Aspirants willing to pursue medical, dental and BDS courses must check the NEET exam pattern 2019 before appearing for the NEET entrance exam. The NEET 2019 exam pattern will help aspirants to gain an insight into the exam duration, question paper, number of questions, and the marking scheme. NEET 2019 will be organized in offline mode.
The entrance exam of NEET is three hours long exam, consisting of 180 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Candidates planning to take NEET UG 2019 can check here the details of NEET exam pattern 2019. It will be held on May 5 in one shift that is a single window system.
NEET Exam Pattern 2019
NEET paper pattern will remain same like the NEET 2018 paper. The syllabus and number of questions would remain the same. With the NEET 2019 exam pattern information, the aspirants will be able to prepare well in advance. The detailed information of NEET exam pattern 2019 has been given below:
|No. of Questions||Marks Allotted||Total Marks|
Key Points NEET Exam Pattern 2019
- Mode of Examination – The exam will be in offline(pen and paper) mode.
- Duration of Examination – The NEET paper will be of three hours.
- Type of Questions – Each section will have 45 question with the multiple choice of answers(MCQ). The candidate has to mark the correct choice on the OMR sheet given.
- The number of shifts – NEET 2019 will be conducted in one shift. It will be the single window exam.
- The medium of Exam – The authorities make sure to conduct NEET in all possible regional and common languages(English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, and Urdu).
- The total number of questions – 180 questions with 45 each from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects. Biology subject is subdivided into Botany & Zoology.
- NEET Marking Scheme – There is negative marking in NEET 2019 exam and each correct choice, leads to +4 marks and the incorrect choice will lead to -1 mark. There no negative mark for the unattempted question.
Marking Scheme NEET 2019
- No marks are there for unanswered questions.
- Candidate cannot change the answer.
- Marking multiple choices result in an incorrect response.
- +4 for a correct answer.
- -1 for each incorrect choice.
The minimum marks required for NEET UG 2019: The aggregate percentage of marks required for taking NEET 2019 exam is 50%, 45%, and 40% for general, unreserved PH and SC/ST/OBC/Reserved PH respectively.
The language of NEET Question Paper
- The question paper will be available in Hindi and English at all the centers.
- The candidate opting regional language will accordingly be given the NEET exam centre.
Here is a list of the centers and languages available for NEET 2019.
|Languages(Including Hindi & English) and Urdu who opts for it||Exam centre NEET 2019|
|Telugu||Andhra Pradesh & Telangana|
|Gujarati||Gujarat, Daman, Dadar & Nagar|
Syllabus NEET 2019
The syllabus for NEET 2019 will help a candidate to prepare well for the examination. It covers the important topic for the NEET the exam. The CBSE design the NEET syllabus.
Physics: Measurement, Laws of Motion, Motion of System of Particles & Rigid Body, Properties of Bulk Matter, Behaviour of Perfect Gas & Kinetic Theory, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Electronic Devices.
Chemistry: Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Classification of Elements, States of Matter: Solids, Gases, and Liquids, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, p,d,f-Block Elements, Hydrocarbons, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Coordination Compounds, Organic Chemistry, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen.
Biology (Botany + Zoology): Cell Structure and Function, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Reproduction, Biology, and Human Welfare, Ecology and Environment, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and its Applications.
How to Prepare for NEET 2019?
NEET question paper pattern is unique in structure and mainly comprises questions from Biology carrying 380 marks from the total of 720 marks. The Physics and Chemistry carry 180 marks each. The NEET exam preparation requires systematic manner and a proper schedule. Following a proper schedule and studying important topics carrying more weightage of marks should be well-taken care.
Important topics to prepare for NEET exam:
- Mechanics & Electrodynamics for physics
- Organic chemistry from chemistry
- And, Botany, Zoology from biology is the main component of the exam.
The candidate should focus on the maximum weighatge topics and consult the NCERT books for NEET preparation for clearing concepts. The candidate should consult NEET reference book after NCERT.