Do you have the managerial skills to apply critical analysis to management issues a sound understanding of the fundamental concepts of management? Do you want to pursue a specialized education in an intellectually-rich management program characterized by cutting-edge research and global recognition? If yes, then the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) facilitates your journey to a dream career.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
Management Aptitude Test, popular by the acronym MAT, is a national-level standardized test organized and conducted quarterly every year in various centers across the country by All India Management Association (AIMA) to screen candidates to MBA and other allied programs offered by various national and international business schools.
|Online Registration commenced on||30 June 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application for paper-based test||24 August 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application for computer-based test||08 September 2018|
|The Admit Cards of the paper-based test will be issued by||25 August 2018|
|The Admit Cards for the computer-based test will be issued by||11 September 2018|
|Paper-based MAT 2018||02 September 2018|
|Computer-based MAT 2018||15 September 2018|
|Results will be declared by||21 September 2018|
The following conditions must be met with to be eligible for application to the exam:
- The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline. Final year undergraduate students can also apply provided they do not fail in submitting the requested documents on time.
- No specific age limit is prescribed.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s recent photograph in JPG/JPEG format (40KB – 100KB)
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s signature in JPG/JPEG format (10KB – 40KB)
How to Apply
The online application form is made available on the official website from 30 June 2018. Visit the website and click ‘Register’. Fill in the login details including your valid email ID and click ‘Submit’. Verify your email ID by entering the OTP sent to your registered email ID in the given space and click ‘Verify and Submit’. Login using your login credentials including your registered email ID, password, and date of birth. Fill in the application form by giving your personal details and educational qualifications. Give your preferred choice of centers. Then, upload the requested documents in the prescribed format. In the next stage, pay the application fees online using Credit card /Debit card /Net Banking. It amounts to 2650INR for candidates applying for both computer-based test and paper-based test and 1550INR for candidates applying for any one of the tests. You can then take a print-out of the form for future reference.
The Admit Cards for MAT September 2018 will be issued by 11 September 2018. Download the Admit Cards from the official website.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) makes a successful attempt to ascertain the candidate’s aptitude for further studies in management. It is a national-level entrance exam spanning 150 minutes with a total of 200 objective questions. There are the following five sections with each section having a total of 40 questions:
- Language Comprehension: This section aims at evaluating the candidate’s basic acquaintance with English Grammar and language and has Fill In The Blanks, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumble, and other related questions. The maximum time allotted for this section is 30 minutes.
- Mathematical Skills: This section has a maximum of 40 marks. The maximum time allotted for this section is 40 minutes. This section aims at evaluating the candidate’s mathematical skills and has questions pertaining to such areas as Elementary Mathematics, Arithmetic, Number System, Ratio and Proportion, Mixtures and Allegation, Unitary Method, Time and Distance, Commercial Maths, Profit and Loss, Interest, Geometry, Triangles, Circles, Mensuration, Algebra Permutation and Combinations, Sequence And Series, Trigonometry Heights and Distance, Linear Programming, Coordinate Geometry and related areas.
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency: This section has a total of 40 questions. The maximum time allotted for this section is 35 minutes. This section includes questions pertaining to such areas as Table, Data Sufficiency, Graphs (line, area), Charts (column, bar, pie), and Venn diagram among others.
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: This section has a total of 40 questions. The maximum time allotted for this section is 30 minutes. This section has questions pertaining to such areas as Fact Inference Judgment, Passage Conclusion, Analogy, and Statement Argument among others.
- Indian and Global Environment: This section has a total of 40 questions. The maximum time allotted for this section is 15 minutes. This section has questions pertaining to such areas as Economics, Finance, National and International Current Affairs, and General Knowledge among others.
MAT September 2018 results will be published on the official website by 21 September 2018. Log in using your Registration number and Roll number your result and scorecard carrying your scaled score, percentile score, and composite score.
MAT cut-off for top business schools generally lies between 70 and 80+ percentile. It varies depending on the college.
There is no centralized counselling process. Individual colleges determine their cut-offs and prepare their merit list accordingly. Selected candidates are informed via call letter or email and are expected to attend the counselling round with the required documents as per scheduled.
Attempt MAT and be a part of the world-class business academic community that provides intellectual leadership for business and cutting-edge research in related fields. Get moulded enough to profess a successful career in business and management. Good luck with your attempts!