MAT is conducted by the All India Management Association. It has acceptance from almost 600 B-Schools. With the date finally nearing, it is important to take a step back and reevaluate where we stand with each of those topics. Ideally, at this point, one should be revising. So, take a step back and ensure you have done, or are doing, everything you should be in these crucial stages. Here, we have given the MAT Preparatory Tips that would help you in your preparation.
Generic MAT Preparatory Tips for Final Exam:
- Ensure that you have an accurate explanation for every answer you will be marking
- If you feel that a certain question has a long calculation involved, let it go. You can’t afford to be bogged down by lengthy calculations
- Learn the art of guessing the meaning of words from the context
- Ensure you also hone your ability to answer questions in logic and those requiring long calculations by simple elimination methods. These can save an unbelievable amount of time
- For questions in RC and Critical thinking, always choose the answer that mostly closely matches the information given in the passage. Do not go with another option just because you know it is factually right. If it isn’t mentioned in the passage, it is not right.
- Pay attention to modifiers in RC passages. Learn the basic fraction-to-percentage numbers.
- Learn to work your answer out backwards. This will save you time by not having to figure out complexities involved.
- Ensure you keep yourself updated up until the day of the exam. You never know which fact’s background might come as a question in the paper.
- Stay calm and ensure your physical health is sound
Subject wise MAT Preparatory Tips for Final Exam:
- Capitalise on your strengths. Ensure that all the topics you are strong in, you are perfect at this juncture
- If you haven’t touched your weak areas so far, don’t go for them now. It won’t help much. However, if you have prepared for them, give them a brief reading once again. This will help you get a clearer understanding of the topic and ensure that you stand to gain at least a few marks in these topics. However, attempt questions on such topics only after you’re reasonably sure that your knowledge of the topic eliminates any other possibility.
- Brush up your static general knowledge facts regularly so that you remember them better for the Final exam
- Keep reading newspapers and articles. It is in cases like that that social media helps you a lot. Ensure that you stay clear of bias as much as possible. They do more harm than good. Therefore, it is always better to read the same piece of news from different sources to understand which aspect the bias is based on, and eliminate that to retain the knowledge.
- Focus on tips and techniques that will shorten your problem solving time such as short hands, shortcuts, and other things that are unique to each topic. This is essentially what will help you save a lot of time in the exam.
- Keep reading passages, articles, novels, and all of that to ensure your reading speeds don’t fall down in the last month before exam.
- For data analysis, keep solving multiple mocks. However, don’t solve full length tests at this juncture. It might demotivate you. You only need to solve them to manage time. Therefore, solve not more than 1 or 2 in a week. Instead, focus on sectional tests to monitor your speeds.