The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET exam is an All India entrance examination, for students wishing to study medical course in government/private medical and dental colleges respectively. NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS, BDS and Ayush courses, was held by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
A recent update, the NEET UG 2019 will be conducted by NTA or National Testing Agency. Earlier, NEET took place twice a year, NEET 2019 will be a single window exam as per a press release issued by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) on August 21. The NTA will organize NEET 2019 in offline mode. The NEET entrance exam(2018) was held on 6 May and results were declared on 4 June.
NEET 2019 will offer approximately 90,000 MBBS and BDS seats to the medical and dental colleges of India excluding AIIMS & JIPMER. This article mentions NTA NEET UG 2019 including important dates, exam pattern, qualifying percentile, merit list, and counseling.
NEET UG Exam 2019 At Glance
|1||Full Form NEET UG||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Under Graduate|
|3||Conducting Body||NTA(National Testing Agency)|
|4||NEET is conducted for||Medical, BDS, and AYUSH courses|
|5||Mode of Exam||Offline- Paper and Pen|
|6||Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|7||Syllabus (class 11 & 12)||Chemistry, Physics, Biology|
|8||Type & No. of Questions||MCQ, 180|
|10||Marking Scheme||+4 for each correct response; -1 for each incorrect response|
The NEET will be a single window exam in 2019. The NTA has overtaken CBSE NEET UG. The pattern of the exam will remain the same.
Important Dates NEET Exam 2019
Candidates aspiring for studying medical and other related studies under NEET UG should be well aware of the NEET 2019 schedule. It will help candidate is preparing well beforehand.
|The release of the application form date||November 1, 2018|
|Last date to apply for NEET 2019||November 30, 2018( extended to one more week)|
|Admit Card NEET exam||April 15, 2019|
|NEET Offline Exam 2019||May 5, 2019|
|Results NEET||June 5, 2019|
Eligibility Criteria NEET Exam 2019
The former CBSE NEET presently the NTA NEET 2019 have the same eligibility conditions and the upper age limit information is the same. The NEET exam eligibility condition is as follows:
- Age Criteria – The student should be minimum 17 and maximum 25 years of age as on December 31, 2018. The latest news, suggest the upper age limit mandate has been removed and candidates above 25 years of age can apply for NEET 2019 exam, confirmation for the same is awaited.
- Nationality – All Indian Nationals, Foreign Nationals including NRI’s, OCI’s and POI’s.
- Educational Qualification – The student should have aggregate 50%, 45% & 40% in class 12 Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English subjects for General, Unreserved PH and SC/ST/PH respectively.
NEET Application Form
The NEET 2019 application is available on the official portal from 1 November to 7 December 2018. The candidates willing to apply for NEET 2019 should know the procedure to fill the application form. Here is a brief synopsis for the same,
- Registration: It is mandatory to register yourself on the NEET 2019 portal by entering the personal details and creating a unique application.
- Filing up the application form: The candidate will have to log in for filling the personal(name, address, parents name, gender, date of birth, the category of the candidate etc) & academic details(12 class marks, 10 class marks, last school attended, etc) in the application form.
- The NEET form language and examination center & slot has to be filled before uploading of the photograph & signature.
- Uploading of documents: The application form will have a column asking for uploading the candidate’s scanned photograph(10-200 kb JPG format) and signature(4-30 kb JPG format) in a specified format.
- Payment of Application Fee: The final form submission requires a candidate to pay the application form fee i.e. 1400 for general/OBC and 750 for SC/ST/PH candidates.
- Print Out the Payment Receipt: The candidate should take a print out of the receipt and keep carefully for future references.
NEET Exam Centres 2019
The NEET 2018 was held in 2,255 exam centres across 136 cities in India. Aspirants have to fill in their choice of exam centre according to the order of preference in the application form. There are in total 154 cities where NEET 2019 will be held. NEET 2019 exam centres will be allotted according to the preference and the availability of the exam centres.
NEET 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who will successfully submit the application for NEET 2019 will be able to download their NEET Admit card 2019.
- The NEET admit card will release on 15 April 2019 on the official portal of NEET.
- The admit card will be sent to registered email ID or candidate himself/herself can download from the official portal.
- A candidate can easily download the NEET admit card by visiting the NTA NEET 2019 website.
- Click on the NEET 2019 admit card and enter the registration number & DOB for a successful login and download the admit card.
NEET Exam Pattern
The official notice suggests the exam pattern will remain the same as the previous year for NEET 2019.
- The NEET exam 2019 will have the three main subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Biology is the master with its branches i.e Botany and Zoology putting up together 90 questions each carrying +4 marks for correct answer and -1 for an incorrect answer.
- Physics & Chemistry each will comprise 45 questions each carrying equal weightage of marks.
- The total questions will be 180 and the total marks will be 720.
- The exam will be offline and for three hours
NEET Syllabus 2019
The syllabus of NEET 2019 will be the same as that of the NEET 2018, there are no changes. NEET 2019 syllabus comprises Physics, Chemistry, and Biology of the NCERT curriculum of class 11 and 12. Aspirants should check the detailed syllabus and know information about the important topics for preparing well for the examination.
NEET Answer Key 2019
NEET exam authorities will release the NEET 2019 exam answer key within a week of NEET 2019 exam. The candidate can check to estimate their result by checking their responses against the answer key given. There is the facility to challenge the answer key if a candidate is confident about their choice. The candidate can check the detailed procedure on the official NEET website.
NEET Results 2019
NTA will declare the NEET results on June 5, 2019. NEET 2019 result will be available on the official website of NTA which can be viewed and downloaded by the candidates by logging in with their login username/application number and password.
NEET Cut Off 2019
The cutoff or the minimum marks are the marks a candidate achieve for qualification in the entrance test. The candidates who meet the cutoff requirement of NEET 2019 will be eligible to attend the counseling for admissions. The cutoff is as the minimum requirement for the candidates to be in the merit lists made by the individual counseling authorities. The last merit ranks for counseling of NEET 2019 will vary in each state depending on the number of seats available, reservation criteria etc.
NEET Cutoff – 2018
Cutoff Marks (2018)
NEET 2019 Counseling and Admissions
The NEET exam counseling will tentatively start from the third week of June 2019. The counseling for the NEET 2019 will have 15% All India Quota seats, 85% for ESIC quota seats in Central & Deemed Universities.
- NEET counseling will be a three round process.
- There will be mock counseling where a candidate will be able to select the indicative seat. The benefit for mock counseling is that a candidate can edit and lock the seat in the first round.
- The MCC will hold counseling for 15% AIQ seats.
- The counseling for the state quota seats will be organized by the respective state counseling authorities.
After the counseling process, candidates must report to their allotted colleges within the specified time period. For the admission process, candidates must take original documents for verification and self-attested photocopies.
The seat allotment will happen on the basis of NEET rank, score, and preferences of the candidate during counseling. For more detailed counseling procedure click here.