8.00||7.00||5.25||4.75||4.75|
|Reasoning Ability (60)||14.00||10.00||7.25||6.75||6.75|
|General Awareness (80)||18.00||13.00||11.00||11.00||11.00|
This is only the expected cut off for RBI grade B 2019 based on previous year trends. We would update the information as soon as we get it.
RBI Grade B Cut Off for Previous Years
Let us take a look at the RBI Grade B Cut Off for Previous Years. We would start with RBI Grade B Cut Off for 2017
RBI Grade B Cutoff Marks for Phase-I 2017
|Section Name (Maximum Marks)||Category|
|General/UR||OBC||SC||ST||PWD (OH/ HI/ VH)|
|Quantitative Aptitude (30)||4.00||2.50||2.00||2.00||2.00|
|English Language (30)||6.75||5.25||4.75||4.75||4.75|
|Reasoning Ability (60)||11.00||8.00||6.75||6.75||6.75|
|General Awareness (80)||16.50||12.50||11.00||11.00||11.00|
RBI Grade B Phase-II & Final Cutoff 2017
RBI Grade B Cutoff 2017 Phase – II and overall RBI Grade B Cut-off 2017 (Phase II + Interview) is given below:
|Recruitment Process||Cut-off Marks|
|Aggregate Cut-off marks (Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III): 300 marks||196.75||181.75||175.75||175.75|
|Aggregate Cut-off marks (Paper-I, II & III) + Interview: (300 + 50) marks||245.75||228.00||220.50||211.25|
To know the cut off for previous years, click on the link below:
This was the details about RBI Grade B notification. We hope that you found all the answers about the exam. We wish you all the best for the RBI Grade B 2019 exam.