The Reserve Bank of India conducts the RBI Assistant exam to recruit assistants in various departments across the country. Every year, lakhs of candidates apply for the exam. Some are fresh out of college, whereas others might have years of experience in the professional world. One of the most common questions that most of the candidates have is the salary that they would get once they crack the RBI Assistant exam. In the following post, we would be taking a look at the RBI Assistant Salary and various other benefits that you would get once you successfully crack the exam.
If you are hoping to crack RBI Assistant 2018, then we suggest that you take the look at the eligibility criteria. Click on the link below to know more about the RBI Assistant Eligibility.
RBI Assistant Salary -Important Details
The in-hand RBI Assistant Salary
After the seventh pay commision, the RBI Assistant Salary has increased by a good margin. Today, the in-hand RBI assistant salary is around Rs. 32,000, after all the allowances and deductions. The annual CTC would be around Rs. 3,80,000/-.
The RBI Assistant Pay Scale
The RBI Assistant basic pay is Rs. 15,060/- per month. The RBI Assistant Pay Scale is given below:
Pay scale: Rs. 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years).
Of course, the pay scale changes once you get the promotion. The following table gives the details of the RBI Assistant Pay Scale at each step of the promotion
|Sr. No.||Post/ Grade/ Scale||Pay Scale|
|1||Assistant||13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)|
|2||Special Assistant||26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3)|
|3||Senior Assistant||33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years)|
You can also appear for departmental examination after which you would be able to be promoted to the officer grade. Once you get promoted to the officer grade, your pay scale would be as follows
|Sr. No.||Post/ Grade/ Scale||Pay Scale|
In exceptional cases, you may get promoted into Grade-E or Grade-F.
Pay Revision of RBI Assistant Salary happens every 5 years. Your RBI Assistant Pay Scale would usually increase after every pay revision.
RBI Assistant Pay Scale – Allowances
Allowances would make up a large part of your RBI Assistant Salary. Once you get selected into the RBI Assistant, you would be eligible for the following allowances
- Dearness Allowance: It is calculated as a percentage of your basic salary. The rate is revised from time to time.
- Transport Allowance: Transport allowance is given to compensate for the expenses that you make to travel to work from home.
- House Rent Allowance: You would be given a House Rent Allowance or HRA of Rs. 20000 to get a place to rent in the city that you are posted in. If you are getting an official accommodation, then you would not be getting the HRA
- City Compensatory Allowance: The CCA would depend on the place of posting. You would be getting more CCA in metro cities compared to other cities.
RBI Assistant Salary – Other Benefits
You would be entitled to a host of other benefits apart from having a handsome RBI Assistant Salary. Some of the benefits that you would get are as follows:
- A fully furnished 1 BHK apartment as your official accommodation. Please note that RBI’s accommodation subject to availability.
- Reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose.
- Allowances for newspapers, briefcase, book grant, the furnishing of your official residence etc.
- Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment/hospitalization.
- Interest-free festival advance. This means that you can get an advance payment from your salary for special occasions
- Leave Fare Concession (Once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents).
- Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for purposes like buying of House and/or Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc.
- Defined Contribution New Pension Scheme, in addition to the benefit of Gratuity.
RBI Assistant Job Profile
The job of an RBI assistant can be defined as respectable as well as low on stress. You would have 5 days of working and fixed working hours. If you have to work past that, then you would be given handsome overtime payments as well. You would also get excellent promotional opportunities as well.
To know more about the RBI Assistant Job Profile, click on the link below:
These were some of the most important information that you should know about the RBI Assistant Salary. We hope that this article would help to answer some of the questions that you might have. To apply for RBI Assistant 2018, click on the button below: