Are you interested in experimenting with a variety of design techniques and in the theoretical and practical sides of fashion? Are you a person with basic leadership and managerial skills willing to pursue a career in fashion marketing? If you have answered yes, then NIFT has a provision for you in the Masters of Fashion Management at NIFT.
National Institute Of Fashion Technology is a public university dedicated for fashion studies ranked 19th in the 2017 best fashion schools of the world, supported and aided by and affiliated to the Ministry Of Textiles, Government Of India. The University Head Office is in New Delhi with its branches spread over the country in various cities including Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Patna, Raebareli, Shillong, and Srinagar.
It offers a two-year Masters of Fashion Management at NIFT provides you with the basic hard and soft skills required to tailor you into fitting professionals in the management level of top organizations. The admission to this program is determined wholly on a merit-cum-performance basis in the NIFT Entrance Exam conducted every year by the institute.
Entrance Exam for Masters of Fashion Management at NIFT
The NIFT Entrance Exam is conducted to evaluate the candidates’ fitness for the courses applied and is a prerequisite to getting admitted to the various programs offered by the institute.
The candidate must meet the following conditions to be eligible for application to M.F.M. program at NIFT :
- The candidate must be a graduate in any field from any recognized Institute / University OR must have an undergraduate diploma of minimum 3 years from National Institute of Fashion Technology/National Institute of Design.
- No age limit is defined.
|Online Registration||October third week, 2018|
|Last Date for Online Registration||December last week, 2018|
|Last Date for Online Registration with a late fee of 5000INR||January first week, 2019|
|Update the application form||December last week to January first week|
|Admit Card||January second week 2019|
|Written Entrance Examination||January third week 2019|
|Result||February /March 2019|
|Situation Test||April/May 2019|
|Final Result||end of May/June 2019|
|Counseling||end of May/June 2019 onwards|
The application has to be submitted online before the prescribed date on their official website. The application portal is now closed. Fill in the required details. An application fee of 1500INR has to be paid online. It is 750INR for SC/ST/PWD candidates. The application fee is non-refundable.
All the eligible candidates can download the Admit Cards from the official site from the prescribed date.
Exam Pattern And Syllabus for the entrance exam for masters of fashion management at NIFT
The candidates’ suitability for this program is determined by the entrance exam set in English conducted in the following three sections :
(I) General Ability Test(GAT): This section has a total of 150 questions and is given 70% weightage in the final merit list. The maximum time allotted for this section is 180 minutes. This section is divided into the following :
- Quantitative Ability: This section has a total of 30 questions. This section has questions relating to such areas as Multiplication, Addition, Division, Fraction, Percentage, Rate Of Interest, Work And Task, Ratio And Proportion, Distance and related areas.
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension: This section has a total of 45 questions. This section has questions pertaining to such areas as Synonyms, Antonyms, Words With Corresponding Meanings, Singular And Plural, One Word Substitutes, Idioms And Phrases, Correct Spellings, Reading Comprehension Questions and related areas. This section aims at evaluating the candidates’ ability to understand English and has a question to comprehend from a given passage.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Ability: This section has a total of 25 questions. This section aims at evaluating the candidates’ logical reasoning and analytical skills. The candidates’ ability to identify a problem and to resolve it is evaluated.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This section has a total of 25 questions. This section aims at testing the candidates’ basic acquaintance with general knowledge and current affairs.
- Case Study: This section aims at evaluating the candidates’ basic managerial qualities. This section has a total of 25 questions.
(II) Group Discussion: The shortlisted candidates are requested to attend a case-based group discussion spanning 15 minutes approximately. Here, a jury of experts will be evaluating the candidates’ leadership, interpersonal skills, and various other parameters.
(III) Personal Interview: The shortlisted candidates in the written exam are requested to attend an interview with a board of experts where the candidates’ appropriateness for the course and creative and lateral thinking skills are evaluated. No specific training is required for this section.
Personal Interview and Group Discussion has a total of 30% weightage in the final merit list.
Results of the entrance exam will be announced on the prescribed date.
The selected candidates are requested to attend the counselling session on the respective dates with the required documents.
For further information and notification, visit the official website
Join this course of masters of fashion management at NIFT to witness the ground-breaking exhibition of talents in this field while introducing you fascinatingly to a rewarding career option. Good luck with your attempts!