If you are in Bangalore and tell somebody that you are a Ramaiah pass out or currently graduating from that institute, then be prepared for some amazed gazes, as you would surely get them a lot during your stay in the Silicon Valley of India.
Believe me, when I say this, people will look up to you as one of the smartest, intelligent and brightest prospect that they would have come across, some might even bow down to you! Don’t think that I am exaggerating it, that it is the truth when you tell people about Ramaiah.
Such is the standard that Ramaiah Institute of Technology has set for itself that by default people around you, consider you as one of the best among the rest. But what’s so special about Ramaiah Institute of Technology that people have such high regards for? Is the level of competition? Exposure? Teachings by the faculty? Placement statistics? Infrastructure?
Without wasting any time further, let’s have a look at the reasons that make RIT one of the most desired institutes of the nation.
Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
Ramaiah Institute of Technology ( RIT) is a private engineering college located in the Silicon Valley of India. It was established in 1962 by M.S Ramaiah and is affiliated to VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University) and recognized by AICTE. RIT has over the years been regarded as one of the elite and deemed institutes of the nation.
Departments at Ramaiah Institute of Technology
The college has the power to set up their own curriculum, syllabus, and student evaluation system and provides engineering opportunities to the students under the following disciplines
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Medical Electronics
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Campus life at Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- RIT has hostels that comprise single, double as well as triple occupancy along with attached bathrooms.
- 2 highly spacious dining halls for the students to have their meals
- Provision of breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner at the fixed intervals
- 80 Washing machines that provide laundering services for free
- TV rooms, Magazines, and newspapers for the purpose of recreation
- Accessibility to Canteen for food and beverages till midnight
- Health center with doctors for consultation and treatment with the provision of free medicine
- High – speed WIFI connectivity across the campus
- Guest rooms for the student’s parents or guardians that allows staying for maximum 2 days.
- RIT has two food courts to cater to the needs of the students by serving North Indian as well as South Indian dishes along with drinks and beverages at affordable prices.
Common Rooms at RIT
- The college has separate rooms for recreation for the male and female students and is available in all the departmental buildings which could be made use of during the college hours.
Auditoriums and Seminar Halls
- RIT has modern auditoriums and seminar halls which can accommodate around 1000+ students. These are generally used up for conduction of any workshops, seminars, any department events, felicitation programs and any form of alumni meet.
- The college has a well-equipped gym that is open to all the RIT members (Staff and Students).
Events and Activities at Ramaiah Institute of Technology
It is the yearly cultural fest held at RIT which involves the participation of students in large numbers.
TEDx organization of RIT brings in highly eminent personalities of the society. Back in 2012, the event witnessed the participation of highly influential speakers like Devi Prasad Shetty, Atul Chitnis, Soumitra Bhattacharya and many others.
RIT has an IEEE branch which hosts various competitions every year that constitute their tech fest- Aavishkar. The events involved are Robotics, Paper presentation, Photography contest, 8086 Programming, Cyber Treasure hunt, Algomach, Design and Debugging and many such workshops and events.
Placements at Ramaiah Institute of Technology
The college enjoys excellent campus drives every year with more than 1000 students getting absorbed each year into some of the biggest giants of various industries.
Some of the companies that come in for placements every year have been listed below
Notable Alumni of Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Over the years RIT has produced some highly eminent personalities who have taken over their respective fields like a storm and carved out a niche for themselves
- Suhas Gopinath, Youngest CEO at the age of 17, Globals Inc
- Kanan Gill, Youtuber, and a Stand-Up Comedian
- Sajjan Jindal, MD at JSW Steel
- Komal Jha, Actress in Hindi, Malayalam, Telegu, and Tamil film industries
Rankings of Ramaiah Institute of Technology
- NIRF ranked RIT as 60th on the list of Top 100 engineering colleges across the nation.
- RIT is ranked 1st among the VTU affiliated colleges for the year 2018.
- Outlook India had ranked RIT as 20th on the list of top 100 engineering colleges in India for 2017
- India Today ranked RIT as 15th on the list of top colleges of the nation for 2017
Address: MSR Nagar, MSRIT Post, Bangalore-560054
Phone no: +91-80-23600822
Email Id: [email protected]
If you want to know more about the college then you can visit the official website- Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Studying at Ramaiah is truly a dream come true for many engineering aspirants who have plans of pursuing engineering from the Silicon Valley of India. The kind of exposure that you would get in an institute like Ramaiah, would surely contribute to your personal and professional development, thereby helping you compete in the fast-paced competitive environment in the long run. An opportunity of sharing space with the finest minds of the country should be utilized to the optimum.