The admission to the two JIPMER campuses is taken through the JIPMER MBBS 2019 entrance exam. The number of aspirants taking the entrance exam is approximately 1.2 lakh every year. JIPMER, Puducherry is the authoritative body for holding the admission process annually. The JIPMER will offer admission to 200 seats available across two JIPMER – Puducherry and Karaikal.
JIPMER, Puducherry the regulatory body for JIPMER MBBS 2019 entrance exam will determine the JIPMER eligibility criteria for MBBS. The JIPMER online application form is releasing on 6 March 2019.
MBBS JIPMER entrance exam 2019 is announced to be conducted on June 2, 2019, for the academic year 2019-20. The mode of conducting of JIPMER MBBS 2019 exam is online (CBT).
The candidates qualifying the entrance exam will be called to participate in the JIPMER MBBS 2019 counseling process. The admission will be taken on the basis of the merit score and the preferences of the candidates.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 Entrance Exam at Glance
The mode of the JIPMER medical entrance exam will be online. Application forms for JIPMER Entrance Exam will be available on 6 March 2019. It is very important for the aspirants to be familiar with the JIPMER entrance exam and its eligibility before filling the application form
|Overview||JIPMER MBBS 2019 Exam Details|
|Name of the Exam||JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam|
|Duration||2 hour 30 Minutes|
|Type of Paper||MCQ|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Comprehension, Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude|
What is JIPMER MBBS Exam 2019?
The admission to the JIPMER institutes across India is taken through the JIPMER MBBS 2019 entrance exam. The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry will conduct the entrance exam for 200 seats available in two JIPMER institutes.
- It will be feasible for a candidate to go through the exam pattern before taking it.
- The candidate appearing/passed 10+2 class from any recognized board is eligible.
- Candidate should be 17 years of age on 31st December 2019.
The Number of Attempts for JIPMER MBBS exam?
There is no limitation for the number of attempts in JIPMER MBBS exam. The aspirants are free to take the entrance exam as many times they want after attaining 17 years of age.
Important Dates – JIPMER MBBS Entrance 2019 Exam
JIPMER 2019 official body the JIPMER, Puducherry has made the important announcements for the JIPMER MBBS 2019 exam. Here take a look at the important dates of JIPMER entrance.
JIPMER 2019 Dates(Tentative)
The release of the application form date
March 6, 2019
Last date for JIPMER application form submission
April 12, 2019
The release of JIPMER card Date
Second week of May 2019
|JIPMER exam date||June 2, 2019|
JIPMER exam result date 2019
Second week of June 2019
26-28 June 2019
|26 September 2019|
JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2019
- The candidate should be minimum 17 years of age as on 31 December 2019.
- The candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biolog, and English as the core subject in 10+2 level.
- Passed/ Appearing in 10+2 level from any recognized central/ state or its equivalent board.
- The candidate should be the Indian national.
- The aspirants should have a minimum aggregate of 50% (general), 40%(SC/ST/OBC), and 45% (unreserved PWD/ OPH) marks respectively in 12 class examination.
JIPMER MBBS Application Form 2019
JIPMER Application Form for the year 2019 will be available for candidates on March 6 on the official website. The JIPMER MBBS 2019 last date for registration and form filling is 12 April 2019. Candidates must try to fill the JIPMER form prior to the last date.
The process for filling up the JIPMER MBBS Application form is as follows:
- Visit the JIPMER exam website.
- Register for JIPMER MBBS 2019 by following the details given.
- Uploading of the scanned photo and signature.
- Enter the personal details like name, DOB, gender, nationality, category etc.
- The registration process will be completed with the login credentials appearing on the screen and sent on a registered Email/Mobile number.
- The fee payment has to be made for final submission.
- The exam centre choice has to be filled. The website will depict real-time availability of seats in the exam centre.
- Submit the form by clicking on the submit button.
The Application Fee JIPMER 2019
|General (UR) & P UR||1200|
|OBC & P OBC||1200|
|SC/ST & PSC||1000|
|OPH & P||OPH Exempted from paying Application Fee|
Application and JIPMER MBBS Fee Structure can be checked here.
Exam Centres – JIPMER MBBS 2019
The authorities will release the exam centre list for taking JIPMER MBBS Exam 2019. The JIPMER exam centres include all the main cities and UT of India.
How to fill JIPMER Exam Center in the Application Form?
- The candidate has to choose the exam centre at the time of JIPMER registration
- The selected seat will not be applicable for change.
- The priority should be given to the convenience & accessibility of the JIPMER exam centre.
- Candidates must book the slots earliest possible for avoiding the random slot.
Syllabus JIPMER 2019
The syllabus for JIPMER 2019 will help a candidate to prepare well for the examination. It covers the important topic for the JIPMER exam. The syllabus for JIPMER 2019 comprises class 11 & 12 Important NCERT Physics, Chemistry and biology subjects.
Circular Motion, Electricity, Electro-Magnetic Induction, Electronic Devices, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Measurement, Motion, Nuclear Physics, Physics of the Atom: Thermodynamics: Work and heat, the first law of Thermodynamics, Optics.
Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Classification of Elements, States of Matter: Solids, Gases, and Liquids, Equilibrium, Hydrogen, p,d,f-Block Elements, Hydrocarbons, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Coordination Compounds, Organic Chemistry, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen.
Cell Structure and Function, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Reproduction, Biology, and Human Welfare, Ecology and Environment, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and its Applications.
English Language and Comprehension
Reading Comprehensions & Note-Making, Writing Skills, Sentence Correction, Sentence Completion, Antonyms, Synonyms, Vocabulary, etc
Logic and Quantitative Reasoning
Coding & Decoding, Figure Completion Test Substitution, Blood Relationships, Theme Detection, Number & Alphabetical Series Quantitative Aptitude, mirror images, etc.
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam Pattern
- Mode: online mode (computer-based test).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Language: The question paper will be in English and Hindi language.
- Number of Questions: Total 200 multiple choice
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Comprehension, and Quantitative Aptitude & Logical Reasoning.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will lead to a +1 mark.
There will be 60 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and 10 each from english comprehension and Logical reasoning & Aptitude respectively.
JIPMER Cut off (Minimum Qualifying Percentile)
JIPMER, Puducherry will use the percentile method for determining the JIPMER cut off. The JIPMER exam authorities will release the minimum required percentile score for different categories.
The minimum qualifying percentile and cutoff mark JIPMER:
JIPMER Seats Matrix
There are a total of 200 seats available for MBBS admission across JIPMER campuses. The seat distribution is done according to the Indian government rules & regulations. The JIPMER seat distribution is as follows:
|*JIPMER Category-wise Seat Reservation 2019|
|S.No||Categories||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|5||Puducherry – UR||22||9||31|
|*Orthopedically Handicapped OPH Seat Reservation|
JIPMER MBBS Counseling and Admission Process
The JIPMER MBBS counseling is a four round process. The fourth round known as the open round of counseling depends on the availability of seats. The counseling for the MBBS seats will begin from 26-28 June 2019. Candidates qualifying JIPMER MBBS 2019 will be able to participate in the counseling process.
JIPMER MBBS 2019 counseling will start with first-round involving steps like registration and submission of preferences. The candidates taking part in the first round of counseling will be eligible for the subsequent rounds if not allotted seat. All the qualified candidates will participate in the open round of counseling.
The completion of all counseling round will make it compulsory of a candidate to visit the campus and pay the admission fee for confirming their admission. The admission will be confirmed after fee payment.