All the Candidates who are preparing for NMAT Exam must be first of all familiar with the NMAT Exam Pattern.The NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) is an online examination conducted by the Graduate Management Academic Council (GMAC) annually for MBA aspirants. As observed since 2015, GMAC is the organizer of this competitive examination, thus it’s well known as NMAT by GMAC. This is a great opportunity for students aiming for admission to some of the finest Indian universities in the field of management, SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, VIT Vellore, ICFAI Hyderabad to name a few.
Overview of NMAT Paper Pattern
Here is an overview of NMAT exam pattern.
- The exam is conducted in the online mode only.
- Candidates will be assigned a seat with a desktop or a computer with the official NMAT software.
- The questions in the exam of objective nature only.
- Each question would have 5 choices instead of the traditional 4.
- Duration of the exam is 120 minutes.
- Total number of questions is 120, divided into 3 sections.
- The NMAT total marks or maximum marks a candidate can score is 360.
The NMAT 2018 exam will comprise of three sections namely Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning Skills, and the total time duration given to the candidate will be two hours. Each section will have a different time limit. Note that although candidates are allowed to answer questions randomly within a section, they can’t switch from one section to another during the entire time period of the exam. There is no negative marking for wrong answers, un-attempted ones will not be considered, and each correct answer will be worth 3 marks. The table below lists the overall distribution of marks and time for NMAT 2018.
|S.No.||Section||Number of questions||Sectional Duration(mins)|
|3.||Logical Reasoning Skills||40||38|
So, the candidates are advised to keep in mind that each question is supposed to be solved within a minute. Since the exam is online, candidates are allowed to review the answers in each section before proceeding to the next one. As soon as the session closes, all the answers are locked.
NMAT Marking Scheme
- A uniform marking system is followed in the NMAT question paper.
- As per the revised NMAT pattern, there is no NMAT negative marking for any unanswered or incorrect answer.
- So, instead of skipping a question, one can speculate and answer.
Knowing the above-mentioned pattern beforehand will give candidates an upper hand and that extra bit of confidence required to attempt questions successfully. Candidates can prepare for test accordingly as they are now aware with the exam pattern. Also, you need to be quick in answering the questions, one can not spend more than a minute on each question. In doinf so there are chances that you might miss your paper. Candidates having high aspirations of getting admission in private B-schools must take the NMAT. It is a great chance to get a good exposure in terms of management education and work experience.