NMAT by GMAC 2018 is scheduled from 4 October to 17 December 2018 is a computer-based test. The syllabus and exam pattern for the same have been analyzed by the previous year exams. The exam is the ticket to many reputed B – schools all over India. Among many other Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies accept NMAT score for its admissions. As per the NMAT syllabus and NMAT pattern, there is no negative marking for any wrong or unattempted answer
NMAT Exam Pattern
The NMAT exam comprises of three sections: Verbal ability, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. The candidates can select the order in which they wish to attempt these three sections. The number of questions in each section and time allotted for each section is discussed below:
|SECTION||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||DURATION (minutes)|
Syllabus for NMAT by GMAC remains almost the same as used to be for NMAT till 2014. The syllabus for NMAT by GMAC resembles the CAT syllabus and level of difficulty is usually lesser as compared to CAT. Although the time allotted for each section is lesser in this exam as the total number of questions is 120 and the duration is 120 minutes which give the candidates almost a minute for each question. The major topics to be studied as per the NMAT syllabus are:
Unlike the other two section, this section involves lesser solving ability. The jumble words and sentence corrections might take up longer but they are easy enough for anyone well versed in the language.
- Reading comprehension passages,
- Grammar-based correction of sentences,
- Sentence correction,
- Vocabulary based questions,
- Parts of speech; tenses, conditionals, modifiers, phrasal verbs
Correction of grammatical errors
Here is the NMAT quant syllabus for NMAT. This is the section where the candidates spend the most time. It is advised that rather than wasting time on solving the unknown questions, you solve the questions you are confident about first and then if the time allows going back to figuring out those questions.
- Data Analysis, Data Sufficiency and Data Interpretation
- Numbers (HCF, LCM, Divisibility, factorials, Remainder theorem, last digits)
- Ratio proportion and partnership,
- Percentages, simple and compound interests,
- Mixtures and allegations,
- Time speed distance and time and work
- Geometry and mensuration
- Permutations and combination
- Probability, trigonometry, algebra
This section also takes up a lot of time if one does not know the answer or does not know how to solve them. Just like for the NMAT Quant section, it is advised that the candidates solve those question first about which they are confident.
- Analytical reasoning and critical reasoning, based on identifying inference and conclusions from a set of sentences
- series completion
- blood relations
- linear and circular arrangements
- coding and decoding
- puzzles, syllogisms
- calendars and clocks
So, this was the NMAT Exam Syllabus 2019 and NMAT Exam Pattern. Candidates now know the exam pattern and the syllabus which gives them a rough idea about the exam. On the basis of the pattern and syllabus, candidates can prepare their strategies, as to how they will tackle and start with the paper.