NIFT Syllabus was announced by NIFT on 22 October along with the NIFT Exam Pattern.
As per the NIFT Exam Pattern and Syllabus, there are different kind of tests for different programmes. For Example, for B.Des a candidate will have to appear for NIFT CAT and GAT on January 20, 2019. Followed by a situation test for the shortlisted candidates. Aspirants aiming for the Bachelor of Technology course have to appear for GAT only.
Here is the complete NIFT Entrance Syllabus for the candidates.
NIFT Syllabus for B.Des
Section-wise topics for NIFT GAT for B.Des
- English Comprehension – It will judge how a candidate is able to comprehend a situation from a given unseen passage. This section will also test the basic knowledge of the candidates.
- Quantitative Ability: It is the test of the quantitative ability of the test-takers. Topics like division, fractions, percentages, addition, multiplication, interest rates, ratio & proportion, distance, work, etc. Should be studied for this section.
- Communication Ability: Candidates’ language ability in daily communication in English is tested in this section. Candidates must know the one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases, synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, correct spellings, singular, plural, etc. should be prepared.
- Analytical Ability: This evaluates the candidate’s ability to draw inference and logic from the provided information.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: Candidates should be updated with the current affairs and happenings along with general knowledge to score well in this section.
Candidates should know the NIFT Exam Syllabus of CAT that will be held for Bachelor of Design admissions. The test will evaluate the intuitive & design ability and observation skills for developing a concept. Also, the Creativity and innovation in skills will be judged via this test. There are no prescribed topics in CAT as it mainly covers the creative aspect of the test which is purely objective and open-ended.
NIFT Exam Pattern for Situation Test
This test is conducted for the shortlisted candidates of CAT and GAT for Bachelor of Design. It will judge the candidate’s ability to handle the given set of materials along with innovation in a particular situation.
Evaluation of the model will be done on the basis of spatial visualization, creativity, uniqueness, finishing, element composition, construction, colour scheme, and other parameters.
NIFT Syllabus for B.F. Tech
Section-wise topics for NIFT 2019 GAT for B.F.Tech admissions
- Quantitative Ability- Candidates are tested on questions related to division, fractions, percentages, addition, multiplication, the rate of interest, ratio and proportion, distance, and work.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension- Questions like correct spellings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, idioms and phrases, etc can be asked.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability- Candidates will have to draw a conclusion and answer questions from the provided information. Creativity, lateral thinking and reasoning have to be applied to solve the questions.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs- General knowledge and current affairs of the candidates will be tested in this section.
- Case Study- Candidates will have to answer questions based on a case study, which will evaluate the candidates industrial and managerial skills.
So, this was the syllabus for NIFT Entrance Exam. In NIFT Syllabus some topics are not mentioned but will be subjective to a candidates creativity. There are no fixed topics for situational test and for CAT as they are more of a creative type exam whereas GAT is rather analytical in nature.