The RBI Assistant 2018 offers an excellent opportunity for young candidates looking for a promising career in the banking sector. Like every exam, there are some eligibility criteria that you should meet. So, what is the qualification for RBI Assistant? Well, there are many factors like educational qualifications, age limit and other such factors. We are going to take a look at RBI Assistant Eligibility. So, that you know what are the factors that you need to fulfill to appear for the RBI Assistant Exam 2018.
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria – Age, Nationality, Qualification
Let us take a detailed look at the RBI Assistant Qualification. As said before, there are different factors for RBI Assistant Eligibility. Let us look at them one by one.
RBI Assistant Qualification – Nationality
First up is the nationality requirements. To appear for RBI Assistant 2018, you need to be a citizen of India. Therefore, Non-Resident Indians from foreign countries are not eligible to appear for the exam.
RBI Assistant Qualification – Age Limit
Next, we would be taking a look at the RBI Assistant Age Limit. According to the official sources, the candidate should meet the following age limits.
- You should be of 20 years old but not more than 28 years old at the time of registration. Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/10/1990 and not later than 01/10/1998 (both days including) are only eligible to apply.
- Reserved category students can claim age relaxation. Applicants belonging to different categories are entitled to different age relaxation. The following table gives the details:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Serviceman||Actual period of service rendered in the defence forces +3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex- Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||10 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||5 years|
Educational Qualification for RBI Assistant
You need to fulfill the following educational qualifications to be eligible for applying for RBI Assistant 2018
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence services.
- Candidates applying for a post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office.
RBI Assistant Application Process
If you find yourself fulfilling the RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria, then you can always apply for the exam. The RBI Assistant Application form could only be filled online. You need to fill in the form with your details and pay the application fee online. Filling up the RBI Assistant Online Application is really easy. Just click on the link below to know more about it.
These were some of the most important information about the RBI Assistant Eligibility. To know more about the details of the RBI Assistant Exam 2018, click on the link below: