JEE Main Counselling 2019 will start from the month of June 2019 after the successful commencement of JEE Main 2019. CBSE, the conducting authority for JEE Main 2019 will release the official notification about JEE Main 2019 Counselling after declaring JEE Main 2019 result. JEE Main exam will be conducted in the month of January and April in online mode at various exam centres all over India.
JEE Main exam is conducted for admissions in B.E/B.Tech courses at various participating institutions like NITs, IIITs, GFTIs and private institutions as well. JOSAA will regulate the complete counselling procedure for JEE Main 2019.
JEE Main Counselling 2019
JOSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) will be organizing JEE Main 2019 Counselling for admissions in various participating institutions for engineering and architectural courses. Candidates who will be eligible for JEE Main 2019 Counselling as per the JEE Main 2019 result will be able to register for the Counselling procedure by JOSAA 2019. Candidates who clear JEE Advanced 2019 will be eligible for admission in IITs, ISMs etc as will be conducted by JOSAA. CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) will conduct the special counselling round for remaining vacant seats.
JoSAA Counselling 2019 for JEE Main 2019
There will be around 97 participating institutions including IITs. ISM, NITs, IITs, CFTIs and some private state universities which will take part in JOSAA 2019 counselling for JEE Main 2019 and JEE Advanced 2019. As soon as the result for JEE Main and Advanced gets declared for 2019 in June, JOSAA will start the counselling procedure and candidates will be able to register and fill their choices. There will be total 7 rounds of counselling which will be managed by JoSAA 2019.
Important Dates JOSAA Counselling 2019
JoSAA will be organizing the counselling for JEE Main 2019 and JEE Advanced 2019 and aspirants can follow the below tentative schedule for JoSAA Counselling 2019.
|Registration & Choice filling||2nd week of June 2019|
|Last date for registration & choice filling||3rd week of June 2019|
|Verification and Validation||Last week of June 2019|
|1st round of seat allocation||Last week of June 2019|
|1st round for seat acceptance||Last week of June to 1st week of July 2019|
|Display of seat availability||1st week of July 2019|
|2nd round of seat allocation||1st week of July 2019|
|2nd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||1st week of July 2019|
|Display of seat availability||2nd week of July 2019|
|3rd round of seat allocation||2nd week of July 2019|
|3rd round withdrawal/acceptance of seats||2nd week of July 2019|
|Reporting to centre||2nd week of July 2019|
To know more about the Dates for JEE Main 2019, click on the link below:
JEE Main 2019 Counselling Procedure
There will be total 7 rounds of counselling for seat allocation in various academic courses like B.E/B.Tech offered by different participating institutions. JEE Main 2019 Counselling procedure is concluded in the following steps:
Step 1: JoSAA 2019 Online Registration
- Visit the official website by clicking on the link given below
- Enter your credentials (JEE Main 2019 Roll no. and Password) and click login button
- Read the instructions and click on “I Agree” button to move to Registration Form for JoSAA Counselling
- Candidates should fill all the details carefully and submit the form by clicking on “Confirm Registration”
Step 2: Choice Filling and Locking in JEE Main counselling 2019
- Candidates will be able to select “Choice Available” option.
- Select Institute Type, Institute Name & Academic Programme and click on the “Choice Filling & Locking” option.
- Candidates will be able to choose from Colleges & Courses. However, candidates should fill maximum possible choices for seat allotment.
- Candidates should arrange choices in the decreasing order of the preferences.
- If there is need to change the choice which has been filled, then click on the “Choice Interchange” option.
- Candidates will be able to arrange the colleges according to the preferences by clicking on the button “Choice Rearrange”.
- Click on the “Save” button to save preferences.
- If candidates want to delete their filled choices, click on the “Multiple Deletion” option.
- Lock the choices before the deadline by clicking on the option “Lock Choice”. Candidates need to make choices carefully, choices once locked will not change.
- Locking of choices will be made after each round of counselling in JoSAA 2019.
- Candidates can mark upgraded choice in successive rounds of choice filling and locking process.
Step 3: JoSAA 2019 Seat Allotment for JEE Main 2019
- Allotment of seats will be done on the basis of reservation rules and norms, choices filled by the aspirants and vacancies.
- Candidates will receive an Email/SMS regarding the seat allotment after a few days of the choice lock.
- Candidates will be able to download the seat allotment letter for JEE Main 2019.
Step 4: Seat Acceptance and Fee Payment for JEE Main Counselling 2019
- Candidates will need to deposit the acceptance fees via SBI Ner Banking/e-Challan to confirm the seat allotment by JoSAA 2019.
- Candidates will need to verify the documents for provisional seat acceptance in JEE Main counselling 2019.
- After completion of the Counselling process, a provisional admission letter to candidates will be issued accordingly.
Step 5: Reporting to Allocated College
- Candidates will need to report to the allotted college after the fee acceptance along with the original required documents and certificates.
- Allotment of seats in NIT, IIIT, IIEST & other GFTI colleges will be concluded in counselling and candidates would need to report to respective reporting centres of colleges.
- Candidates who will be allotted seat in IIT & ISM have to report only at reporting centre of IITs.
Important points to remember for JEE Main Counselling 2019 procedure
Freeze, Float and Slide Options:
- Freeze: Those candidates who accept the allotted seat & don’t want to participate in other counselling rounds.
- Float: Candidates who want to get admission to a better college and have accepted the allotted seat. They would have the option to participate in further counselling rounds.
- Slide: This option is for candidates, those accept the allotted seat & looking for the better option in the same institution. These candidates are considered for the other round of counselling.
- In case, candidates want to make changes from float to slide/free & slide, etc option, they have to report to the respective allocated centre for changes.
- No changes will be allowed during the last round of seat allocation.
- The slide & float options are only given to the students who are not offered admission to their first preferences.
Withdraw of Seats:
- If candidates want to withdraw their seats, they have to report to the reporting centre before the sixth round of seat allocation.
- Candidates will not be considered for the further round of counselling procedure after withdrawing option.
- After the withdrawal of seat, the seat acceptance fee will be refunded to the candidates after deduction of Rs. 1000 as a processing charge.
- For seat withdraw process, candidates have to fill their bank account details & upload an image of cancelled cheque (same account) in a JPEG/JPG format. After that, download the withdrawal request letter.
- Candidates have to put their own & parent’s signature in the withdrawal request letter & report to the reporting centre.
Seats Reservation in JEE Main Counselling 2019
JEE Main Counselling 2019 for reserved categories along with State reservation quota is managed by JoSAA for admissions in Engineering colleges through JEE Main 2019. As per the reservation rules set by Government for seat allocation, candidates belonging to reserved categories will take admission in colleges. The reserved categories comprise of OBC (Other Backward Classes, Non-Creamy Layer), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) & Person with Disability (PwD). State level reservation for seat allocation is also present in various participating institutions.
Documents which will be required at the reporting centres of various participating institutions are listed below. Candidates would need to bring the original documents along with self-attested copies to verify the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2019 Counselling.
- Three passport size photographs (uploaded during registration)
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Proof of seat acceptance fee payment
- Photo identity card
- JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2019 Score Card
- Date of birth proof (10th class mark sheet)
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Undertaking by the candidate
- Medical certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate of PIO card (if applicable)
- Registration-cum-locked choices for seat allotment
These were the details of JEE Main Counselling for 2019. We hope that you found this article to be useful. To know more about JEE Main 2019, click on the link below: