To sit for any exam, you must pass through the scanner first. It is pre-requisite to check all the boxes of the eligibility list before you even get to cross the threshold of the examination hall. It’s not possible for any Tom, Dick and Harry to apply for important exams held every year for students competing to get into good colleges and launch a meteoric career thereafter. Same is the case with MAT. You will know about MAT Exam eligibility criteria in the below article.
The eligibility rules of the MAT exam has remained essentially unchanged over the years. Thus, AIMA has not affected any changes in the eligibility criteria of MAT 2018 exam either which is scheduled to be held in the month of September. To be eligible for the MAT exam, it is essential to possess the following conditions.
MAT Exam Eligibility Criteria
Read below about the MAT Exam eligibility criteria:
- Criteria for Exam Basis:
- Every applicant must qualify the MAT Exam only. No selection shall be entertained through GMAT or any other exam. However, every college has its own norms. And they can consider admission through NRI quota.
- Please note that the admission basis the NRI quota is totally dependent on college. MAT exam does not entertain such queries.
- Criteria on the Basis of Age:
- There is no age limit neither for NRI’s/Foreigner nor for Indian. The applicant can be of any age group and can apply for the exam.
- AIMA also does not restrict any candidate to seek MBA admission and appear in the MAT exam on the basis of age. There are no qualms as far as age is concerned and people from all walks of life and generations are free to try their luck, given that they’re graduates of a specific stream. In brief, no age bar is imposed
- Criteria on the Basis of Attempts:
- There is no such foundation for the no. of attempts. The applicant of any age group can apply for the exam.
- Criteria on the Basis of Qualification:
- The applicant must be graduate with minimum 3 years of education in that course.
- Applicants who are in their final year can also apply for the exam.
- Every college would have its own “minimum marks” in graduation. As the MAT has more than 600 B-school under its flagship. Therefore any college can set minimum marks criteria in its selection procedure. Though generally, it is 50% in overall CGPA.
The candidate applying for the MAT 2018 September exam must fulfill one of the following MAT exam eligibility criteria:
1. Completed Bachelor’s degree, or
2. Completed professional degree, for example, CA/CS/ICWA, or
3. Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree.
Important points to remember for MAT Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Mere fulfilment of minimum MAT 2018 eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by the Management Institute in which the applicant applies for admission.
- One of the key points prescribed by AIMA is that the candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the MAT 2018 exam process.
- According to AIMA, graduates in any discipline can apply for MAT September 2018 exam. Those who are in their final year of graduation can also apply. It implies that a candidate is eligible to appear in the September MAT 2018 exam if he/she holds recognized Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 3 years duration or equivalent in any discipline.
- Those completing their final graduation exam may also apply for MAT 2018 September exam. If shortlisted by the Business school on the basis of MAT 2018 September exam score, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate from the Principal/ Registrar of the College/Institution stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- Any B-School, national or international, can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the scorecards issued to the candidates.
Hence, only if you pass the aforementioned rules, will you be able to apply for the management exam and obtain the required admit card. The failure to stand up to the minimum requirement will result in inadequate qualifications and, in extension, the inability to sit for MAT. Thus, go through the stipulated rules carefully to guarantee hassle-free admission to your favourite Business School.