KIITEE is a university level entrance exam conducted by Kalinga Institue of Industrial Technology or more popularly known as KIIT. The exam is the only mode of admission into the plethora of courses offered by the university in various different fields like Engineering, law, management etc. The exam is purely computer-based and there are only objective type questions in the examination. Here are the important dates, Application, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and all other information you need regarding KIITEE.
Overview of KIITEE 2019 Exam
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
Also known as
Undergraduate and Post Graduate Entrance Test
Computer Based Test
Courses Offered by KIIT
|UG Courses||PG Courses|
|1. B.Tech||1. Master of Mass Communication|
|2. Biotechnology – Dual Degree||2. MCA LE|
|3. B.Sc Nursing||3. MCA|
|4. BA LLB/BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB||4. M.Tech|
|5. BBA||5. M.Sc (Biotechnology/Applied Microbiology)|
|6. BCA||6. M.Sc Nursing|
|7. Bachelor of Design (Fashion/Textile)||7. MBA|
|8. Bachelor in Film and Televisions Production||8. MBA (RM)|
|9. B.Arch||9. LLM|
|10. B.Tech LE.||10. Master of Public Health|
Important Dates for KIITEE
Commencement of Online Registrations
Third week of November 2018
KIITEE last date to apply
Last week of March 2019
|KIIT Slot booking date||Third week of April 2019|
Issue of KIITEE Admit card
Third week of April 2019
KIIT exam date
Third and fourth week of April 2019.
Last week of April 2019
Download Rank Card/ Result
Last week of April 2019
KIITEE counselling dates
Third week of May 2019
These are the important dates for KIITEE for which you should look out for. As a candidate, you should not miss out any new update or an important event for the examination. Also, do keep in mind that these dates are tentative.
KIIT Application Form
The first and foremost a candidate has to take if they are interested in the test is to register themselves up for the test. The registration process is fairly simple and explained below –
- The registrations will commence from the third week of November 2019
- The KIIT application form will only be available online on the official website which will be activated once the dates are announced by the university
- In the application form, the candidates have to fill in their personal information such as – Name. email Id, phone number, father’s name, mother’s name etc.
- The candidates also have to fill out some academic information about themselves also which includes class 10 and class 12 marks.
- After all the information has been filled in the KIIT application form, then the candidates have to upload the necessary documents in the specific file size as mentioned in the instructions in the form
- The documents to be uploaded are Class 10 and 12 certificates, passport size photograph and signature of the candidate.
- The candidates are advised to not wait for the last date to fill the application form. However, the last date of registration will be in the month of March 2019.
KIIT Eligibility Criteria
KIIT will release the Eligibility criteria for KIITEE. The eligibility criteria include the minimum marks in high school(10+2) required for a candidate to apply. Candidates who are unable to meet the eligibility criteria will not be considered for the entrance examination even if they have successfully filled the application form.
KIIT Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Candidates
The eligibility criteria here mentions the age limit of the candidates for the course of B.Tech.
|Candidates should have passed or are must be pursuing 10 + 2 or equivalent in a regular full-time mode.
Candidates must have also scored a minimum aggregate mark of 60% Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics to be eligible for the KIITEE
Candidates must have finished class 12 or equivalent in the year 2017 or 2018.
Candidates appearing in class 12th examination in 2019 can also apply.
Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in their 10+ 2.
|Candidates must have been born on July 1, 1998, or after|
KIIT Slot Booking
KIIT slot booking is a process where the candidates are given the option to select the exam date and timings as per the convenience of the students from the given options. It is speculated that the KIIT slot booking will begin on 1 April 2019. Please note that only those candidates who have successfully filled out the KIITEE application form are eligible for the KIIT slot booking procedure. The slots are allotted to the candidates on the first come – first serve basis, which means that it is only a matter of a few minutes before the slots are already booked. Hence, if you want the slot of your choice you should complete the process as soon as the process starts. The KIITEE admit card will only be issued once the slot booking process is complete. Here are the steps to complete the slot booking process.
- Go to the official website and then to the slot booking link
- Log in by entering the application number and date of birth and then submit the details by clicking on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Now select the preferred test date
- Confirm your choice
- Once the slot booking would be completed you admit card would be generated and will appear on the window
- Download and take a print out if the KIITEE admit card and keep it safe with you at all times.
KIITEE Admit Card
The KITTEE admit card is issued to only those candidates who have completed the KIITEE application process and KIIT slot booking. The application form for 2019 will be available online from the third week of November 2019, until the last week of March. The KITTEE Admit card will contain the details regarding the allotted examination centre, the examination details such as time and duration along with the instructions to be followed on the day of the examination, and your personal details including your roll number. Here are the steps you can follow to download the KIITEE Admit Card.
Follow these steps to download the KIITEE admit card
- Click on the link of the official KIITEE, which will be activated once the university announces the application form.
- Enter the KIITEE 2019 application number and your date of birth
- Just click on the submit button
- The pdf link of the admit card will open up
After the Admit card is downloaded make sure to check that all the information is complete and correct. Also, take two printouts of the KIITEE to admit card and keep them handy until the exam and the other one even after the exam, until the admission is complete.
KIITEE Exam Pattern
- The KITTEE question paper pattern comprises of 120 questions.
- The KIIT exam pattern is divided into 3 parts – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Each section of the exam will consist of 40 questions and the total number of questions in the exam is 120.
- 180 minutes is the duration of the examination.
- As per the KIIT exam pattern, students will be awarded one mark for each correct answer, whereas one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The exam will be undertaken in computer mode rather than pen and paper.
The KIIT syllabus for the entrance exam for B.tech roughly covers the most of curriculum student have studied in class 10 and 12. However, the paper is based on objective type questions so there is no point assuming that the questions would be direct and one can pass the exam simply by rote learning.
KIIT Exam Results
The candidates will be able to check the KIITE result through online mode on the official website only. That official website for results will be made available online at the time of results only. To view the result the candidates have to log in using their application number and their date of birth. KIIT Cut off will also be released along with the KIIT Result. The KIIT cut off will also be declared through online mode only. The cutoff marks are differentiated by the result as the KIIT cut off marks refer to the minimum qualifying marks a candidate requires to participate in the KIIT counselling. Here are the steps to check the KIIT result.
- Go to the official website.
- A new page will be opened.
- Click on “KIITEE 2019 Result Published” link.
- Fill in your application number & date of birth.
- Then, click on the “Continue” button.
- The KIIT result will be displayed on the screen.
- Check and download the result for further use.
- Take a copy of it for future procedure
After the declaration of the KIIT result, the university will declare the KIIT cutoff for the year 2019. The cut off will only be released in the online mode. The candidates will be called for the counselling procedure on the basis of their rank and the cut off released. In short, only those candidates will be called for the counselling procedure who are able to meet the minimum cutoff for their respective course.
KIIT Cutoff marks for the year 2015 and 2013
|S.No.||B.Tech Courses in various departments||Closing Rank in 2015||Closing Rank in 2013|
|3||Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||30415||17749|
|4||Electronics and Telecommunication||14233||9949|
|5||Computer Science Engineering||5044||5356|
|7||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||20970||14376|
KIIT Admission and Counselling Procedure
After the release of the cutoffs, the counselling process starts which is solely based on the candidate’s merit and the rank secured. After a couple of days of result declaration, the KIIT University will release the counselling schedule. The students who’d qualify the cut-offs will be invited for the KIIT counselling. The university releases the KIIT cutoff marks for participating in the counselling. Candidates those who score the marks higher than the cut-off marks are invited for the counselling process. The counselling only takes place in the offline mode which means that the candidates have to be there at the designated centres with all the necessary documents. Those candidates failing to produce any such document shall be terminated from the process.
There are 4 steps in the Counselling Procedure
Candidates are called for counselling after the declaration of the merit list. The candidates scoring a higher rank will be given preference while allotting the seats. Candidates have to reach the designated counselling centre and the candidates have to fill the course choice as per their order of preference.
Candidates have to verify their original documents at the time of KIIT counselling if any candidate fails to produce the necessary documents he/she will not be allowed for the admission.
After the verification process of the documents, candidates will be allotted the seats which will be on the basis of candidate’s filled choices, availability of the seats and rank of the candidate. The KIIT admission process might be stopped in any stage as soon as the seats are filled.
Payment of the fee
To confirm their seat the candidates have to pay the counselling fees to get admission in the allotted college for the allotted course.
Previous Year Question Papers
Unlike any other exam, KIIT exam also requires hard work and sheer determination. It is important for the candidates to solve the KIIT previous year question paper for B.tech and for other courses so as to get a good grasp of the paper. All the toppers who have aced the examination practice KIIT question paper. Here is the importance of solving KIIT question paper. All the toppers who have aced the examination practice KIIT question paper.
- Candidates can understand the exam pattern.
- Candidates can get a good understanding of the syllabus
- Practising the KIIT previous year question paper will improve your speed in solving the questions
- Solving KIIT question paper will boost your confidence
Here is some previous year with solutions for you to download and practice.
|B. Tech||Biotechnology-Dual Degree(B.Tech & M.Tech)- Maths/Biology:||BSc Nursing:||M. TECH.(2 Years):|
So, this was all the information you need regarding KIITEE 2019. The exam unlike any other can be cracked and you can ace it. All you have to do is just study hard for the exam and consistently. Also, you should keep yourself updated with all the latest information or updates regarding the exam.