NEET counseling 2019 will start from the second week of June 2019. The DGHS on behalf of Medical Counselling Committee will organize the counseling for 15% All India Quota Seats. State level counseling for 85% state quota seats will be held under the guidance of individual state counseling authorities. The candidates have to register for counseling online on DGHS official website.
The NEET 2019 counseling will be taking place in two rounds for 15% AIQ seats and three round counseling process for Central, Deemed, and ESIC colleges.
The candidate satisfying the minimum qualifying marks requirement will be eligible for the counseling process.
Important Points to Remember
- The student’s merit, category, and availability of seats in colleges determine seat allotment.
- Candidates who wish to resign from the allotted seat after the second round of NEET 2019 will have to participate in the online resignation process again.
- After seat allotment candidates have to report to the respective college within the specified time period.
- The seats left vacant in the first round of NEET 2019 counseling will include in the second round.
- The seat allotment list and seat allotment letter will release as NEET counseling result.
- The result of first round NEET 2019 counseling will publish in online mode (PDF format).
NEET Counseling Schedule 2019
NEET Offline Exam 2019 – May 5, 2019
Results NEET – June 5, 2019
Counseling Schedule NEET 2019
|Central Counseling||State Counseling|
|All India Quota||Central/Deemed||
Display of Seat Matrix
|Second Week of June 2019||Third Week of June 2019|
|Round 1 Counseling||June 13 – 22||
June 25 – July 5
Round 1 end date of reporting
|July 3||July 12|
|2 Round of Counselling||July 6– 12||
round 2 End date of reporting
|July 22||August 3|
|Mop-up round||–||August 12– 22||
End date of reporting
|–||August 26||August 12|
|The vacant seat list will be given back to the medical colleges by the authorities.||
End date of Joining
|August 12 – 17||August 15 – 17||
Detailed Procedure for NEET 2019 Counseling Schedule
For 15% All India Quota seats
For Deemed Universities/Central Universities/ESIC Colleges
Criteria For Merit List NEET 2019
The eligibility criteria for the merit list for NEET 2019 depends on the guidelines made by the Medical & Dental Council of India. The determinants for NEET 2019 Merit List are as follows:
- An applicant must attain minimum marks of 50th percentile in the qualifying NEET 20019 entrance exam
- The first counseling requirement of number of candidates is predetermined. The required number of candidates fail to satisfy the qualification merit; the central government in consultation with MCI and DCI may lower the minimum required marks at its own discretion.
- The aspirants must have an aggregate percentage of 50% in Physics, Biology/Biotechnology, Chemistry, and English.
What is Mock Counselling in NEET 2019 Counselling Process?
- Mock Counselling /Indicative Seat Allotment is an option open for the candidates for close estimation of the seats they can get on their choices and rank.
- Mock Counselling in NEET 2019 helps candidates to refine their preference of colleges.
NEET Counseling Procedure to Follow
The NEET counseling 2019 is a long process and candidate must know the process details properly. The counseling of NEET 2019 will start tentatively in the second week of June 2019. Given below are the few steps to follow in NEET counseling in 2019.
Registration: Candidates have to register for the counseling process online. The counseling link will be available on the official MCC website and candidate have to enter the personal & academic details for registration.
Choosing and Locking the Seats: The candidates will be given the list of colleges(on screen) according to their merit in NEET 2019. The student can choose the colleges they want in a particular order of preference. It is mandatory to lock the choices and save them. If there will be no saved choices, automatically the no choice selection will be considered and at the time of seat allotment, the candidate will be ineligible.
The NEET score and availability of the seat in the choice of college determines the admission status.
Seat Allotment Result NEET 2019
The NEET counseling result will release in the form of the seat allotment list and seat allotment letter after each round of counseling. Candidates can check their name, roll no., allotted category, candidates’ category, allotted college, quota, etc. in the NEET seat allotment list. The seat allotment letter is an important document and is mandatory to carry for the admission process.
Mop up Round NEET Counselling 2019
The mop-up round is held for the seats resigned or vacant after the two rounds. The Mop-up counseling in NEET 2019 is held by states for the 15% All India Quota. Candidate can participate in this round for seat allotment.
Reporting to the Allotted College
Candidates allotted a seat have to report to the respective college to complete the admission formalities. It is mandatory to carry the seat allotment letter and the original copy of the documents as given below-
- NEET Admit Card 2019
- NEET Scorecard
- Class 10 pass certificate/mark sheet
- Class 12 pass certificate/mark sheet
- Valid ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Passport size photographs
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- Different Certificates (if applicable
NEET State Counselling 2019
The online counseling for 85% State Quota seats and the NEET counseling for private colleges will be regulated by the state counseling authorities. The colleges of Jammu and Kashmir do not participate in the centralized NEET counseling procedure, and the counseling is conducted by the state counseling body. Each state releases its own merit list, schedule, and application form. The state quota seats require the domicile rules.