Bengaluru, known as the Silicon Valley of India has become the most desired city of India to live in at the moment. Be it the weather, people, companies or culture, the Mecca of startups has a unique vibe that surrounds it, something that compels the students to leave their homeland and fly into this city to pursue their needs. There is, in fact, a concrete reason as to why the home of Rava Idli is the most desired city in India at present. The city of lakes, Bengaluru is home to some of the deemed and elite institutions of the nation that promise to impart quality education among its students.
One such institute that has over the years carved a name for itself is the R.V. College of Engineering. It is still a dream for many students to just walk past the halls and the corridors where India’s finest engineers had once walked in. Let’s dig deep as to what makes this institute the number 1 Engineering College in the Silicon Valley of India.
R.V. College of Engineering – Best Engineering College in Bangalore
R.V. College of Engineering also knows as Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (RVCE) is undoubtedly the best college the city has to offer. Established in 1963, RVCE is a private co-educational college located in the Silicon Valley of India. All the departments have been accredited by the NBA (National Board of Accreditation) and the college has been accredited by AICTE(All India Council for Technical Education).
The Government of India has recognized RVCE as a Centre of Excellence under TEQIP ( Technical Education Quality Improvement Program).
Over the years, RVCE has become a hot favorite institute for the engineering aspirants throughout the nation. Students flock in at huge numbers just to be a part of this elite institute and get groomed by some of the talented and intelligent personnel across the nation.
R.V. College of Engineering – Admissions
Students who want to pursue an engineering degree at RVCE must appear for the Karnataka CET test ( only for the students of Karnataka ) or in COMED-K exam ( for the students from other states and even from Karnataka). The admission also takes place through the management quota and by lateral entry procedure( for students who have a diploma can enter straightaway into the 2nd year).
Departments at R.V. College of Engineering
RVCE lets students choose from wide range of engineering courses all of which have been given autonomous status by VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University).
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Instrumentation Technology
- Information Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
Campus life at R.V. College of Engineering
- The college is spread over an area of 51.4 acres and situated on the Mysore road between Kengeri and Bangalore University.
- There’s a separate building for every department with the exceptions being the MCA, Instrumentation Technology, Information Science which are placed under a single building.
- The college canteen provides the students to choose from North Indian, South Indian as well as Chinese cuisine.
- Wifi connectivity throughout the campus with a Post Office and health center.
The college has 4 hostels inside the premises and 4 other hostels located at J.P. Nagar, Jaya Nagar, Rajarajeshwari Nagar exclusively for girls. The ones inside the campus are completely for boys and are namely Cauvery hostel ( for 1st-year students ), M. Visvesvaraya block (4th-year students) and a diamond jubilee block for the remainder of students.
Department level events and activities
Every department conducts their own festival at regular intervals. Some of the branch-wise events are mentioned below-
- Helix by Department of Biotechnology
- Connect by Department of Telecommunication
- Vortex by Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Impulse by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Infinity by Department of Information Science and Engineering
- React by Department of Chemical Engineering
Cultural events at R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore
RVCE has a separate Cultural Activities Team that looks into the smooth conduction of cultural activities of all the clubs
- Footprints (Dance club of RVCE) conducts Flare- one of the largest hip-hop fests
- RV Quizcorp( Quiz club of RVCE) conducts corporate level quiz of the national level
- Circle of Acting at RV ( Theatre team) has won prizes at both international and national level festivals in Kannada, Hindi, and English.
- RV DebSoc( Debating club of RVCE) is one of the best debating clubs of India to have won competitions such as ABP, UADC, All Asian Intervarsity Tournament.
RVEcell was started by Pushkar Gejji, Piyush Gupta, and Kauser Johar under the supervision and guidance of Prof N.S Narahari, Director of Placement and Training to provide the students a platform where they can come up with their talents and knowledge of business acumens. The cell conducts a state level annual contest related to business and ideas on a yearly basis with the intent of promoting the spirit of entrepreneurship among the students.
Placements at R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore
This segment is what captivates the student’s attention when going through any college profile. The figure below shows the placement statistics of RVCE in the last 4 years.
Branch wise offer statistics for the year 2018-
Some of the reputed companies that offer placements to the students – Microsoft, Google, Oracle, IBM, Yahoo, Infosys, Sasken, Tata Consultancy, Dell, Accenture, ABB, and Wipro.
RVCE was ranked 58 by NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) for the year 2018.
Notable Alumni of R.V. College of Engineering
- Anil Kumble (Batch 1992 Mechanical), Former India captain and one of the greatest Indian legspinner with 337 ODI and 619 test scalps.
- Chetan Baboor, Indian International Table Tennis Champion, Recipient of 4 national titles, Recipient of Arjuna Award in 1997.
Address: R.V. College of Engineering, R V Vidyanikethan Post, Mysuru Road, Bengaluru 560059.
Phone Number: 91-080-67178021
Email: [email protected]
To know more about the College you can visit the official website – R.V. College of Engineering
Being a part of this esteemed institute is a dream for many, but only a few possess the potential, talent, and knowledge to actually get here. I can assure you, you won’t regret a second of your time at RVCE. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to be here and share space with some of the finest minds in the country.