The Indian Institute Of Foreign Trade Exam 2018 , popular by the acronym IIFT Exam, is a national-level standardized joint entrance exam organized and conducted once every year in various centers across the country by the Indian Institute Of Foreign Trade, an autonomous public business school under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry that was conferred the status of a Deemed University in 2002, to screen candidates to the Master of Business Administration in International Business(MBA-IB) program, which constitutes the flagship program offered by the various branches of the institute in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada. Here is all you ned to know about Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Exam 2018.
Important Dates for Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Exam 2018
|The application form was made available online from||8th August 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application form||14th September 2018|
|The Admit Cards will be issued on||16th November 2018|
|IIFT Exam||2nd December 2018|
|Results will be declared by||7th January 2019|
The following conditions must be met with to be eligible for application to the MBA-IB program offered by the various branches of the institute:
- There is no prescribed age limit.
- The candidate must have passed a Bachelor’s degree program from any recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 50%. This is reduced to 45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD Categories. Final year undergraduate students can also apply.
- Foreign Nationals having a valid passport/any other travel document not present in India at the time of the examination must produce the score of the Graduate Management Admission Test taken after 1st January 2017 before 15th February 2019.
- Digital copy of the candidate’s recent photograph in.jpg/.jpeg format with a maximum size of 50KB.
- Digital copy of the candidate’s signature put on a white background with size limited to 20KB.
How to Apply
Online application forms for MBA-IB 2019-2021 can be accessed from the official website, till 14th September 2019. Register by giving your personal details including your name, gender, date of birth, parents’ names, resident status, mobile number, and email address. Click ‘Submit’. Log in to your account using the login ID and password sent to your registered email ID and mobile number. Fill the application form by entering your personal details including your category and your academic details including your degree, year of passing, CGPA/marks, college, university, and city. Fill out the details of your work experience if any. Choose your preferred IIFT campus and give your preferred choice of the examination center. Fill out the address for communication and you will be directed to the next stage of the application process. An application fee of Rs.1650 has to be paid online using Credit /Debit card. It is Rs.825 for SC/ST/PWD candidates and 5500INR for foreign nationals. Upload your photograph, and signature in the prescribed format. Then submit the form. Get a print out of the payment receipt carrying a unique registration number for future reference.
Admit Cards for the successfully registered candidates can be downloaded from the official website from 16th November 2018. This along with one of the following documents must be brought to the examination center on the date of the examination latest by 09:00 a.m.:
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Election ID Card
- PAN Card
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for The Indian Institute Of Foreign Trade Exam 2018
IIFT Exam is a national-level written test spanning 120 minutes conducted offline in 20 centers across the country. There will be Multiple Choice objective-type questions from the following sections:
- English Grammar
- Vocabulary and Comprehension
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Analysis
Marks and numbers of questions for each of the separate sections are not pre-defined. There will be a total of 114 questions with a maximum aggregate score of 100 marks. There will be a penalty of 1/3rd of the allotted marks for each of the wrongly answered questions. The section-wise syllabus is as given below:
- Quantitative Analysis: This section will have about 20 questions from those areas including simple interest, work, Ratio, cost, percentage, filling of overhead tank, geometry, algebra, logarithm, triangle, rectangular plank, diagonal distance, circumference, Probability, integers, mensuration, and permutation combination and related areas. Each of the correct answers will be awarded 1 mark.
- Verbal Ability: This section will have a total of about 20 questions and has questions pertaining to such areas as idioms and phrases, punctuation, correction of grammatical errors in sentence construction for underlined parts, analogy, placement of words at appropriate places, matching the prefix and suffix, one word substitution, fill in the blanks, jumbled sentences, figures of speech, spelling correction, antonyms/synonyms, active-passive and related areas. Each of the correct answers will be awarded 1 mark.
- Logical Reasoning: This section will have a total of about 20 questions and has questions pertaining to such areas as team-based questions, statements-conclusions, coding-decoding, arguments, conclusions, blood relations, clocks, calendars, direction sense, seating arrangements and related areas. Each of the correct answers will be awarded 1 mark.
- Reading Comprehension: This section will have a total of about 16 questions from 4 passages relating to such topics as current affairs – business and economy, the social scenario in the country, international happenings and their impact on India, opinion-based abstract topics, fact-based data-driven topics and related areas. Each of the correct answers will be awarded 1 mark.
- Data Interpretation: This section will have a total of about 20 questions and has questions pertaining to such areas as analysis and comparative study of data tables, charts and graphs with tables, pie charts and tables, bar diagrams and comparative tables, and related areas. Each of the correct answers will be awarded 0.75 marks.
- General Awareness: This section will have a total of about 18 questions and has questions pertaining to such areas as logos, personalities, matching the stock markets to countries, currencies of nations, current affairs, brand ambassador, fictional characters, books and authors, business and economy, and related areas. Each of the correct answers will be awarded 0.50 marks.
Exam Results and Cut-off
The Indian Institute Of Foreign Trade Exam 2018 results will be published online on the official website by 7th January 2019. The cut-off will vary as per the difficulty level and the proposed branch. It is comparatively higher for Delhi branch followed by Kolkata and Kakinada branches. Generally, it comes in a range between 40-45 for candidates belonging to unreserved categories. There will be section-wise cut-off.
According to the merit list, the shortlisted candidates will be called to attend the writing skills assessment, group discussion, and personal interview segments that are likely to be held in January or February 2019.
For further information and updated notifications, visit the official website:
With an approach to learning that has developed over 55 years and with its current engagement in leading research, the institute has an exciting story worthy enough to make one proud of being a part of the story. The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Exam 2018 opens your door to this premier institute. Good luck with your attempts!