JEE aspirants who ought to appear for JEE Mains & Advanced 2019 are rolling up their sleeves to put their shoulders to the wheel and make the most out of their hard work. One thing that must be kept in mind is that along with working hard, it must be strategized before in the proper direction.
We suggest that you take a look at the JEE Main Exam Pattern before we look at the tips. Click on the button below to know more:
To know the details about the JEE Main Syllabus, click on the link below:
Tips and guidelines which I personally followed to clear JEE Mains and Advanced.
Tips regarding routine
1. Maintain a healthy routine by waking up in morning at a proper time (5-6 pm) because from my experience, morning studies are most effective. For that, you need to sleep before midnight every day.
2. Avoid distractions of social media and hanging out during your preparation period. It may annoy you at times but best in the long run.
3. Don’t completely become a sturdy nerd and give proper recreation time of an hour in evening just to refresh.
4. Also never skip meals due to stress or anxiety. At least keep taking fluids or juices to maintain your studying efficiency.
How to attempt the paper?
1. Always begin with your strongest subject because if initially, you get a boost and positive vibes by solving a good amount of questions in lesser time, certainly it’ll keep your brain in run and senses intact.
2. Leave highly calculative questions for the last even if it might seem easy because it might consume much time and even a little error in the calculation may ruin your end result.
3. Particularly for JEE Mains, it’s better to start off with Chemistry or Maths with which students usually feel better.
4. Students must not get into the misconception that if we directly prepare for JEE Advanced then we’ll feel JEE Mains easy to crack. This is absolutely false. JEE Mains is more speed based and lesser on concepts. Meanwhile, JEE Advanced is more about concepts rather than speed. Prepare for each accordingly.
5. In Physics numeric problems, if the options have different units, always first check each option dimensionally which may cut off your calculation part and save time.
6. Always solve previous year papers for the better understanding of the paper and design your solving strategy.
If you’re a coaching student, always first go through the coaching study materials first because it is being designed by expert faculty with an experience of a lot of years behind it.
Then comes books by different authors. Here are my recommended books that made me feel subjects easier.
1. Concepts of Physics 1 & 2 – HC Verma
2. Physics Mechanics 1 – DC Pandey
3. Physics Mechanics 2 – DC Pandey
4. Problems in General Physics – Irodov
5. 40 Years Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers IIT JEE Physics
1. Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – RC Mukherjee
2. Concepts of Physical Paperback – P Bahadur
3. Organic Chemistry, 7e – Morrison Boy
4. 40 Years Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers IIT JEE Chemistry
1. Mathematics Vol 1 & 2 – RD Sharma
2. Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics – A. Das Gupta
3. Objective Mathematics – SK Pundir & ML Khanna
4. 40 Years Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers IIT JEE Mathematics
So I’ve shared everything regarding JEE Mains and Advanced from my experience of preparation. For any questions regarding preparation, feel free to comment.
To check out the details of the JEE Main 2019, click on the link below: