When you write a sentence in English, there are a few things that you should get right. One such important thing is the punctuation. Punctuation sets the pace for a sentence and hence you should learn about it well. Questions on punctuation are pretty common in Class 6 Exams. In this post, we are going to take a look at the NCERT Solutions for Class 6th, focusing on the Punctuations. So, let’s take a look, shall we?
NCERT Solutions for Class 6th – Understanding Punctuations
Punctuation is the use of special signs and even spaces to that helps in the correct reading and understanding the sentence. You need to know about the rules of using the punctuation marks.
Expected Questions on NCERT Punctuations
In most boards, the question paper would have different types of questions on Punctuations. One of the most common types of questions is where you would be given a sentence with different punctuations. You would be asked to choose the right punctuations. There are other types of questions available as well.
Tips for Solving Questions on Punctuations
- Never use ‘its’ with an apostrophe unless it means ‘it is’ or ‘it has’ – it’s amazing how many people use it wrongly.
- Apostrophes should usually only be used to show possession or omission. The exception is to avoid confusion when forming plurals of letters (eg A’s, which looks like ‘As’ if you leave out the apostrophe).
- Some people object to using ‘and’ or ‘but’ at the beginning of the sentence. Well, you can use them just fine.
- Semi-colons (;) can replace ‘and’ or ‘but’. They denote a pause that’s longer than a comma but shorter than a full stop.
- Colons can replace ‘so’, ‘therefore’ and ‘because’.
- Use semicolons, brackets and dashes sparingly, as they’re stylistically heavy. If in doubt, split the sentence.
NCERT Solutions for Class 6th – Questions on Punctuation
Given below are the NCERT Solutions for Class 6th from Topprnotes. You can click on the link given below to download the PDF file for Class 6th.
This was NCERT Solutions for Class 6th for Punctuations. We also have questions on other topics and subjects in NCERT as well. So, keep browsing Topprnotes and top your exams with ease.