Are you a student of high academic ability and potential interested in pursuing a well-paid, secure and high-profile career where you can make beneficial contributions to the theories and practices of modern medicine in substantial measures? Then, All India Institute Of Medical Science (AIIMS), constantly ranked top among the Indian medical schools, can aid you in tailoring you into a medical practitioner of highest potential.
All India Institute Of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) is a group of 9 autonomous Institutes of National Importance under the aegis of Indian Ministry Of Health And Family Welfare widely regarded as the best for medical education and research in the country. It offers various undergraduate and post-graduate programs related to medical science.
AIIMS Entrance Exam
The entrance to the various branches of AIIMS in New Delhi, Jodhpur, Raipur, Patna, Guntur, Bhubaneswar, Bhopal, Nagpur and Rishikesh for MBBS is determined strictly on the basis of the Entrance Exam conducted by the concerned authorities. A valid score in NEET/JIPMER does not make you eligible for admission to AIIMS. The exam is a Computer Based Test (CBT) held in various centres across the country.
The candidate must meet the following eligibility criteria to be eligible to write the entrance exam :
- The candidate must be an Indian National /Overseas Citizen Of India. Foreign Nationals must be nominated by the Government and such candidates are not required to crack the entrance exam.
- The candidate must be born on/before st January, 2002. There is no upper age limitation defined.
- The candidate must have passed 12th grade /equivalent from any State /Central /other recognized university /board with a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. The minimum marks required for SC /ST/OPH candidates is 50%.
Important Dates for Admission in AIIMS
|Online Registration starts||5th February, 2018|
|Online Registration closes||5th March, 2018(05:00p.m.)|
|Applications can be corrected||8th-12th March, 2018|
|Updated status of the application||21st March, 2018|
|Application re-correction||16th-18th April, 2018|
|Final Status||May, 2018|
|Admit Card||10th may, 2018|
|Entrance Exam||26th and 27th May, 2018|
|Results||18th June, 2018|
|First Counseling||3rd-6th July, 2018|
|Second Counseling||2nd August, 2018|
|Third Counseling||4th September, 2018|
|Open Counseling||27th September, 2018|
The application form is available online in their official website from the prescribed date. Register giving the required details. An application fee of Rs.1500 has to be paid using Net banking /Credit /Debit card. It is Rs.1200 for SC/ST candidates. PwD candidates are excepted from the Registration Fees. Upload your photograph, signature, and fingerprint. Then submit the form. Get a print out of the submitted form for your future reference.
All the applied candidates can download the admit cards from the official website from 10th May, 2018. This has to be brought to the exam hall.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The Entrance Exam is a Computer Based Exam spanning three and a half hours conducted in various centres across the country in two shifts, from 09:00a.m.-12: 30 p.m. and from 03:00 p.m.-06: 30 p.m. There will be a total of 200 Objective Questions consisting of both Multiple Choice Questions and Reason Assertion Questions. Question papers are set in English and Hindi. On embark will be awarded for each correct answer. There will be a penalty of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer. Questions are from the following sections :
- Physics: This section has a total of 60 questions and has questions pertaining to such areas as Physical World And Measurements, Kinematics, Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy And Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties Of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior Of Perfect Gas And Kinetic Theory, Oscillation And Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects Of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature Of Matter And Radiation, Atoms And Nuclei, Electric Devices and Communication Systems and related areas.
- Chemistry: This section has a total of 60 questions and has questions pertaining to such areas as Some Basic Concepts Of Chemistry, Structure Of Atom, Classification Of Elements And Periodicity In Properties, Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure, States Of Matter, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reaction, s-block Elements, p-block Elements, d-block Elements, f-block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Metals And Metallurgy, Basic Concepts Of Organic Chemistry, Reactive Intermediates, Isomerism, Nomenclature, Alkanes, Alkenes And Alkynes, Aromatic Compounds, Haloalkanes, Haloarenes, Alcohol, Phenol, Ethers, Aldehydes And Ketones, Carboxylic Acids, Amines, Carbohydrates, Amino Acids And Proteins, Polymers, Environmental Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Solid States, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Bio molecules, Chemistry In Everyday Life and General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements and related areas.
- Biology: This section has a total of 60 questions and has questions pertaining to such areas as Diversity In Living World, Structural Organization In Animals And Plants, Cell Structure And Functions, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics And Evolution, Biology And Human Welfare, Biotechnology And Its Applications and Ecology And Environment and related areas.
- General Knowledge: This section has a total of 20 questions and has questions to evaluate the candidates’ basic acquaintance with the current events of importance and general knowledge.
The cut-off for the General Category is 50%. It is 40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for OBC-NCL. The candidate must score the minimum cut-off score to be considered.
RESULTS OF AIIMS MBBS ENTRANCE EXAM 2018 WILL BE PUBLISHED ON 18th JUNE, 2018.
According to the scores of the exam the merit list is prepared which gets published on the official website.
The qualified candidates are called to attend the Counseling session held from 3rd to 6th July,2018 with the essential documents.
For further information and notification, visit the official website
Email ID: [email protected]
AIIMS is a dedicated teaching centre for medicine with outstanding library provision. A high profile and prestigious position in the field of medicine is assure after pursuing studies from AIIMS. Good luck for your attempts!