In 2019, the JEE Main exam would be conducted twice in 2019. In this article, we would take a look at the JEE Main Eligibility. You need to fulfill the eligibility criteria to appear for the exam.
JEE Main Eligibility 2019 – Complete Information
JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria include:
- Citizenship and Nationality
- Date of Birth and Age limit
- Year in which appeared for class 12th/Diploma
- Number of subjects
- Number of previous attempts
- Marks required for JEE Main 2019
- Aadhaar card Enroll
JEE Main Eligibility 2019 – Complete Details
|Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2019||Information|
|Nationality and Citizenship||Indian students are eligible to apply|
NRIs, PIOs, OCIs and Foreign national candidates are eligible to apply
|Age limit||For General and OBC|
|Year in which appeared for class 12th/Diploma/Other Equivalent Exam||Candidates Completed Class 12th or Equivalent Exam in 2017/2018|
Candidates appearing for Class 12th Exam or Equivalent exam in 2019
Diploma students passed or are in the final year of their degree
|Number of Subjects in Qualification Examination||Candidates should have studied at least 5 subjects corresponding Class 12 Exam or Diploma/Degree Course in any other equivalent exam|
|Number of Attempts||3 Times: Candidates have only 3 chances to appear for JEE Main 2019 Exam|
|Marks Required for JEE Main 2019||As announced by the CBSE regarding Percentage and Eligibility marks criteria, Candidates should score more than 75% marks or should be In Top 20 percentile in respective board|
|Aadhaar Card Enrollment||Candidates should hold valid Aadhaar Card while applying for JEE Main 2019|
Equivalent Exams to appear for JEE Main 2019 Eligibility
- Class 12th Board Exams
- Intermediate or 2 Year Pre-University Examination recognized by a recognized Board/University
- Final Examination of Joint Services of a 2-year course Wing of NDA.
- NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) Senior Secondary School Examination
- Any School/Board/University Exam in India/Foreign Country approved and recognized by Associate of Indian Universities (AIU).
Important points to keep in mind – JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants who appeared in 2015 or before for class 12th exam or equivalent exam are not eligible.
- To take admission in NITs/CFTIs, Diploma degree holders need to qualify JEE Advanced 2019 after qualifying for JEE Main 2019.
- Candidates who failed in Class 12th Exam in 2015 and passed the exam in 2016 are also not eligible for JEE Main 2019 Exam.
- All the Diploma Degree holders will be treated as candidates who are 12th qualified only.
- Candidates need to clear JEE Main exam and then JEE advanced 2019 to take admission in IITs or ISMs.
So, these were some of the most important information about the JEE Main Eligibility 2019. We hope that you found the article to be useful. For more information on JEE Main 2019, please take a look at the button: