Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) at IISc
This prestigious university, regularly ranked as one of the best universities of our country, offers a research-oriented 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in the following disciplines :
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Materials Science
The students are advised to take Elective Subjects in addition to their Core Course to broaden their knowledge beyond the specific subject disciplines and are provided with a variety of subjects including Humanities and Engineering to focus on. They will be awarded a Minor in the electives.
The candidate must meet the following conditions to be eligible for application :
- The candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent in 2018/2019 with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as the main subjects with a minimum of 60% aggregate. It is relaxed for SC/ST candidates to a mere passing marks in the qualifying exam.
The eligibility of the candidate to the proposed program is determined strictly on the basis of the scores secured by the candidates in any of the following national level examinations :
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship (KVPY): Those who are selected for the KVPY-SA fellowship by qualifying KVPY in 2017/selected for the KVPY-SX fellowship by qualifying KVPY in 2018/selected for the KVPY-SB fellowship by qualifying KVPY in 2018/KVPY-SA and SX Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates are eligible to apply.
- IIT JEE MAIN: Those who appear for IIT JEE MAIN exam in 2019 with a minimum score of 60 % are eligible to apply. The minimum score for OBC-NCL is 54% and it is 30% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- IIT JEE ADVANCED: Those who appear for IIT JEE ADVANCED exam in 2019 with a minimum score of 60 % are eligible to apply. The minimum score for OBC-NCL is 50% and it is 30% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- NEET UG: Those who appear for NEET UG exam in 2019 with a minimum score of 60 % are eligible to apply. The minimum score for OBC-NCL is 54% and it is 30% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
The application form is available online on the official website www.iisc.ac.in/ug tentatively from February 2019. Fill in the application form by entering the essential information. The application fee has to be paid online through Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card or Debit/Credit Cards. Application Fees is Rs.500. It is Rs.250 for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Life at IISC
Studying at this world-leading long-established university offers you every opportunity to better your academic and personal skills. With an illustrious history of more than 100 years, IISC has become self-standing with the major amenities being provided within the premises. Students will have daily access to world-class resources including J. R. D. Tata Memorial Library, amenities hall, and auditoriums. The college premises also includes travel agencies, photo studio, photocopying and DTP centers, bookshops, pharmacy, laundries, tailoring shops, food stalls, banks, repairing shops, baby care centers, and others to facilitate the life of the students. Medical and psychological assistance including sickbay and health centers are provided for the students.
IISc is a residential campus and offers accommodation facilities for gents, ladies, and married students. Separate refectory facilities are provided for vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
Apart from the regular lectures and other academic activities, the students are provided with provisions for relieving stress and pressure. Gymkhana, the sports and culture hub of IISc, is a forum for the academic students to pursue their extra-curricular interests and passions. It organizes various events throughout the year for exhibiting the talents of the IISc student community. ‘Pravega’, the biggest science fest of India, is the institute’s annual festival with a perfect blend of science and culture held tentatively in the fourth week of January.
With its century-old tradition, industry interactions, competitive faculty, Interdisciplinary approach, and international exposure, education at IISc molds one into potential professionals. Major imbibers of the IISc student community in the past few years include ABB, IBM Research, MaxLinear, MRF, Bosch, Saint Gobain, Tata Motors, Airbus, HP, Intel, Oracle, Rolls-Royce, Huawei, Amazon, Hero, Microsoft, Samsung, Walmart, Citibank among many others.
For further notification and updates visit the official website
Pursue your interests in science in IISc and be at the frontline of the most creative scientific research of our time. Good luck with your attempts!