The RBI Assistant Exam is a national level exam conducted by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) every year. The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) conducts Entrance Examination for the Assistant post all across the country for various departments in their banks. The official notification for RBI Assistant 2018 exam is not declared yet. However, some of the information is available with Topprnotes. So, let us check the details of the RBI Assistant Recruitment Notification.
RBI Assistant Recruitment Notification – Important Dates for RBI Assistant 2018
As said before, the RBI Assistant exam date 2018 is not officially known yet. We would know it when the official RBI Assistant Notification is released. However, the tentative dates are available with us. The following table gives you the tentative RBI Assistant Exam Date.
|RBI Assistant||Opening of Online Application||October 2018|
|Last Date for Closing/Editing Online Application||November 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Fees||November 2018|
|Preliminary Exam||December 2018|
|Main Exam||January 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result||January-February, 2019|
We would update the information as soon as we get it. To get the latest updates on the exam date for RBI Assistant Recruitment 2018, click on the link below:
RBI Assistant Expected Vacancies
The official notification for RBI Assistant is not declared yet. So, we don’t know about the exact RBI Assistant Vacancy 2018 yet. However, we can get an idea about the total number of vacancies for RBI Assistant 2018, by looking at the RBI Assistant Vacancy 2017.
In 2017, the total vacancies were 623. This year the vacancies are expected to slightly less than previous years. We expect it to be around 550-600. However, this is just our guess. We request that you wait for the official notification before you get any idea about the RBI Assistant Vacancy 2018.
To get the updates on vacancies as mentioned in the RBI Assistant Notification 2018, click on the link below:
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria
RBI Assistant Nationality Requirement
Let us start with the nationality requirements. To appear for RBI Assistant 2018, you need to be a citizen of India. Therefore, Non-Resident Indians from foreign countries are not eligible to appear for the exam.
RBI Assistant Age Limit
Next, we would be taking a look at the RBI Assistant Age Limit. According to the official sources, the candidate should meet the following age limits.
- You should be of 20 years old but not more than 28 years old at the time of registration. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/10/1990 and not later than 01/10/1998 (both days including) are only eligible to apply.
- Reserved category students can claim age relaxation. Applicants belonging to different categories are entitled to different age relaxation. The following table gives the details:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Serviceman||The actual period of service rendered in the defence forces +3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||10 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||5 years|
Educational Qualification for RBI Assistant
You need to fulfil the following educational qualifications to be eligible for applying for RBI Assistant 2018
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence services.
- Candidates applying for a post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
To get more details about the RBI Assistant Eligibility, click on the link below:
RBI Assistant Recruitment – Filling Up the Online Form
The next thing that you need to know is the process of filling up the form for RBI Assistant Exam 2019. The entire process would be completed online. To fill up the online application for RBI Assistant 2018, click on the link below:
Please note that the link given above is not active. We would activate it with the exact link for filling up the RBI Assistant Online Form when RBI starts accepting applications for RBI Assistant Registration.
The Process of Filling up the RBI Assistant Application Form
You just need to follow these simple steps to fill up your RBI Assistant Application Form.
- STEP 1: Click on the link above.
- STEP 2: You would be redirected to the official RBI Assistant Application. You need to fill up the details in the right fields.
- STEP 3: After you have filled up the online RBI Assistant form, just recheck the details once again. Once you are satisfied, click on the button that says ‘Submit’.
- STEP 4: This completes the first stage of the process. You would get the registration number sent to your email and phone number.
- STEP 5: Login again by using your registration number and date and birth. Now you would need to upload your scanned photograph and signature.
- STEP 6: You would need to fill in other details like the exam centre, educational details and other such details.
- STEP 7: Once you have done that, you need to click on ‘Submit’.
- STEP 8: Next, you need to pay online application fee.
- STEP 9: After the payment is made successfully, you would get a confirmation message.
The Application Fee for RBI Assistant 2018
You need to pay an application fee while you are submitting your RBI Assistant Online Application. The application fee is different for different categories. The following table gives the details:
|General and OBC||Rs. 450|
RBI Assistant Recruitment 2018 – 2019 – Choosing the Exam Centre
When you are filling up the online form for RBI Assitant Recruitment, you need to choose your prefered exam centre. The exam centre list would be known when the official RBI Assistant Recruitment Notification is declared. Let us see the probable list of exam centres for RBI Assistant 2018.
RBI Assistant Exam Centre List : PART I
|Andaman & Nicobar||Mandi||Punjab|
|Guntur||Jammu & Kashmir||Ludhiana|
RBI Assistant Exam Centre List : PART II
To know more about the Exam centres for RBI Assistant Recruitment 2019, click on the link below:
RBI Assistant Admit Card
The next thing that you would need to know about RBI Assistant Recruitment Notification is how you can get your RBI Assistant Admit Card. You would be able to download the admit card for RBI Assistant as soon as they are officially made available. The admit card would RBI Assistant Prelims would probably be available from the 1st week of November 2018. For more details on RBI assistant admit card, click on the link below:
RBI Assistant Selection Process 2018 – 2019
If you are looking to apply for RBI Assistant, then you should know about the RBI assistant selection procedure. The entire selection procedure contains the following stages:
As per the recruitments held previously, the selection is done through online examinations that will be followed by a language proficiency test in one’s local/official language.
- Online Preliminary Examination (Objective Test)
- Online Mains Examination (Objective Test)
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
The final selection was made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online mains examination and LPT is only qualifying in nature. However, you should pass the LPT as you would not be considered eligible for recruitment as RBI Assistant.
To know more about the RBI Assistant Selection Process, click on the button below:
RBI Recruitment Notification – Exam Pattern
Let us take a look at the exam pattern as they are mentioned in RBI Recruitment Notification. As said above, there are three stages in the exam – Prelims, Mains and LPT. The details of the exam pattern are given below:
RBI Assistant Paper Pattern – Prelims
The first stage is the prelims exam. This would be an online MCQ based test. You would get 1 marks for every right answer and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks would be deducted from the score.
|Serial Number||Name of Test||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||A composite time of 1 hour|
RBI Assistant Mains Pattern
After you pass the prelims, you would be allowed to sit for the RBI Assistant Mains exam. As said before, the mains exam is the most important stage of the exam, as the marks you get would count towards your final selection. Like prelims, this would also be an MCQ type paper, where you have to choose the right options. The following table gives you the details of the RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for the Mains stage.
|Serial Number||Name of Test||No. of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3.||Computer Knowledge||40||40||30 minutes|
|4.||General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5.||Quantitative Aptitude||40||40||20 minutes|
RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test
LPT is the final stage of the exam. In LPT, you would be tested for your ability to understand, read and write the local language of the state that you are applying for. Please note that the RBI recognizes only one regional language for each state. For example, if you are applying for vacancies in Mumbai or anywhere else in Maharashtra, you would have to be proficient in Marathi, even though Hindi is widely understood by almost everyone in that state.
The pattern for Language Proficiency Test changes from year to year. You can expect the test to be any one of the following:
- You would be given a passage in the regional language. You would have to read it aloud in front of an examiner.
- The candidates might also be required to read a passage from a newspaper.
- You would be given a Reading Comprehension test in the regional language.
To know more about the exam pattern as mentioned RBI Assistant Notification 2019, click on the link below:
RBI Assistant Syllabus – Prelims and Mains
The next thing you need to know from RBI Assistant Recruitment Notification is the syllabus for RBI Assistant Exam 2018. Let us take a look.
RBI Assistant Prelims Syllabus
The following gives the details of the subjects and the topics of the RBI Assistant Pre Exam Syllabus
|1.||English Language||Reading comprehension, Cloze test, Double fillers/ sentence/ multiple sentence fillers , Sentence correction/ improvement, Vocabulary based questions, Odd one out cum para jumbles, Paragraph Based Questions (Paragraph 1, 2, 3…, Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph /Sentences Restatement).|
|2.||Reasoning Ability||Puzzles & Seating Arrangements, Direction Sense, Blood, Relation, Syllogism, Order and Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Machine Input-Output, Inequalities, Alpha-Numeric-Symbol, Series, Data Sufficiency, Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement and Assumption, Conclusion, Argument).|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart), Inequalities (Quadratic Equations, Quantity 1, Quantity 2), Number Series, Approximation and Simplification, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns).|
RBI Assistant Mains Syllabus
Now let us take a look at the RBI Assistant Syllabus 2018 for the mains stage. As you can see from the exam pattern, there are 5 subjects in mains exam. Three of these – Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English are there in the prelims. The syllabus for these three subjects is the same for both prelims and the mains. The syllabus for remaining subjects are given below:
|1.||General Awareness||Banking and Insurance Awareness, Financial Awareness, Govt. Schemes and Policies, Current Affairs, Static Awareness.|
|2.||Computer Awareness||Basic terminologies, Hardware, Software, Basics of Networking, Internet, Internet Protocols, MS Office etc.|
To know more about the RBI Assistant Syllabus, click on the button below:
RBI Assistant 2018 Result – Checking the Result
To check the RBI Assistant Prelims Results and the mains results, click on the link below:
*Please note that the link is not active now as the RBI Assistant Prelims Result or the RBI Assistant Result for Mains has not been declared yet. This would be activated after the results are declared.
How to check your RBI Assistant Result?
- Link on the link above.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth.
- Click on ‘submit’
- Download your result for future reference.
RBI Assistant Job Profile
The RBI Assistant Recruitment Notification also details the job profile. Being an assistant in RBI has a lot of similarities with other public sector organizations. The job profile includes the following:
- File Work: This is the most common job you have to do as an assistant at RBI. You would have to maintain files on various matters of the organization.
- Data Entry: You will be given a collection of data and you have to feed them in the computer system provided so that the organization can go back to them when required.
- Replying to mails: RBI offices get a lot of letters every day and as an assistant, you have to draft the replies to most of them and then you have to get it approved by your boss before making the final copy.
- Replying to RTI Applications: You would have to reply to RTI applications received by the RBI
- Inward and Outward Mail Entry: RBI gets a lot of letters as well as sends a lot of them too. You may be asked to maintain the record of the same as an assistant.
So, these were some of the details RBI Assistant Recruitment Notification. Hopefully, this article was of help to you. For more details about the RBI Assistant 2018, keep browsing Topprnotes.