Candidates appearing for the IBSAT exam are advised to be familiar with the IBSAT Syllabus which is prescribed by the ICFAI foundation. It will help them to know the various topics to be covered for the preparation of the exam.
As per the IBSAT exam pattern, the paper is divided into 5 sections, namely – Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation & Data Adequacy, Vocabulary, Analytical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension. All the sections will have 30 questions each except for the Verbal Ability section as it consists of 50 questions.
To answer the question the candidates have to choose the correct option from the choices given. Here is the detailed IBSAT Syllabus for the ease of the candidates.
Overview of the IBSAT Exam Pattern
- There are 5 sections in the examination – Quantitative Techniques, Data Interpretation & Data Adequacy, Vocabulary, Analytical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension.
- The duration is 2 hours of the test
- The total number of question is 40.
- Each section has 30 questions except for verbal ability with 50 questions
- Questions asked in the examination will be objective type
- Each question would have 4 options
- the candidates have to select the correct option from the given 4 options
- For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded one mark
- There is no negative marking for any unattempted or incorrect answer
Here is the IBSAT syllabus for the year 2018. The syllabus is segregated as per the different sections of the exam.[su_table]
|IBSAT Exam Syllabus|
|Data Adequacy and Data Interpretation||
Candidates, please note that this syllabus is not exhaustive, as the exam is objective type, so, there are chances that some question might be out of the prescribed syllabus or above the usual difficulty level.
As per IBSAT paper pattern the marking scheme is simple for the examination. for each correct answer, the candidate is awarded one mark. Also, there is no negative marking in the examination for any wrong or unattempted question which paves the way for a little speculation of the answers as well.
IBSAT Mock Test
Every year IBSAT releases a mock test paper for the candidates to practice. Practising such mock tests will help the candidates to get a better understanding of the nature of the exam. Also, candidates will get to know their strengths and weaknesses after solving the mock test which will help them for their betterment. Here are the instructions to download the IBSAT mock test.
- Click here to attempt the 3 mock tests provided by IBSAT
- Now, after the link has been opened enter your name, email address and state.
- After that, you will be able to take 3 mock test – Mock Test 1, Mock Test 2 and Mock Test 3.
Knowing the IBSAT Syllabus and the exam pattern will help the candidates to prepare their strategy for the exam. Also, practising the mock tests will give the candidates a reality check of their current position for the exam and a chance to improve the weak spots.